Police rush to London Bridge after reports of van hitting pedestrians

rooster59

5 minutes ago, Flustered said:

In Singapore, the speakers for broadcasting the Islamic call to prayer are turned inwards to broadcast towards the interior of the mosques as part of a noise abatement campaign in 1974.

If only the same could be applied to my wife and her sisters when they get together.

Hmmm. The year I stayed in the hotel with the noisy mosque was 1992.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Was that in the UK?

If so, where?

In order to broadcast the call to prayer in the UK, mosques need to obtain the permission of their local council, and one of the conditions of obtaining that is that they do not break noise pollution levels. Most mosques which do broadcast it do not do so at unsociable hours, and it can only be heard inside the mosque itself.

From THATSFAKE Birmingham Mosque sounding Call of Prayer 5 times a day?

The problem being that many of the rabid Islamaphobic sites picked up that story and published it as true; despite the source of the original story, BFNN, having the following disclaimer on the bottom of each page

In percentage terms, Singapore has about 5 times the Muslim population of the UK. But it depends on where your hotel was. As it had a mosque next to it, I guess it was in a Muslim area.

My brother lived in Singapore for nearly 20 years, and when staying with him I never heard it once.

The UK has about 3M Muslims with 2,000 mosques. I would like to see that substantially reduced unless there is complete integration, including understanding written English including idioms. I don't want to have to explain every damn thing I write in my own language to other "British" people.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:
5 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

The BBC covering up hate crimes by Muslims

Disgusting bias media.

Of course they do. They have lost all, IMO, credibility as a neutral organization.

If  you both, and the person who prepared that video on YouTube, are correct, then explain this from the report of the attack on the BBC website  Wanstead attack: Nursery worker stabbed

Ms Stevens, who runs Little Diamonds nursery in Hermon Hill, said the woman told her that she was attacked while on her way to work from Wanstead High Street.

The attackers slashed her arm from the wrist upwards before running off down the street, she said, and shouted out "something to do with Allah and the Koran".

From memory, the report of the attack on the BBC London news said similar.

If anyone has doctored that video, I reckon it's the guy who posted it on YouTube!

28 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

In order to broadcast the call to prayer in the UK, mosques need to obtain the permission of their local council, and one of the conditions of obtaining that is that they do not break noise pollution levels. Most mosques which do broadcast it do not do so at unsociable hours, and it can only be heard inside the mosque itself.

From THATSFAKE Birmingham Mosque sounding Call of Prayer 5 times a day?

Summary: A mosque in Birmingham will begin broadcasting the Muslim Call to Prayer 5 times a day, starting at 5am every day, and can be heard over 15 miles away.

Originated from: BFNN.co.uk
Date(s) active: May 2015

red-light.png
FALSE.

I live 8 miles from the city centre and do not hear them...

8 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://m.dx.com/p/7-chic-chefs-horizontal-ceramic-knife-purple-18-7-blade-112950?stiff=588

These are still available; astonishing

Should be illegal as they can not be detected.

Maybe they're used for ritual slaughter? 

Ceramic knives are used by many professional chefs, and also at home, as it is claimed they keep their edge longer than steel ones. Though some dispute their usefulness as cheaper ones can splinter and even the best are difficult to sharpen: Ceramic knives; why we don't sell them.

Whether they are used in Halal or Schecita slaughter, I don't know.

2 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Ceramic knives are used by many professional chefs, and also at home, as it is claimed they keep their edge longer than steel ones. Though some dispute their usefulness as cheaper ones can splinter and even the best are difficult to sharpen: Ceramic knives; why we don't sell them.

Whether they are used in Halal or Schecita slaughter, I don't know.

You are so blinded by Islam that you miss the point

We have all this security everywhere, mainly because of the Muslim threat.

Ceramic knives can not be detected. 

Ban them. IMMEDIATELY. ALL OF THEM.

Just an update from this mornings news...

London attack: Men 'planned to use 7.5 tonne lorry'

The London Bridge attackers tried to hire a seven-and-a-half tonne lorry to carry out their attack, police say.

But the three men failed to provide payment details and the vehicle was not picked up, prompting them to use a smaller van from a DIY store instead.

The men drove into pedestrians on the bridge before stabbing people in Borough Market seven days ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40228756

Yes, B&Q hire out vans by the hour, but I thought they were for the use of customers to take away heavy loads from the store, I think they may have sent staff a memo to be more careful in future who to rent too...

Also from the time line...

22.07 - The van crashes into railings on the south side of the bridge, near the Barrowboy and Banker pub. The three men, armed with knives, run into Borough Market and stab numerous people, including two police officers.

22:08 - Police receive the first call about the incident.

22:16 - All three attackers are shot dead by eight firearms officers who discharged an unprecedented 46 rounds.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-06-10/london-bridge-attacks-how-events-unfolded/

So definitely only 8 mins from the first call to the 46th bullet...

So probably first casualty would have been no earlier than 22:06 

Also re the Manchester incident I heard during the week that the family of the bomber were having problems finding a willing undertaker.  :clap2:

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Knife crime is a major problem in the UK, especially London, and yes, the London Bridge/Borough Market attackers did use ceramic knives, Appeal for information on knives used in London Bridge terrorist attack.

But if ceramic knives were banned do you really believe this horrendous incident would not have happened?

Do you really believe they would not have used steel ones instead?

Whether the criminals are rival gangs in a turf war, muggers or Islamic terrorists, banning ceramic knives will have absolutely no effect; unless metal detectors manned 24/7 by police officers are installed every few yards on the UK's streets!

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I had heard that certain countries may insist on Ceramic knives having metal embedded in them to make them detectable, not just for security but in the food industry it is common to scan food for metal for safety reasons. 

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

If  you both, and the person who prepared that video on YouTube, are correct, then explain this from the report of the attack on the BBC website  Wanstead attack: Nursery worker stabbed

From memory, the report of the attack on the BBC London news said similar.

If anyone has doctored that video, I reckon it's the guy who posted it on YouTube!

Did you watch the video? The fact that is was in the written story is covered.

The point is the aired witness statement was edited to omit the fact, and that if it had been an attack against a Muslim, it would be a much bigger story with a HATE CRIME headline.

That is the bias of their reporting.

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

Knife crime is a major problem in the UK, especially London, and yes, the London Bridge/Borough Market attackers did use ceramic knives, Appeal for information on knives used in London Bridge terrorist attack.

But if ceramic knives were banned do you really believe this horrendous incident would not have happened?

Do you really believe they would not have used steel ones instead?

Whether the criminals are rival gangs in a turf war, muggers or Islamic terrorists, banning ceramic knives will have absolutely no effect; unless metal detectors manned 24/7 by police officers are installed every few yards on the UK's streets!

You still don't get it do you?

Do you not get out much?

Metal detectors are quite ubiquitous now.

I am still puzzled as to why you are so defensive all the time! You can't be Muslim otherwise you would have had the courage to stand up and tell us! You don't have to; it's your choice.

So what's the deal?

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Yes, B&Q hire out vans by the hour, but I thought they were for the use of customers to take away heavy loads from the store, I think they may have sent staff a memo to be more careful in future who to rent too...

Don't just do it, B&Q it.

23 minutes ago, PattayaJames said:

Did you watch the video? The fact that is was in the written story is covered.

The point is the aired witness statement was edited to omit the fact, and that if it had been an attack against a Muslim, it would be a much bigger story with a HATE CRIME headline.

That is the bias of their reporting.

The written story covered it; so did the TV reports on BBC London.

But you probably don't get that in Pattaya!

The BBC, like most responsible media, base their reporting of crime on the information given by the police. Like all responsible media they do not jump to conclusions. When the police announced on Thursday that they are treating the attack on the woman in Wanstead as a hate crime the BBC, like all other responsible media, reporting it as such.

Wanstead knife attack on woman 'suspected hate crime'

An attack on a nursery school worker who was kicked and suffered a cut to the hand with a knife is being treated as a hate crime, say police.

Of course, it is not just attacks against Muslims which are reported as hate crimes; one example, from the BBC yesterday: Arson attacks at Prestwich restaurants treated as 'hate crimes'

Hate crime, of any sort, is reported and taken seriously in the UK. Hate Crime, England and Wales, 2015/16

The number of hate crime offences in 2015/16 for the five centrally monitored strands were as follows:

• 49,419 (79%) were race hate crimes;
  • 7,194 (12%) were sexual orientation hate crimes; 
  • 4,400 (7%) were religious hate crimes; 
  • 3,629 (6%) were disability hate crimes; and 
  • 858 (1%) were transgender hate crimes.

It is possible for a hate crime offence to have more than one motivating factor which is why the above numbers sum to more than 62,518 and 100 per cent.

36 minutes ago, Grouse said:

You still don't get it do you?

Do you not get out much?

Metal detectors are quite ubiquitous now.

I am still puzzled as to why you are so defensive all the time! You can't be Muslim otherwise you would have had the courage to stand up and tell us! You don't have to; it's your choice.

So what's the deal?

Until i changed jobs last February I entered various DWP and HMRC offices every day; sometimes via the staff entrance, sometimes via the public one. Did I, or anyone else entering the building, ever pass through a metal detector check? No

The last time I passed through a metal detector in the UK was last September when passing through security to go airside at LHR terminal 5.

I assure you that I do get out; a lot; every day, for work and leisure. I use public transport, trains and buses, every day; I travel to London often, arriving at Waterloo and then using the Tube. How often do I pass through a metal detector check? Never.

Obviously, were I to wish to enter certain secure buildings then I would be subject to a security check, including a metal detector; as was the case when I renewed my passport at the HMPO in Victoria last August.

For you to say that "Metal detectors are quite ubiquitous now" only shows your ignorance of day to day life in the UK!

It is, unfortunate, though that the knife culture and rising knife crime amongst Britain's young, Muslim and non Muslim, means that some schools have introduced such checks: London schools urged to install metal detectors to help stop knife crime , as well as the police increasing stop and search checks.

Defensive? No. Merely countering the arguments you put up.

My deal? An attempt to be a voice of reason against the flow of Islamaphobic hate so prevalent on this site; attempting to show that the vast majority of Muslims, in the UK and worldwide, are our allies in the fight against Islamic terrorism, not our enemies. 

Attempting to be the voice of reason when you threaten vigilante retribution against Muslims when you are next in the UK!

57 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

Seemed quite effective last weekend.  Ask the girls that had their throats slashed for an in depth review and add them to Trustpilot.

As steel knives would have been.

I asked grouse if he serioulsy thought banning ceramic knives would have prevented this horrific attack and the deaths of innocents.

He has declined to answer; will you?

1 hour ago, Here It Is said:
2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Don't just do it, B&Q it.

_96428054_terror29-17vanpic1.jpg.e4334a297fd095ad40e8bb07a1c0464d.jpg

5 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

Let's hope B&Q are on the case now.  Not easy for them to vet every customer.

But I would have thought hiring out their vans would have been for the use of customer to ship large loads home, what did they buy in store? two blow touches???

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

But I would have thought hiring out their vans would have been for the use of customer to ship large loads home, what did they buy in store? two blow touches???

The back of the van was full of bags of sand, the media seems to think it was to give the van more impetus, I was wondering whether it was put in the back of the van when they rented it, as a reason to rent it?

7 minutes ago, Basil B said:

This is obviously an unprecedented situation for B&Q.  They were certainly not expecting Mohammed, Abdul, Ahmed and friends to run over half a dozen people then go on a rampage with ceramic knives.

I'm sure their internal policies will be looked into.  B&Q are quite blameless in this regard.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

The back of the van was full of bags of sand, the media seems to think it was to give the van more impetus, I was wondering whether it was put in the back of the van when they rented it, as a reason to rent it?

Probably both, vogie. 

"In June 2013, Dame Stella Rimington, former head of the MI5, estimated that it would take around 50,000 full-time MI5 agents to monitor 2,000 extremists or potential terrorists 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That amounts to more than 10 times the number of people employed by MI5." THAT is a problem that can only be solved by rewriting immigration law and abandoning political correctness forever."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22718000

5 hours ago, stander said:

"In June 2013, Dame Stella Rimington, former head of the MI5, estimated that it would take around 50,000 full-time MI5 agents to monitor 2,000 extremists or potential terrorists 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That amounts to more than 10 times the number of people employed by MI5." THAT is a problem that can only be solved by rewriting immigration law and abandoning political correctness forever."

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-22718000

Wouldn't that be a nice budget addition , eh? On the flip side, since it is obviously unrealistic, also serves as a backside cover story to any failure.

I don't think there is a single security service dealing with such threats employing people on similar ratios. Mass monitoring and surveillance do not normally require hands human presence on each and every target 24/7. 

Over 65,000?

Most press reports put attendance at around 1000: Mancunians fight against hate as EDL march through Manchester city centre

About 1,000 supporters of the right-wing group, including the EDL’s former leader Tommy Robinson, converged on Manchester city centre in what they billed as a march against ‘the establishment’s tolerance of hateful ideology’.

Even Yaxely admits to only 5,000!

What an unbelievable turn out today - there must have been over 5,000 patriots who had decided enough was enough.... http://fb.me/8y87yNvbC 

Archived