Ms Grand Thailand 2017 of Uthai Thani dies in road accident in Prachuab Khiri Khan

Ms Grand Thailand 2017 of Uthai Thani dies in road accident in Prachuab Khiri Khan

IMG_1775.jpg

The beauty queen of Uthai Thani province this year was fatally injured when a car in which she was travelling with a friend ploughed into a shallow roadside ditch and crashed into a tree in Prachuab Khiri Khan’s Tap Sakae district on Thursday.

The dead victim was identified as Ms Rattana Ramchatu, the Miss Grand Thailand 2017.

Tap Sakae district police said that the accident took place on the Petkasem in-bound highway in front of Tap Sakae electricity office. The Toyota Vios car in which Ms Rattana was travelling with her friend, Ms Paveena Aimkosa, at the steering wheel, who was also injured.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ms-grand-thailand-2017-uthai-thani-dies-road-accident-prachuab-khiri-khan/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-6-1

Thailand reported a higher road death rate than any other country apart from war-ravaged Libya in a report published last year (2015) by the World Health Organization (WHO).

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-traffic-idUSKBN0UJ10I20160105

Thailand experiences as many road deaths than other countries realize from wars. After three years in control of the nation, the Thai military seems to fail one of its primary missions - ensuring national security.

13 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Thailand reported a higher road death rate than any other country apart from war-ravaged Libya in a report published last year (2015) by the World Health Organization (WHO).

Thailand experiences as many road deaths than other countries realize from wars. After three years in control of the nation, the Thai military seems to fail one of its primary missions - ensuring national security.

only one?

21 minutes ago, kannot said:

Note in the Thai Visa News video Ms pretty face is not wearing a seat belt..........die and learn

Kind of a heartless thing to say about someone who was just killed in a traffic accident that she did not cause. How exactly do you learn anything when the event being discussed kills you? Rest In Peace.

29 minutes ago, kannot said:

Note in the Thai Visa News video Ms pretty face is not wearing a seat belt..........die and learn

You heartless sod,  your avatar shows love Jesus, and you come out with a comment like that.

Kind of a heartless thing to say about someone who was just killed in a traffic accident that she did not cause. How exactly do you learn anything when the event being discussed kills you? Rest In Peace.

Do we not learn by others mistakes? Only a fool doesn't wear a seatbelt. Princess Diana would still be with us if she had been wearing one.

Sent from my i-mobile_i-STYLE_219 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2017-6-2 at 11:17 AM, Srikcir said:

I know you love bashing the junta but that is really stretching it.. calling road deaths national security. But yes the junta is failing at it.. just like any previous government. But at least they made good changes.. can't say the same about previous governments.

We got rules for those minibuses now getting GPS in them and its working for many already. They were going to enforce rules about pickups too but the public preferred not to obey them and die. National outcry even here on Thaivisa that it was a tax on the poor. So they listened and did not enforce it. Seems the public likes it the way it is, because that rule would save a lot of people. In Thailand its quite simple.. easy comes before safety. We will just have to live with it. 

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I do not think that you are being heartless.I have said the same thing over and over again to my Thai family.

"Click,click or die" is the way I phrase it.When I am not about they choose to ignore it.It is on them now and not me.

Farewell,young lady.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

I know you love bashing the junta but that is really stretching it.. calling road deaths national security. But yes the junta is failing at it.. just like any previous government. But at least they made good changes.. can't say the same about previous governments.

We got rules for those minibuses now getting GPS in them and its working for many already. They were going to enforce rules about pickups too but the public preferred not to obey them and die. National outcry even here on Thaivisa that it was a tax on the poor. So they listened and did not enforce it. Seems the public likes it the way it is, because that rule would save a lot of people. In Thailand its quite simple.. easy comes before safety. We will just have to live with it. 

+1.  Problems that took decades of corrupt leadership piled on top of centuries of a feudal culture won't be solved in my lifetime, no matter who's at the helm.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

You heartless sod,  your avatar shows love Jesus, and you come out with a comment like that.

:coffee1: Thats what Thailand does to you with time...........seatbelt on most  likely  NOT DEAD................keep jesus outaa this.....another fantasy, unlike wearing a seatbelt

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I do not think that you are being heartless.I have said the same thing over and over again to my Thai family.

"Click,click or die" is the way I phrase it.When I am not about they choose to ignore it.It is on them now and not me.

Farewell,young lady.

Stopped at a gas  station once, sat and counted in 20 cars............NONE wore  seatbelts, pretty incredible I thought.

10 minutes ago, kannot said:

Stopped at a gas  station once, sat and counted in 20 cars............NONE wore  seatbelts, pretty incredible I thought.

Yes.I do not understand this phenomenon.

Yet my 75 year old MIL from the rice paddies of Woop Woop now wears the yellow helmet that I purchased for her and automatically clicks on her seat belt when she gets in the car.Neither she nor I have been able to influence anybody else to take any form of self responsibility in respect to road safety on a personal level at all.

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Yet my 75 year old MIL from the rice paddies of Woop Woop now wears the yellow helmet that I purchased for her and automatically clicks on her seat belt when she gets in the car.Neither she nor I have been able to influence anybody else to take any form of self responsibility in respect to road safety on a personal level at all.

Its the "it  wont happen to me "syndrome probably combined with religious  mumbo jumbo of "rebirth"

34 minutes ago, kannot said:

:coffee1: Thats what Thailand does to you with time...........seatbelt on most  likely  NOT DEAD................keep jesus outaa this.....another fantasy,

unlike wearing a seatbelt

Say what you like, your comment was disgusting.

No way can you justify it.

18 minutes ago, kannot said:

Its the "it  wont happen to me "syndrome probably combined with religious  mumbo jumbo of "rebirth"

Perhaps-but my MIL is one of those ultra religious old grannies that generally sustain the local village temples around here.

For some reason-I really do not know why-she appears to still be able to perform a rational risk assessment and assess the odds.

So I guess that we have to fall back on the "It won't happen to me.." line of right brained thinking which does not require any form of logical thought processing at all.

Edited by Odysseus123
clarity.

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Say what you like, your comment was disgusting.

No way can you justify it.

shes  dead and  most  likely wouldnt have been if she was wearing a  seatbelt.............for me that's all the justification needed.......... of course she could have survived and been horribly disfigured facially.......which im sure  would have made her really have thought about that seatbelt  then.

Edited by kannot

23 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

I suspect it's the superstitious refusal to acknowledge that bad things can happen. By buckling up they are acknowledging the possibility of an accident, and that in itself probably makes them uncomfortable.

That plus the macho thing for the men. I once buckled up in a taxi in Columbia and the driver gave me such a dirty look I thought he was going to thump me.

12 minutes ago, ddavidovsky said:

I suspect it's the superstitious refusal to acknowledge that bad things can happen. By buckling up they are acknowledging the possibility of an accident, and that in itself probably makes them uncomfortable.

That plus the macho thing for the men. I once buckled up in a taxi in Columbia and the driver gave me such a dirty look I thought he was going to thump me.

Ah yes-I see where you are coming from.Two very good points which I never even considered.By performing a risk assessment you are acknowledging the presence of risk.

By buckling up you are questioning their driving skills and therefore causing them to lose face.

Thank you, a couple of riddles satisfactorily answered on the eve of my departure from Thailand.

Edited by Odysseus123