Jump to content

Need Help or Suggestion with Parcel that seem to never arive


Samacha

Recommended Posts

Dear Community, i moved here from Germany 1 year ago. And i been trying to order things from ebay.

My Problems is that i never received anything. I tried it with some tracking sites and thats the results:

 

https://www.17track.net/en/track?nums=41800521269,P000012205359,ANJBE1002255062YQ

 

I ask ebay about this and they only give me the standard anwser and pay back the money.

But those sellers i bought also when i was living from germany so i know that they are trustworty.

When i lived in Germany, the german post mostly informed me to pick up the parcel, they may open it and ask what its inside etc. 

 

My question now its whats the story here in thailand?  Do they contact me or what?

Its frustrating that every time i order something from ebay i never get it.

Need advice and suggestions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The addressing system in Thailand follows a different logic.

Numbers are assigned when houses are built, this means that if your house number is 91, 90 and 92 can be in other side of the village (moo)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

The addressing system in Thailand follows a different logic.

Numbers are assigned when houses are built, this means that if your house number is 91, 90 and 92 can be in other side of the village (moo)

omg how complicated, why only ebay? when i order from lazada from a thai shop no problem.

Edited by Samacha
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Samacha said:

how the hell dont they know where i live? its on the parcel......

Addressing/finding an address is by no means comparable to Germany where you can enter any street address to a map and it will point to the house.

Follow the advice and try your luck at the local post office (for your postal code).

 

Unfortunately the numbers on your tracking site do not follow the usual standard for international post tracking (at least I was not successful to derive anything from it).

 

The last status of the tracking is translated by Google as:

"Zhengzhou billing processing center, leave, the next stop [Zhengzhou International]"

 

?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

There can also be confusing with those pesky roman letters.

Differing transcriptions of location and street names.

An endless story.

I have a collection of 15 different spellings for a popular street in Pattaya :smile:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might be wrong, but I remember that shipments with China Post (as shown from "Zhengzhou", central China) can indeed last weeks to Thailand?

I sometimes see that when browsing on Lazada (Thai online store).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use ebay a lot & have done for many years, generally speaking I don't have any trouble getting parcels - eventually!

The tracking depends on the type of postage sender uses, the cheaper it is the less tracking you will get! many will only track to Thailand, Thai post doesn't track all types of postage, if it is a signed for parcel, they will track. The problem with ordering "signed" is it is expensive and immediately brings it to the attention of Thai customs, who further delay parcel and charge duties and VAT.

The post office in our area (Udon) has changed how they deliver parcels in the past couple of months, which seems to have further delayed goods!

Good luck

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Samacha said:

how the hell dont they know where i live? its on the parcel......

If the parcel isn't reaching you then how do you know that the address is correct? Have you checked your address on Ebay to make sure it is the address you actually live at. We all can make mistakes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, sinbin said:

If the parcel isn't reaching you then how do you know that the address is correct? Have you checked your address on Ebay to make sure it is the address you actually live at. We all can make mistakes.

 

 

Thats my Address

Sila 4 Amphour Meuang 60/730 Ban Puaarthorn
 
Khon Kaen khon kaen 40000
Thailand
09XXXXXX69
 
 
cant be wrong write? from lazada everything came......

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lazada and Ebay are two separate firms. All I'm saying is have you gone onto your Ebay/Paypal profile page and checked the address is correct? I've no wish to rub you up the wrong way. I'm just trying to help. I too have online accounts but I don't seem to get the problems you seem to be having.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Samacha said:

cant be wrong write? from lazada everything came......

As I already wrote: the tracking status from the link in the OP (still) shows Zhengzhou (central China) as latest location.

I would not bother too much about the shipment within Thailand as long as you don't know why the status shows no progress. Can you inquire?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote
Sila 4 Amphour Meuang 60/730 Ban Puaarthorn
 
Khon Kaen khon kaen 40000
Thailand
09XXXXXX69

Well, not very well formed. Wrong order, missing "Tambon", typos/transcript strange.

"Puaarthorn"? (Almost) no search result with Google.

No idea what this should stand for.

"Sila 4"? Is it Tambon Sila? No idea what the 4 stands for.

 

 

An approach:

 

(name)

60/730 BAN PUAARTHORN (?)

T. SILA

A. MUEANG

KHON KAEN

40000

THAILAND

 

Don't write the phone nr. in the address field, somewhere separated!

"A" and "T" can be used as shortcut for Amphoe (district) and Tambon (sub-district).

"Amphoe Mueang Khon Kaen" can be cut short to Amphoe Mueang (A. MUEANG).

Upper case is useful.

 

You are very lucky that Lazada shipments arrived.

Phone calls involved?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Puaarthorn?

I think it should be Ban Uaarthorn (well know government housing projects).

I wonder if the village/house number is reversed. Perhaps 730/60 instead of 60/730.

Soi instead of sila?

Perhaps for the first line

730/60 Soi 4 Ban Uaarthorn. Or perhaps Ban Uaarthorn 4 instead of Soi or Silla.

Edited by ubonjoe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

If you want to get your packages without any hassles go get a PO box. I have one at the big mail center north of town, costs 200 baht per year and never have a package delivery problem.

I did multiple shipments of bigger packages as "poste restante"/"general delivery" to the post office of my choice (not the one for our district).

I then pickup the packages there.

Cost 1 Baht per day (!) for storage.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think it should be Ban Uaarthorn (well know government housing projects).

I wonder if the village/house number is reversed. Perhaps 730/60 instead of 60/730.

Soi instead of sila?

Perhaps for the first line

730/60 Soi 4 Ban Uaarthorn. Or perhaps Ban Uaarthorn 4 instead of Soi or Silla.

That would make sense.

บ้านเอื้ออาทร

Transcript could be: BAN UEA ATHON.

 

The 60/730 could be correct.

Found an arbitrary example on the net:

209/1199 SOI 31 , BAN UEA ATHON BAN PET
Mueang Khon Kaen 40000

 

But the example leads to more confusion.

Multiple Ban Uea Athon addresses for KK are shown to be in Tambon Ban Pet.

Correct Tambon name IS important for the post men.

?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sinbin said:

Lazada and Ebay are two separate firms. All I'm saying is have you gone onto your Ebay/Paypal profile page and checked the address is correct? I've no wish to rub you up the wrong way. I'm just trying to help. I too have online accounts but I don't seem to get the problems you seem to be having.

I know whenever we get a shipment from Lazada the delivery person will always call ahead and confirm address and usually ask for directions!

I think you are correct in that the OP address is not recognised by the PO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That would make sense.

บ้านเอื้ออาทร

Transcript could be: BAN UEA ATHON.

 

The 60/730 could be correct.

Found an arbitrary example on the net:

209/1199 SOI 31 , BAN UEA ATHON BAN PET
Mueang Khon Kaen 40000

 

But the example leads to more confusion.

Multiple Ban Uea Athon addresses for KK are shown to be in Tambon Ban Pet.

Correct Tambon name IS important for the post men.

?

 

I did a search for Uaarthorn and came up several hits for the uaarthorn housing projects. They put a number behind each one of the projects.

I think the village/house number is really important. The post office uses a list of village numbers that helps them find addresses.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Well, not very well formed. Wrong order, missing "Tambon", typos/transcript strange.

"Puaarthorn"? (Almost) no search result with Google.

No idea what this should stand for.

"Sila 4"? Is it Tambon Sila? No idea what the 4 stands for.

 

 

An approach:

 

(name)

60/730 BAN PUAARTHORN (?)

T. SILA

A. MUEANG

KHON KAEN

40000

THAILAND

 

Don't write the phone nr. in the address field, somewhere separated!

"A" and "T" can be used as shortcut for Amphoe (district) and Tambon (sub-district).

"Amphoe Mueang Khon Kaen" can be cut short to Amphoe Mueang (A. MUEANG).

Upper case is useful.

 

You are very lucky that Lazada shipments arrived.

Phone calls involved?

 

Sila 4 Amphour Meuang 60/730 Ban Puaarthorn

 

Sila is a somehow District. 60/730 is on my house.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueang_Khon_Kaen_District

 

 

So i changed it to here on ebay:

 

 
60/730 Ban Puaarthorn Sila 4 Amphour Meuang Khon Kaen
Khon Kaen khon kaen 40000
Thailand
 
hope it works.....anything else i should add?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

"Multiple Ban Uea Athon addresses for KK are shown to be in Tambon Ban Pet.

Correct Tambon name IS important for the post men."

 

He doesn't live in Ban Pet.   He lives in T. Sila.

Sila 4 is the government housing mooban that is about 8km North of KKC proper, and a few km N/W of the Army hospital.

There are either 3 or 4 Uea Athon properties in the KKC area.

 

As suggested earlier, contact the Post Office and see if the parcel(s) is/are there.

The correct PO for where you live is the post office on Mittraphop, close to the Northern ring road.

 

 

 

"...anything else i should add?"

 

Yes.  The name of the actual street would help.  

In the same mooban, I use 'xx/xxx Moo 26'.

 

Edited by TerryLH
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, sinbin said:

By the way Samacha, who gave you the English version of your address?

my father said his letters from the australien goverment comes true without trouble, he uses this

 

 

60/730 Ban Euaarthorn, Sila 4

Tambol Sila, Amphor Meuang

KhonKaen 40000

Thailand

 

Should i try this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Samacha said:

my father said his letters from the australien goverment comes true without trouble, he uses this

 

 

60/730 Ban Euaarthorn, Sila 4

Tambol Sila, Amphor Meuang

KhonKaen 40000

Thailand

 

Should i try this?

Why don't you just show that address to your local postal person and ask if this is okay? Or why don't you ask some other farang living nearby how he addresses his mail?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my father said his letters from the australien goverment comes true without trouble, he uses this
 
 
60/730 Ban Euaarthorn, Sila 4
Tambol Sila, Amphor Meuang
KhonKaen 40000
Thailand
 
Should i try this?

This one looks like an adress I can understand.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Samacha said:

60/730 Ban Euaarthorn, Sila 4

Tambol Sila, Amphor Meuang

KhonKaen 40000

Thailand

I would simplify and always have postcode on separate line.

"Thailand" for international shipments only.

 

60/730 Ban Euaarthorn, Sila 4
T. Sila, A. Mueang
Khon Kaen
40000
Thailand

 

If the transcript "Euaarthorn" is understood leave it like it is.

("Uea Athon" is most frequently seen)

Meuang -> Mueang

 

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=Uea+Athon&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=lS4yWeSuNcrTvATM5oWgBQ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"60/730 Ban Euaarthorn, Sila 4
T. Sila, A. Mueang
Khon Kaen
40000"

 

"Uea Athon"  = is the name of the project.  There are hundreds ++ units here.  A very large project.

 

Still needs a street or route address.

Lazada calls to find out where you live.  The post office doesn't.

 

If the post carrier says he can't locate you, the parcel will sit at the post office.  That's why there have been suggestions for you to go ask them to look for the items for you.

 

Take a look at the address on the house book.  That might include the info you need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.






×
×
  • Create New...