Thaivisa attracts more younger users than ever before

webfact

13 minutes ago, fvw53 said:

It would also be interesting to know their nationality ...I know of lot of young Thai people speaking rather well English but they cannot write it without severe mistakes

Are you one of them ?  ...I know of lot of young Thai people speaking English rather well, but......:sorry: could not resist.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I suppose that I shall need to emphasise my "yooficity".
Nah down in de hood here in hip city (once known as Chiang Rai) we's now really grooving to the new beat of Thai Visa d'you know Brov!

Yes or no?

Its Friday, maybe a couple of beers tonight...

Well lets hope more of these younger members start visiting the Thaivisa Pub Forum, you used to get

a lot of interesting topics there. I am not saying us older members don't post interesting topics, but what I am saying is you used to

get a few topics each day on the Pub forum, but not any longer.

9 hours ago, Broken Record said:

Judging by the amount of moaning, whining and Thai Bashing on ThaiVisa, nothings changed, It's still the same old miserable lot as far as I can see, if anything it looks like less people are using the forum, many of  the old characters seem to have disappeared. 

If all the posts were positive, and there were no moaners, the posts would just be boring, I like to see both positive and negative posting, that's 

what makes it more interesting.

6 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

No they are still here using different user names. I posted not long ago that a new force was awakening on the forum, I myself have helped to enlist around 30 new members over the last 12 months all under 45 but not many post, some are as young as 21  and come here to have sex, some want an ice cream van, some want a 7,11 some even want lady boys......up to them I say, who cares?

and don't forget the booze, that right Steven100?:burp:

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I believe you Steven, all that booze and sex, and you still keep going.:partytime2:

Hey Possum,  I've had two bottles of beer already ....   you know I drink everytime and you just gotta believe me ...   really ... you gotta believe me ...:burp:    

Mr Cheeseman said that the notion that Thaivisa was “just for retired expatriates to troll each other” was a complete misconception these days.

"these days"? Does he mean that it wasn't a misconception in the past?

I guess we must move with the times and allow these youngsters to join in the trolling.

:biggrin:

10 hours ago, Broken Record said:

Judging by the amount of moaning, whining and Thai Bashing on ThaiVisa, nothings changed, It's still the same old miserable lot as far as I can see, if anything it looks like less people are using the forum, many of  the old characters seem to have disappeared. 

Old people die.

1 minute ago, bangkokairportlink said:

What I can confirm is that Thaivisa is posting more and more stupid things than before, and it's easy to check !

WoW, well give us your list of non stupid things to make you happy to work on.........:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Hey Possum,  I've had two bottles of beer already ....   you know I drink everytime and you just gotta believe me ...   really ... you gotta believe me ...:burp:    

Oh! I do, I do.

To thaivisa business wonks ... are you really so sure you want to only focus on the younger people and toss the oldies on the proverbial ice floes?:whistling:

IceFloe4Elderly.jpg.3ca0236c0a2d0d370ed9ce205ee63d86.jpg

Industries millennials have killed

Don't let their youth and inclusiveness fool you: Millennials are ruining industries daily. Keep clicking to see which businesses are suffering because of millennial spending habits. 

http://www.chron.com/national/article/Millennials-are-killing-these-industries-11203547.php

OR, perhaps you do, that is, if you're in the AVOCADO toast industry.

Millennials can’t buy homes because they’re wasting money on avocado toast, helpful millionaire says

http://news.nationalpost.com/life/millennials-cant-buy-homes-because-theyre-wasting-money-on-avocado-toast-helpful-millionaire-says

Edited by Jingthing

“One in four Thaivisa readers are under the age of 34 which perfectly illustrates that Thaivisa has mass appeal across all age groups.

Not sure how that follows.

TV would be better expanding the credibility of it's claims by discontinuing the refusal to delete defunct email addresses from their advertising efforts. I saw a comment a few years ago which said that up to 40% of the TV claimed readership is moribund (by several years), banned members (who it is reasonable to say are unlikely to buy anything from TV advertisers), and other defunct subscriber accounts of whatever nature. A current member of my acquaintance is on his 18th discrete membership courtesy of one of the more lamented but sticky moderators (google is your friend).

I don't expect that will happen though, which means that Mr Cheesman's somewhat bullish statements will continue to be treated as highly dubious. Were the future as rosy as he claim, the financial support of the Nation Group would hardly have been required to sustain its survival. The heritage of George and his questionable moderators needs to be excised if TV is to have any long-term future. Or even a medium-term one.

Personally, I give it another 3 months at best, and I confidently predict I will be an early addition to those who are banned but still claimed as a potential market for advertising on the pages of TV - despite having not seen an ad of any kind on TV for years, courtesy of my ad-blocker.

Edited by Trumpish

1 hour ago, Trumpish said:

“One in four Thaivisa readers are under the age of 34 which perfectly illustrates that Thaivisa has mass appeal across all age groups.

I think the manager has lost his marbles, or at least those on his abacus. 25% is a minority, and a small minority if us old farts make up the other 75%.

24 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

I think the manager has lost his marbles, or at least those on his abacus. 25% is a minority, and a small minority if us old farts make up the other 75%.

Maybe in the old days there were only 2 or 3 peeps under the age of 34 and now things are changing :smile:

On 6/8/2017 at 2:09 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

Seems delusional to me but then I am also predicting a Labour victory today.

I didn't like your post because i wanted a militant Corbyn, Abbott and possible Sturgeon sandwich...

But love your user name and image...it made me laugh.... now everyone youtube his user name minus the 22... does that mean there have been a previous 21RonniePickerings before?

6 hours ago, sanook2me said:

I didn't like your post because i wanted a militant Corbyn, Abbott and possible Sturgeon sandwich...

But love your user name and image...it made me laugh.... now everyone youtube his user name minus the 22... does that mean there have been a previous 21RonniePickerings before?

No it is my age. I'm one of the new young posters doncha know. :laugh: