Sriracha Sauce finally in Thailand!

Nampa89

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Here in the U.S., I use Valentina hot sauce, imported from Guadalajara, Mexico.  70 Baht a liter. 

Shouldn't this be posted in the Mexican Hot Sauce thread on the U.S. Forum??

14 minutes ago, junglechef said:

Shouldn't this be posted in the Mexican Hot Sauce thread on the U.S. Forum??

I guess the Vietnamese guy who makes hot sauce in California is finding it harder to compete, so he has to export Sri Racha sauce to Thailand. At least they should use Thai peppers, not Jalapenos.

I like to make "chunky style" hot sauce.  Buy a liter of any old sour hot sauce.  Pour some out and replace with about 4 heaping tablespoons of toasted and coarsely pounded Thai hot pepper.  My Thai brother-in-law doesn't need sauce.  He just puts a heaping tablespoon of the ground pepper and some sugar in a bowl of noodles and calls it good. 

Years ago, my lunch out in the boonies in Loei was some sticky rice, a hot pepper or two, salt and whatever veggies or weeds or ferns they could collect.  Being a vegetarian, the farmers appreciated that I didn't eat their chickens or whatever. Cheap date.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, junglechef said:

CAUTION:

Not sure what's with this video, I got a notification that it contained a Trojan Horse

I'm not enough of a techie to really know what's what 

Worked OK for me using Chrome although it does redirect to an ad page when you first click on it.   

Edited by ricklev

• 2 weeks later...

This is a message to anyone who has actually TRIED this sauce, rather than just hyped about it.

We tired it today.  Small bottle.  Fascinating!!

We could NOT get the wash rag / sponge clean after cleaning sauce residue.  Then I read the ingredients.....

Seems red die is still allowed in food in the US of A.

Missed one thing - the taste.  It tastes nothing like the ready stuff from Eastern Thailand. 

It reminds me a lot of the other American sauce - Frank's with even more extra vinegar added.

My wife wanted to know when I bought it - she said it tasted spoiled.