Renewing Thai Passport

sbk

Anyone know where to renew a Thai passport in Bangkok? The ministry of Foreign affairs lists their main office, Central Bang Na and Central Pin Klao. Are these the only places?

Office of Passport Division

1.    Head Office      Map

Department of Consular Affairs

Thanon Chaengwattana

Laksi BANGKOK

Tel. 0-2981-7171 

2.    Temporary Passport Office: Bang Na     Map

9th Floor Central City Shopping Center Bang Na 

Thanon Bang Na - Trad BANGKOK 

Tel. 0-2361-0888 Ext. 3591 , 0-2383-8400 Ext. 3591 , 0-2383-8403  

Fax. 0-2383-8398      

3.    Temporary Passport Office: Pin-klao   Map

8th Floor Central Department Store Pin-klao 

Thanon Boromratchachonnani BANGKOK 

Tel. 0-2884-8829, 0-2884-8830 

Fax. 0-2884-8823 

Ministry of Foreign and Consular Affairs

If you go to the website there are maps available.

I was just hoping to find something that wasn't quite so far away from where we will be staying.... my husband has a phobia about bangkok traffic after living there in the mid-80's --he had to take the bus for 4 hours each way to go to Uni. So, now trying to get him anywhere far from central Bangkok is nearly impossible. Oh well :o

• 1 year later...
Check with a post office. I understand you can renew and/or extend a passport through any post office.

You can renew through any post office or GCS office at Chatuchak BTS station but it takes 2 weeks.

Or you can go to office at Bangna, Pinklao or Chaengwattana everyday from 8 to 3h30 pm or saturday morning (closed on sunday).

Thanks.

You can renew through any post office or GCS office at Chatuchak BTS station but it takes 2 weeks.

I think I read about this office in Bangkok Post a while ago.

Is it located inside the BTS station?

Whereas at Chaengwattana office, I think you can pick up your new passport the day after, if not in two days. I think my wife told me at Chaengwattana office they can send you the new passport by mail upon request.

Traffic at Chaengwattana - Viphabadi Rangsit intersection not nice during morning and evening rush hours. But otherwise it is a very easy access (by car).

Edited by Nordlys

• 2 years later...
What is the best location with the quickest and easiest way to renew a Thai passport that will expire? I have booked a trip but did not realise that my partners Passport will expire soon.

Thanks

Although Central Bang Na is not in central Bangkok, it is easy to get to via the expressway. Fast service there too - I was in and out in around half an hour when I applied and less than 10 minutes to pick up the passport a couple of days later. Chaeng Wattana (albeit a few months back) has a lot of road works and nightmarish traffic jams.

How about a passport that is already expired?

Does anyone know if my wife could get hers renewed at the post office after it is expired?

My wife has a similar problem with an expired passport but I didn't know about the Post Office route.

Her family actually live in Bang Na but we live 380 km away near Khampaeng Phet.

How about a passport that is already expired?

Does anyone know if my wife could get hers renewed at the post office after it is expired?

My wife has a similar problem with an expired passport but I didn't know about the Post Office route.

Her family actually live in Bang Na but we live 380 km away near Khampaeng Phet.

Those quotes about renewing at a post office are from a 4 year old posting. No longer possible.

Passports must be applied for in person at any Passport Office in Thailand as they take digital photographs of your face and finger.

It takes about 3 days if you collect in person or about a week if you have it posted home.