Thai Culture Ministry promotes reconciliation through religion and culture

webfact

Culture Ministry promotes reconciliation through religion and culture

BANGKOK, 31 May 2017 (NNT) – The Ministry of Culture is pushing forward moral community, religious relations and cultural road projects to promote unity and boost local economy. 

Culture Minister Vira Rojpojchanarat said the outcome of executives meeting at the Ministry of Culture that the meeting has acknowledged the Q3 expenses report, 59 percent of which has already been proceeded. 

The meeting has urged pending projects to expedite transactions and provide support to local organizations, communities, and cultural networks to push forward unity using cultural and religious aspects.

The Ministry of Culture is now focusing on projects such as the moral community promoting sufficiency economy philosophy, the religion relations, and cultural road projects to enhance unity among local communities and create more jobs for villagers.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-05-31

Culture is the reason you're in this mess. Funny how if in my country I excused so many wrongs I did and others did with "But it's my culture", I'd be laughed out. This country needs to learn how to talk. Talk and try to meet in the middle. Actually ask what the people want. That way when you give it to them and they say "Booo! We don't like it!" You can say "This is what you asked for". If you think they're not ready for democracy, you could at the very least educate them properly in preparation. But this is all moot anyway. As time goes by, it will only get harder and harder for the rich elite to keep so much control. 

As for religion, how about simply basing ideas on common sense. Some people may have learnt that there is no next life so they're not worried if they do something truly bad. It's a lot harder to not believe in a justice system that will hand down proper prison sentences for your sins. 

Leave it to a centralized, "moral" authority in the capital like the MiniCult to tell the commoners to "reconcile".

Thais have the EXACT same divisions in religion (Mahanikaya and Dhammayuttika Nikaya), and to the same degree in culture, as they do in society, which manifest itself politically, when allowed by the "authorities".

At least fix just 5 big problems, and I think the people would give ant government a free pass...  education, transportation, police enforcement, reform the court system, and of course corruption.  Don't try to plaster over everything with religion and culture.  There is this thing called the internet now

8 hours ago, webfact said:

provide support to local organizations, communities, and cultural networks to push forward unity using cultural and religious aspects.

So will such support be extended to the Muslim culture in southern Thailand?

Or will it be dedicated only to the Buddhist culture?

Reconciliation through religion ... lol, that's rich ... since when has one religion helped reconciling with people from another  religion ?

The early sages of Hinduism, Jesus Christ, the Lord Buddha, and the Prophet Mohammed probably all believed in tolerance, and probing oneself before accusing anyone else of anything, but the institutions that have grown on their teachings, distorting them to the point where there is not even a trace of the original intentions, do NOT teach reconciliation.

What they ALL say is "we are right, they are wrong'. Religious institutions are not about spirituality, they are about power. Full stop.

Edited by Yann55