Praise for the Thai runner who can't pass litter without picking it up!

webfact

Praise for the Thai runner who can't pass litter without picking it up!

NjpUs24nCQKx5e1Ba2Ys3RNqMPwIwTVYuHywMuGUYjY.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

ANG THONG: -- Thai reporters went to Ang Thong province where they found an unusual Thai.

This 46 year old man is a runner who can't pass by litter without stooping to pick it up, reported Thai Rath.

And he claims that tidying up the road actually makes him feel good.

Thai Rath went to the central Thai province after receiving word that Manop Sornto, 46, was setting a good example.

They found him on his morning run yesterday on the Klong Lam Ta Daeng to Suan Nam road.

And the reports were true - every time he saw some trash he momentarily halted his jog to scoop up the litter then deposit it in the nearest bin.

"I run every day," said the keep fit fanatic from Saladaeng sub-district. "I always stop to pick up the rubbish, I just can't bear to see it on the road.

"Doing this makes me feel good," he added.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-01

I applaud him as well but . . . 

I would hesitate to call him a runner since he would be stooping to pick up trash every meter or two.  It's hard to "run" if you also are focused on picking up trash that carpets the sides of streets and walkways as far as the eye can see!

I take my hat off to him as it is nice to see someone here with some environmental awareness. At the same time, he would probably record the slowest 100 metres in history, if he did his runs around some parts of Pattaya.

thailand would be a much nicer place-if there were more people around like him...i pick up rubbish every morning when i go for a walk,,,,the strange looks i get from the local people--are unreal....they should implement a fine system for rubbish xdroppers....

2 hours ago, murraynz said:

thailand would be a much nicer place-if there were more people around like him...i pick up rubbish every morning when i go for a walk,,,,the strange looks i get from the local people--are unreal....they should implement a fine system for rubbish xdroppers....

there is a fine system but it is only applied to foreigners dropping their cigarette butts because there is no where to put them.