Working with Krungsri Bank Passbook only account without a personal visit?

jpinx

Is there any protocol for withdrawing cash from a Krungsri Mee Tae Dai passbook-only account without having to go there myself?  I have people I trust who can go for me, complete with the passbook and a letter of authority or whatever is needed, but does anyone have actual experience of this? 

5 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

Mee Tae Dai Savings | Bank of Ayudhya - ธนาคารกรุงศรีอยุธยา

Mee Tae Dai savings account offers high interest rates, easy cash withdrawal and transfer, ATM and online services.

Obviously I have read the whole website English version, but nothing in there was directly addressing my inability to attend the bank personally.

1 hour ago, jpinx said:

Obviously I have read the whole website English version, but nothing in there was directly addressing my inability to attend the bank personally.

Simplest way is to have an ATM card issued.

Any other procedure would hopefully involve a lot of checking and paperwork, and rightly so. I would not want anyone who found/stole my passbook to be able to withdraw money easily.

20 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Are you set up for Internet banking? If so, just transfer the cash to the trusted individual's account, and he/she can then withdraw it as cash.

No - I don't have internet banking on this but it would be the easiest way.  Does an account holder have to personally visit the branch to get internet banking set up? 

10 hours ago, Oxx said:

Mee tae dai doesn't come with an ATM card.

Mine does.

It also says here that you can use one with it:

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/PersonalBanking/DepositProducts/SavingsDeposit/MeeTaeDaiSavings.html

And even if you cant get one with it, you can always just open a regular savings account with an ATM card and use online banking to transfer amounts from one to the other from time to time as needed. (That would also increase security in case your trusted person turns out to be less than trustworthy.)

Edited by KittenKong