HDPrime....the new Ilikehd

KhonKaenKowboy

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive noticed things are running a lot better than previous weeks. 

But I've just woke up to watch the FA cup which I know Is on BBC. But just looking through the sports section of the app I've noticed that all the BEIN chsnnels apart from BEIN 1have disappeared!!

This is not good news if it stays this way due to the fact thst these BEIN channels have always been the most stable for the football and also you get all the Saturday U.K. football games on these channels.

Lets hope this is only the renovation they were talking about and they are back on air by the time the next EPL games are on.

cos as any footy fans out there know sky sports are not allowed to show 3pm U.K. Kick off time games on tv!!!

IMG_0300.thumb.JPG.1ce3f146a7d974bd5cafa272e0e4db62.JPG

Ominous. But I pay the extra and watch most of the footy on True, which is always reliable and faultless. That can't be said for HDPrime. I do find it bizarre though that True hide channels two, three and four on their website programme schedule page. They usually show 3pm matches on two of those 'secret' channels but the only way to know what they are showing is to turn on the tv. Why the secrecy, I wonder. Weird.

37 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Ominous. But I pay the extra and watch most of the footy on True, which is always reliable and faultless. That can't be said for HDPrime. I do find it bizarre though that True hide channels two, three and four on their website programme schedule page. They usually show 3pm matches on two of those 'secret' channels but the only way to know what they are showing is to turn on the tv. Why the secrecy, I wonder. Weird.

That's the reason i have used hdprime and before ilikehdtv is for the 3pm U.K. kick offs in the U.K. 

Like I said been on it this morning to see if the FA CUP was possibly on BEIN channels instead of BBC as it is more stable but I only see BEIN 1!!

strsnge,

wait see what happens 

2 hours ago, scottyp1980 said:

That's the reason i have used hdprime and before ilikehdtv is for the 3pm U.K. kick offs in the U.K. 

Like I said been on it this morning to see if the FA CUP was possibly on BEIN channels instead of BBC as it is more stable but I only see BEIN 1!!

strsnge,

wait see what happens 

Maybe try https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/United-Kingdom or http://www.teatimetv.to/ Quality is usually excellent. FirstOne can be slow to load but then it's okay, and if you register (free) it allows to watch BT Sport 1 & 2. I'll be watching Vardy back at his old club this evening when Leicester play at Fleetwood :smile:

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Maybe try https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/United-Kingdom or http://www.teatimetv.to/ Quality is usually excellent. FirstOne can be slow to load but then it's okay, and if you register (free) it allows to watch BT Sport 1 & 2. I'll be watching Vardy back at his old club this evening when Leicester play at Fleetwood :smile:

Thanks for the info I'll have a look at this. But I'll wait maybe BEIN 2,3,4 will be back on by the time premiership is back on next week. Could possibly just the renovations they were talking about and doing a few tests etc.... fingers crossed anyway haha. 

Good luck tonight for your team but it's the FA cup you might be the 1st shock exit haha....Scotty 

1 hour ago, scottyp1980 said:

Thanks for the info I'll have a look at this. But I'll wait maybe BEIN 2,3,4 will be back on by the time premiership is back on next week. Could possibly just the renovations they were talking about and doing a few tests etc.... fingers crossed anyway haha. 

Good luck tonight for your team but it's the FA cup you might be the 1st shock exit haha....Scotty 

Not my team. I'm lumbered with LO after being taken there in my early teens by a misguided friend.

Orient 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION:
i signed up for the hdprime 7 day free trail and like it, seems to work fine using the 30mbs BBB wifi and to my laptop via HDMI cable to the tv.

SO what i want to know am going to switch to the ais  50 mbs service as its only 699 .With the box they give you for free can i use that for HD prime>  the live tv for 380

or do i need another android box??  if so what do i look for when i buy a box?

will a wireless keyboard/mouse work with the ais box?

Thanks

PS  for Americans::::  is there a station that shows Basketball??

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 9:02 AM, phuketrichard said:

I am watching college basketball right now in 2K resolution on ESPN and also on ESPN2 by way of DirectTV Now using  a VPN.

Beautiful picture on my 4K television.

I was only looking for a few channels that I like to watch and it just so happens that all the channels that I want are on the cheapest version of DirectTV Now.  No Kodi box needed.  I am watching on the Chrome browser with Windows 10. Very easy to use.

DirectTV Now is not so cheap, ($35/month for 65 channels) but I am willing to pay the price because I personally find Kodi to be too much of a pain in the rear to use.

So far, every channel has been 2K resolution. NBC Sports channel is a part of my subscription so I am able to watch the Winter Olympics also.

QUESTION:
i signed up for the hdprime 7 day free trail and like it, seems to work fine using the 30mbs BBB wifi and to my laptop via HDMI cable to the tv.

SO what i want to know am going to switch to the ais  50 mbs service as its only 699 .With the box they give you for free can i use that for HD prime>  the live tv for 380

or do i need another android box??  if so what do i look for when i buy a box?
will a wireless keyboard/mouse work with the ais box?

Thanks

Re: basketball, if you're on Thailand and don't use a VPN when you sign up, you can get NBA League Pass for about $80 for the balance of the season. With that you get every team's games everyday, in 720p/60fps resolution if you use the unofficial Kodi plugin as your viewer and seemingly in somewhat lower resolution if you use the officially sanctioned viewing software. Using Kodi as the viewer on an AIS Fibre plan, it almost never buffers even at max resolution.

I am watching college basketball right now in 2K resolution on ESPN and also on ESPN2 by way of DirectTV Now using  a VPN.
Beautiful picture on my 4K television.

I was only looking for a few channels that I like to watch and it just so happens that all the channels that I want are on the cheapest version of DirectTV Now.  No Kodi box needed.  I am watching on the Chrome browser with Windows 10. Very easy to use.

DirectTV Now is not so cheap, ($35/month for 65 channels) but I am willing to pay the price because I personally find Kodi to be too much of a pain in the rear to use.

So far, every channel has been 2K resolution. NBC Sports channel is a part of my subscription so I am able to watch the Winter Olympics also.

Does "2K resolution" mean 1080p?

^^ 2K = 2160p

OK, thanks. When watching a video in Chrome, how can you tell what the actual resolution is? In Kodi you can just press the "O" key on the keyboard and it will display the resolution, frame rate, and some other stuff but I don't know how to get that info in a browser.

On my LG TV, there is an "info" button that will show me the resolution. My laptop is hooked up to my 4K LG TV via HDMI. It's possible that it is not really accurate, due to the indirect source of the internet going through my Chrome browser and then being fed into the television, but it absolutely looks better than 1080p. 

P_20180209_143408_vHDR_On_1.thumb.jpg.99843326f2075107ae30521e86fde03b.jpg

On my LG TV, there is an "info" button that will show me the resolution. My laptop is hooked up to my 4K LG TV via HDMI. It's possible that it is not really accurate, due to the indirect source of the internet going through my Chrome browser and then being fed into the television, but it absolutely looks better than 1080p. P_20180209_143408_vHDR_On_1.thumb.jpg.99843326f2075107ae30521e86fde03b.jpg&key=d785acdb0a68c883710f26b4f9c7f96ba9ba841fd60f047688216420dd79f738

Wouldn't that just be reflecting the resolution settings that you put in Control Panel? While your computer is displaying on your TV, try right-clicking on your windows desktop, select "display settings", and you'll probably see that the resolution that was selected there is 3840x2160. In that case and anything that your PC outputs to the TV will be upsampled or downsampled to 3849x2160 regardless of the resolution of the source material.

My bad.

2160p is actually 4K UHD according to Wikipedia

Technical terms aside, the programming that I am seeing on my system is absolutely better than 1080p HD. 

I am extremely happy with DirecTV Now, even though it costs more than what people are paying for their fiddly Kodi content.

Yes, I know. Many people are paying nothing for their Kodi content. 

But it doesn't bother me to pay the price for the simplicity, quality, and program selection that I am getting from DirecTV Now

And they are not selling fly-by-night, bootleg programming. It's unlikely that they will just disappear and leave me searching for a replacement.

I had ilikehd before, but they changed some things when they went to HD Prime.

Also, they are showing mostly UK, rather than US versions of the programs that I want. 

And how long will it be before HD Prime disappears and (maybe) reappear again with another new system?

I don't need to have hundreds or thousands of useless channels that some websites are offering.

I now have every single channel that I was searching for, and they are all included in my basic-level DirecTV Now subscription.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it's just me, but the test cricket between Australia and Sth  Africa

is pretty much unwatchable today on HD Prime.

IMO, they've never really recovered from the server issues of last year.

I've been in Dubai for a couple of weeks and was surprised that I've been able to access HDPrime as if I was at home. I thought it was only usable for residents of Thailand. Was able to watch three straight football matches last weekend without the after midnight finish :)

On 3/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

I've been in Dubai for a couple of weeks and was surprised that I've been able to access HDPrime as if I was at home. I thought it was only usable for residents of Thailand. Was able to watch three straight football matches last weekend without the after midnight finish :)

My mate's been using HD Prime while he's been in the UK for the last couple of weeks. He says it works fine there as well without any problems.

On ‎1‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, nyk said:

Have been watching for last 30 mins with no problems. Sky sports cricket Europe A server, Connection is tot fibre 50/20

Thanks for that.

Changed server to Europe A yesterday and it was good.

Fingers crossed for today.

There's a very good new TV interface now. It has a preview of the programme where you can click on the bottom right to get full screen, and if you use the list option it not only shows the current programme but lists a couple of upcoming ones too. And it is far easier now to see the programmes available on catch-up. A very good appearance upgrade.

On 3/7/2018 at 7:40 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

There's a very good new TV interface now. It has a preview of the programme where you can click on the bottom right to get full screen, and if you use the list option it not only shows the current programme but lists a couple of upcoming ones too. And it is far easier now to see the programmes available on catch-up. A very good appearance upgrade.

Hi Bangkok Barry, yes the upgrade is very good on my laptop, so i thought  i would try it on my big screen tv,

so i uninstalled the app hdprime, then went to google    store to reinstall app but could not find it, Hum problem, go to google typed in hdprime ,  scrolled down to hdprime login clicked on that and hdprime page came up, login got it but the problem is i cant get rid of google search bar at the top of the screen,  have you had that problem , can you help me, im not very technical. 

Kind Regards   

2 hours ago, himmel said:

Hi Bangkok Barry, yes the upgrade is very good on my laptop, so i thought  i would try it on my big screen tv, so i uninstalled the app hdprime, then went to google    store to reinstall app but could not find it, Hum problem, go to google typed in hdprime ,  scrolled down to hdprime login clicked on that and hdprime page came up, login got it but the problem is i cant get rid of google search bar at the top of the screen,  have you had that problem , can you help me, im not very technical. 

Kind Regards   

I'd ask HDPrime if I were you. [email protected]. They're very helpful.

I personally watch it via a spare laptop I have connected to the (not Smart) tv with an HDMI cable.

Archived