Travelling with ED visa

I recently got an ED visa, but now  I have to travel to my country for 4-6 weeks. But someone at my school told me about a new rule from immigration, that I can only travel for 2-3 weeks out of Thailand if I have ED visa, if I stay out longer they might have the visa expired and I can only come back on tourist visa..Anyone knows if this is true? 

Do you have a multiple entry non-ed visa from an embassy or consulate? Or do you have a extension of stay based upon attending a school you applied for at immigration and a re-entry permit?

If on an extension of stay there are requirements for attendance  in order to get it. On entry using a re-entry permit after a long absence immigration could make a problem or deny entry.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SalsaDaGema said:

I have an single entry non-immigrant ED visa from Penang Embassy, but a bit worried for travelling outside of the country now. 

You would need a re-entry permit if you want to travel during the 90 day entry form the non-ed visa to keep the remainder of it valid when you enter the country. Immigration probably would not make a problem when entering the country with a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would need a re-entry permit if you want to travel during the 90 day entry form the non-ed visa to keep the remainder of it valid when you enter the country. Immigration probably would not make a problem when entering the country with a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry.

Thank you , that definately sounds more logical then what they tried to explain at the school (which was that with the changed rule from May 2017, ED-visa only allowed max 3wk travel.) 

Hopefully this is false, if not, I'll make sure to share 

2 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Please just some advise when using and looking for subject matter where does one type this in and always find problems to see where the search button is.
Cheers and lol

Personally, when searching TV, I always use Google. In the Google search box, use

site:thaivisa.com <desired search term>

• Like 1