Phuket residents left in the dark over huge blackout

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, Naam said:

not in the lounge, inverter integrated battery charger, ventilated storage area, 4 systems in our home to cover different areas, bridging 10 hours power cut no problem, assembly time 15 minutes, cost 19,000.- Baht.

Inverter.jpg

Nice clean and neat set-up. But 15 minutes assembly time ?  Come on get real.  Take a couple of days just to buy all the components. Assemble and connect all the cables - I'd say 2 or 3 hours. All going well, and as a old offshore tech I know nothing goes well and expect to double the time of my initial estimate.

But nice set-up, I am impressed.

4 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

But 15 minutes assembly time ?

i'll do it any time in 15 minutes but i admit that i assembled more than a dozen systems. a bit time consuming is when multiple batteries have to be connected. single battery means one connection from battery plus to inverter plus and one from battery minus to inverter minus (total 5 minutes). plug power to inverter in socket = 5 seconds, plug in whatever you want = another 5 seconds. plenty of time left to smoke a cigarette and poke nose.

rabugento1.gif

buying the components, selecting where to setup and perhaps indoor ventilation is not "assembly".

19 minutes ago, Naam said:

i'll do it any time in 15 minutes but i admit that i assembled more than a dozen systems. a bit time consuming is when multiple batteries have to be connected. single battery means one connection from battery plus to inverter plus and one from battery minus to inverter minus (total 5 minutes). plug power to inverter in socket = 5 seconds, plug in whatever you want = another 5 seconds. plenty of time left to smoke a cigarette and poke nose.

rabugento1.gif

buying the components, selecting where to setup and perhaps indoor ventilation is not "assembly".

I agree with your 'not assembly' comment. But I see 4 batteries in the photo.  Surely making up the battery connections and cable lengths is assemble.  For sure if all the kit is pre-assembled then 15 minutes is possible.... maybe.

In no way am I knocking you ... it's a very nice installation. I am only trying to impress on other board members the work and preparation that goes into this sort of installation. Don't expect your local installer to charge a small labour fee.

Edited by LivinginKata
typo

57 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

In no way am I knocking you ... it's a very nice installation. I am only trying to impress on other board members the work and preparation that goes into this sort of installation.

whatever time it takes to buy the components (it's neither easy nor cheap to buy locally an inverter with an integrated charger and automatic switching) and assemble them the result justifies all efforts and cost. that's of course my personal (not so) humble view even though we live in an area where power cuts and brown-outs are nowadays quite rare. if the latter was different i would have installed already a generator.