No more Tm 30's?

The last 2 years extensions at Samut Prakan have involved filling out tm 30 forms along with mrs ID copy and passport copies before they would start to do the extension. This year I went with the forms already filled in and no mention of doing it at all this time. Has this been discontinued, or is it if and when they feel like getting you to do it? Very slick service yesterday, extension and re entry in 45 minutes, but no tm 30. :smile:

Well I'm not really sure but I thought one would only be required to do it on every entry to Thailand as they state it must be done within 24 hrs after arrival or any other place that you reside at ie: Hotels whilst holidaying from your first report address 

Not sure why you would have to do all the time as you are already in Thailand but on another point wife was told to keep TM 30 receipt for when i had to apply for the 60 day marriage ext

Just guesses, as rules have changed within offices on this, but, based on reports, that could depend on whether you been out of the country, if you stayed in a hotel outside your province, and they reported you into the TM-30 system, and also the "time of absence" from your primary-residence.  Bottom line, just report as they recommend at your local office. 

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They seem to doing it the correct way. A TM30 form should not be needed unless you change your permanent residence.

The rules state it is on arrival at the residence within 24 hours not the country.

A hotel reporting you does not change your permanent residence address so there is no need to the TM30 report after traveling within the country.

Could you please use your contacts in the Immigration department so that I do not have to make a TM30 every time I stay overnight in Chiang Mai when I travel from Phayao?  Phayao insist submit a TM30 is required every time. My passport is filling up with TM30  receipts.

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Could you please use your contacts in the Immigration department so that I do not have to make a TM30 every time I stay overnight in Chiang Mai when I travel from Phayao?  Phayao insist submit a TM30 is required every time. My passport is filling up with TM30  receipts.

That should be a TM 28, TM 30 is just if you leave and reenter Thailand.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I was not aware Phayao had an immigration office. The info I have is that you report to Chiang Rai immigration.

How do they know when you visit Chiang Mai. Most offices do not go digging into the database where reports from hotels and etc are stored to find out if you stayed in a hotel.

My office certainly does not bother to do it. 

TM 30 is when you come back to your residency , no matter where you went and  you have stayed in a hotel , resort or guesthouse.

These places  have to make a tm 30 report and when you come back to your residency you just go immigration for an update on your already existing slip in your passport.

Good luck..

12 hours ago, JackThompson said:

and also the "time of absence" from your primary-residence.

time for confusion: i am away from my primary residence for 3 months, staying in a guesthouse, while bird-dogging the completion of my  house; is this a problem with 'time of absence' ?

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I was not aware Phayao had an immigration office. The info I have is that you report to Chiang Rai immigration.

How do they know when you visit Chiang Mai. Most offices do not go digging into the database where reports from hotels and etc are stored to find out if you stayed in a hotel.

My office certainly does not bother to do it. 

The Phayao office opened about October last year. The first time I did 90 day report they did search their data base. From then on I was told to submit a TM30 every time I stay away from my place of residence.

3 hours ago, ripstanley said:

The Phayao office opened about October last year. The first time I did 90 day report they did search their data base. From then on I was told to submit a TM30 every time I stay away from my place of residence.

I found where is was mentioned in a topic in February. Is this info still correct.

There is a new immigration office opened at Phayao, where the police station used to be, at the end of the High Street.  Said to b only temporary until a new office is built at Mae Chai.

If possible it would be good if you could post the GPS address for it. That way we could add it to our map of immigration offices.

They are being very pedant if they searched for a TM30 report but that might of been because it was your first trip to that office. You don't have to keep all the receipts in your passport. You only need the most recent one.

Most offices only want one if you change your permanent address and others is if you leave and re-enter the country.

8 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

time for confusion: i am away from my primary residence for 3 months, staying in a guesthouse, while bird-dogging the completion of my  house; is this a problem with 'time of absence' ?

Is it in the same province?  If not, it depends on your local immigration's unique enforcement rules.  

By law, the guesthouse should have reported you.  If your immigration office is enforcing the TM-30, when you move back into your primary residence, either you or your landlord should report your return.

10 hours ago, worgeordie said:

That should be a TM 28, TM 30 is just if you leave and reenter Thailand.

If you see the info-pamphlet  they give out in Jomtien, they have cut and pasted both the tm-28 and tm-30 rules together, and are enforcing them as "one thing" using the tm-30 form.  Maybe other offices are using a similar fusion, since the TM-28 law's wording puts the onus on the visitor vs the landlord.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I found where is was mentioned in a topic in February. Is this info still correct.

If possible it would be good if you could post the GPS address for it. That way we could add it to our map of immigration offices.

They are being very pendant if they searched for a TM30 report but that might of been because it was your first trip to that office. You don't have to keep all the receipts in your passport. You only need the most recent one.

Most offices only want one if you change your permanent address and others is if you leave and re-enter the country.

The office located in the old Police station  19.168623 and 99.903609.  

3 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

If your immigration office is enforcing the TM-30, when you move back into your primary residence, either you or your landlord should report your return.

ok, thanks for the response; follow-on question; i will be returning to my 'old residence' for a week or so, then coming back here to my new one as the house is finished; surely i dont have to report going back to my primary residence...new one, sure;

prompts yet another question: am in a guesthouse and have 'interview' with amphoe to get yellow book; seems they will want me to goto new local immigration first; imm will not accept guesthouse as perm residence; but the house is not yet livable; seems i am stuck; thoughts ?

Just now, YetAnother said:

ok, thanks for the response; follow-on question; i will be returning to my 'old residence' for a week or so, then coming back here to my new one as the house is finished; surely i dont have to report going back to my primary residence...new one, sure;

prompts yet another question: am in a guesthouse and have 'interview' with amphoe to get yellow book; seems they will want me to goto new local immigration first; imm will not accept guesthouse as perm residence; but the house is not yet livable; seems i am stuck; thoughts ?

Old residence served by which immigration office?  It is enforced differently everywhere.  If no one here has recent experience at the offices concerned, best to ask their preference when you move from the guesthouse. 

On the 2nd question - do you have any documentation connecting you to the new residence which you could use to support getting a residence-doc from immigration?  I am supposing you will do this first, then move back to your old perm-residence, where you would then (maybe) need a new TM-30 filed.  Then when you move to your new perm-residence, do a new TM-30 with them.  But, again, this depends on what either/both of those offices want.  In any case, the TM-30 is for reporting "a foreign-national is staying here tonight" - not to be confused with a residency-doc reflecting a more permanent location.

45 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Lived here 8 years both in condo in Pattaya and now in 'my' house in Phitsanulok. Been in & out of country many times, and travelled staying in hotels. Renewed my retirement extension four times. NEVER had a TM30 or 28 receipt, or ever been asked for one.

Its is depending on the city and their Immigration office if they follow the rule.

I am living here for 10 years and i needed to get a tm 30 slip last year.

Maybe in a few years it will be nation wide , maybe not.

I only answered the question with what they told me at immigration office in Chiang Mai.

Cheers

I go to Chiang Mai immigration each time I come back into the country, all they do is make a notation on my receipt of notification, I do this as my landlord was told to tell me to do it,  have 2 so far, when I go up country the place I stay doesnt care about me. Will see what happens when I move residence at the end of the year to another province.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They are being very pedant if they searched for a TM30 report but that might of been because it was your first trip to that office. You don't have to keep all the receipts in your passport. You only need the most recent one.

To be pedantic, a pendant is something you hang around your neck. Although I suppose in the case of a Phayao TM30 the word could qualify.

10 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

To be pedantic, a pendant is something you hang around your neck. Although I suppose in the case of a Phayao TM30 the word could qualify.

Just a typo or spell check correction error that has been fixed. You apparently knew what I meant.

I was told to keep the TM30 receipt in my passport and it would be acceptable for future extension dates (assuming I didn't move and submit another TM30).  When I asked if this was still the case if I left Thailand, I was told that providing I return to the same permanent address that it would be fine.

I have heard that some people have had their TM30 receipt removed as they left the country (or did it just fall out?) - so they will have had to resubmit a TM30 when they got back, and others who have temporarily removed it themselves before leaving - and simply re-attached it when they get back, and this has been acceptable at their next extension.

Not all immigration offices follow the same guidelines (rather than rules) so it pays to ask your own office what their policy is.

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Old residence served by which immigration office?  It is enforced differently everywhere.  If no one here has recent experience at the offices concerned, best to ask their preference when you move from the guesthouse. 

On the 2nd question - do you have any documentation connecting you to the new residence which you could use to support getting a residence-doc from immigration?  I am supposing you will do this first, then move back to your old perm-residence, where you would then (maybe) need a new TM-30 filed.  Then when you move to your new perm-residence, do a new TM-30 with them.  But, again, this depends on what either/both of those offices want.  In any case, the TM-30 is for reporting "a foreign-national is staying here tonight" - not to be confused with a residency-doc reflecting a more permanent location.

ok; thanks much; old province sukhothai (which just got it's first immigration office (in sukho city));

new location chiang saen, chiang rai; still a bit puzzled with the residency doc; would the yellow book serve this purpose ? appears i will still be in a bind on the change of address; was hoping the yellow book would help here a lot yet it appears i cannot get the yellow without letter from immigration (the new one) ; if i havent officially changed address to the new one, they wont give me that letter i bet;

circular scenario

5 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Lived here 8 years both in condo in Pattaya and now in 'my' house in Phitsanulok. Been in & out of country many times, and travelled staying in hotels. Renewed my retirement extension four times. NEVER had a TM30 or 28 receipt, or ever been asked for one.

Same same here. Been here 9 years and a new passport. Never been asked for a TM30 and have been out of the country a number of timrs

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

Ubonjoe is correct in what he has written. He did not say pendant. He said pedant.

"a person who is too interested in formal rules and small details that are not important"

15 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

All seems to be rather a shambles then and no wiser now than before, just forget it unless they ask again

As stated before go ask your local office what they require you will then be wiser than before. Listening and asking on here is pointless unless you specifically asked about your local office even then others will chip in about there office confusing matters.

Why the HELL can't Thai Immigration STANDARDIZE their requirements?? There is no reason why one office should require some useless form, while the office in the next province doesn't. Quoting them the "official rules" does no good. My office still requires the antiquated medical certificate when renewing an extension, and God help you if you don't have it.