DPM Wissanu unperturbed by criticism

webfact

DPM Wissanu unperturbed by criticism

PNPOL600604001000501.jpg

BANGKOK, 5th June 2017 (NNT) - Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam said yesterday he is not worried about the criticism of Thai politicians, saying it is common for any governments to be verbally attacked by their dissenters. 

DPM Wissanu said the prime minister and cabinet ministers are not upset or disturbed by any criticism coming from politicians, noting that the government wouldn't let it interrupt its work and would never strike back. 

Politicians have been expressing strong disapproval of the government and the National Council for Peace and Order’s 3-year performance and the four questions raised by the premier last week. The four questions have since raised a lot of eyebrows and speculation. 

When asked about the draft press freedom and media ethics law, Wissanu said the reform assembly has yet to hand over the revised draft but expects the assembly to do so soon. Once he has the bill, he said he would invite members of the press to an opinion gathering session.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-05

2 hours ago, webfact said:

not worried about the criticism of Thai politicians, saying it is common for any governments to be verbally attacked

You know, Mr. Wissanu, though the early meaning of "criticism" did indeed include "verbal attack", its meaning by now has evolved to "activity of making careful judgments about good and bad qualities". Maybe once you have achieved Thai v.4.0 you will understand...

Every morning that I wake up and don't read stories about innocent children being killed by thugs with guns and bombs, or soldiers attempting to detain those thugs being shot and killed, is a good day. Any day that I don't have to look at video of "honest politicians" cheering those deaths is a good day. Some people don't know the meaning of compromise, which is a key component of democracy.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

DPM Wissanu said the prime minister and cabinet ministers are not upset or disturbed by any criticism coming from politicians

So criticism coming from politicians is allowed while critical journalist may "face" banana peels defamation suits, and firing squad?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

it is common for any governments to be verbally attacked by their dissenters. 

In democracies it is also common for existing governments that ignore dissent to potentially be voted out of office. Not so with authoritarian, oligarchy and communist regimes. Please spare us the "any" label.

5 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Every morning that I wake up and don't read stories about innocent children being killed by thugs with guns and bombs, or soldiers attempting to detain those thugs being shot and killed, is a good day. Any day that I don't have to look at video of "honest politicians" cheering those deaths is a good day. Some people don't know the meaning of compromise, which is a key component of democracy.

"Some people don't know the meaning of compromise, which is a key component of democracy. ".... Prayuth knows the meaning of compromise and democracy?  15 years in jail for expressing an opinion or pressing 'like'. 

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

"Some people don't know the meaning of compromise, which is a key component of democracy. ".... Prayuth knows the meaning of compromise and democracy?  15 years in jail for expressing an opinion or pressing 'like'. 

Choices and opinions, you are entitled to your choice to support an egotistical billionaire who believes that he and his family can do whatever they want, including hiring his own private mercenary army. I happen to believe that innocent children should have the opportunity to grow up and have a decent chance at a life. That they shouldn't be blasted with grenades and strafed with automatic weapons. That going to the market with grandma shouldn't be a life or death experience. I have no problem living with my beliefs, I hope you can live with yours.

Edited by ramrod711
spelling error

7 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

How about mornings when you wake up and don't read stories about:

-  Senior citizens being shot dead by thugs with guns hidden in popcorn bags

- Dead bodies being dredged up from canals surrounding PDRC protest sites

- Innocent citizens being assaulted in the streets for trying to cast their vote

- Police officers getting their legs blown off with grenades

- etc. etc.

Are these good days too?

The fact is had the Yellows (PDRC, PCAD, Democrats, Military, Elites and that mad monk) accepted the will of the people expressed via the ballot box nobody would have died.

You should lay the blame at the feet of those who created the environment for violence to flourish.

You are correct, some people do not know the meaning of compromise - I would suggest those people are the mob currently in power, their backers and you.

1 hour ago, ramrod711 said:

Choices and opinions, you are entitled to your choice to support an egotistical billionaire who believes that he and his family can do whatever they want, including hiring his own private mercenary army. I happen to believe that innocent children should have the opportunity to grow up and have a decent chance at a life. That they shouldn't be blasted with grenades and strafed with automatic weapons. That going to the market with grandma shouldn't be a life or death experience. I have no problem living with my beliefs, I hope you can live with yours.

The Thai people are currently not entitled to make their choice.

In case you are unaware, there is no democracy here at the moment.

Answer one simple question - Had Suthep not taken to the streets with his own mercenary army, had Abhisit not cowardly boycotted the election and had the military done their job and ensured that the elections went ahead peacefully (yes that's right, this being Thailand, it is the military's job to ensure internal peace) - do you think those kids would be dead now?

You have no problem living with your beliefs because you remain wilfully ignorant of facts choosing instead to wallow in bigotry, prejudice, hatred and self loathing.

22 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

Why do all junta supporters think non-junta supporters are, by default, Thaksin fans?   Are you aware that it is actually possible to regard both with equal disdain? Is that too difficult to get your head around?