Phuket police investigating horrific road death of 26-year-old biker

snoop1130

Phuket police investigating horrific road death of 26-year-old biker

Kritsada Mueanhawong

1_201767145558312_WyiDtRtzSHFRdaqAsnMsXKGueJCidirAgZDarwZK_jpeg.jpeg

PHUKET:-- A bike rider was killed after he hit a car, flew off his bike and had his head crushed by an 8-wheeled truck in Phuket yesterday.

“The accident occurred at about 2:30pm on Chao Fa West road near a shop named ‘Prompan’. It was raining heavily at the time. At the scene, we found the body of Jeerawat Chitchua, 26, lying under the truck,” said Capt Ekkarat Chatpai of Wichit Police.

“He was lying face down and his broken helmet lay nearby. His face was covered in blood,” he added.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Phuket-police-investigating-horrific-road-death-26yearold/66669?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-6-7

5 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Best helmet you can buy may not help if you get run over by an 18 wheeler.

Very sad, but you have to wonder who was to blame.  Truck driver, or bike rider? 

I am gonna go with bike rider.

News flash. A truck will smash your head like a watermelon when it runs over it, helmet or no helmet.

RIP.

I saw a video of a bicyclist in Thailand who bumped a scooter, fell and landed under a truck. Less than 2 seconds from "normal" to "crushed to death". Sh*t happens really fast.

Edited by NCC1701A

RIP. I have a good helmet and I bought my son the most expensive one we could find, but NCC1701A is correct. They will all crush like an egg if enough weight is applied.

I love living here, but the roads really scare the crap out of me.

Edited by darksidedog