Thai Post Office deteriorating service

What has happened to the Thai Post Office?

I used to regard Thai Post one of the successes here and very reliable.

Recently it has gone downhill and at a remarkable rate.

1) Mail is always late and then comes in a big bundle. I constantly get bills delivered several days after the due date for payment.

2) Registered Mail. Today I find a Registered Package in my letter box that should have had a signature but obviously did not.

3) I also had a Recorded Delivery package which should have been signed for (which was posted on 25th May and just arrived) and left in the box.

Anyone else also experiencing this?

...I couldn't help noticing that the unit in Big C earmarked to open as a PO in 'May  2017'' failed to materialize but other than that the service hasn't noticeably changed; at least not in Maenams catchment area ?

Edited by evadgib

28 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I have used the Thai post office (Mae Nam) four times over the last several years.

Each time there was a screw up. Each time!

Never again.

How did you cock it up?

(?)

I have used Maenam Post Office for 15 years – both P.O.Box, and delivery to home address, and sending important mail around the World – and I'm still very happy with Postman Pat and his colleagues, and their fine service.

Early January I received a Christmas card letter with my name and the following address only: Ban Mae Nam, Koh Samui, Surat Thani, Thailand...:smile:

4 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

No problem with Chaweng post office, can you clarify your post office.

Choengmon serving the Bangrak area. I agree with other posters that in the past the service has been good. It is just recently it has become a problem.

2 hours ago, SamuiRes said:

Choengmon serving the Bangrak area. I agree with other posters that in the past the service has been good. It is just recently it has become a problem.

Service really depends on the individual delivery guy/girl in my experience. We are also in Bangrak just in the ghost road, but our mail come from the Chaweng office. Never any problems really. 

I suspect that those of you who are happy with the service get regular mail (bills, etc.) but I don't; I used the post office on a 'one off basis'.

A few years back 2 packages that I sent never made it, and one sent to me never arrived either, so I became wary of the place.

The 'kicker' for me was when I needed to receive a vital document from home. Being wary of the PO, I had it sent by DHL. It was a day late, so I called them and they said "wait a day". Okay. The next day I went to the DHL office near Macro where I noticed for the first time a small sign on the door saying that ThaiPost would be handling the 'last mile' delivery. I confirmed all my info with DHL and went to the Mae Nam PO. I talked with 4 different people and got the "No Have" response. I went back to DHL in a real snit and let them have it. Fortunately for me (and, I strongly suspect, I wasn't the only person with this problem) the guy there took my side. He got on the phone to Mae Nam PO and had a... lively phone conversation. I couldn't follow the Thai, but it was not a friendly or polite chat. They sent me back to the Mae Nam PO where my package was waiting for me. Soon after I noticed that DHL wasn't using Thai Post anymore (perhaps they started again- don't know). That was the day I took my vow.

So, if you guys are getting good service, I am happy for you and I hope it continues. For me, it is Never Again!

Cheers

Edited by Samui Bodoh
Fat finger syndrom

Oh dear!!! 

I've  had except for a couple of years (at one location) the same smiling postman out of Maenam... post items not that regular for me, but I bet I could have my name and just post code and it would arrive!

A few weeks ago something came from Lazada and they phoned me from the PO, to pick up,  I said cannot come,.... 15 mins later Mr smiley showed up with the parcel ...:thumbsup:

I do give a bit of a tip at New year's, perhaps that helps?

I agree that the delivery guy is friendly but he only delivers what he is given.

Today I received a bill due for payment on 21st March. Luckily I knew it was due and could deal with it then without the bill.

A second one received today was due for payment on 11th April - this I did not know about so will have to deal with that now.

Really frustrating because we know that complaining will make no difference.

Been having the same problem for a while now, this week had 3 parcels and 3 letters from UK, all posted on different days, all arrive together. This has now happened several times and the postman just shrugs when asked why.

2 hours ago, samuijimmy said:

My bills, from 3bb  come through email... and even a phone text on due date even if it has been paid....

Perhaps check if that is an option for places that bills every month ...

Yes I do that with 3BB, AIS and True but TOT will not do that, CAT will but you have to call each time you expect a bill. It is often bills to my clients which get lost.

Obviously it's a local problem.

I'm in Nakon Nowhere in Udon province. I've had registered parcels of m/c parts sent to me by registered post from the UK and USA EVERY month since December. Everything gets here pretty much on delivery time, ie 7-12 days. Some i pay customs and tax on, some i don't, irrespective of value.

Generally excellent service.

I am waiting for a EMS from HK. On june, 3rd it was in Laksi, than Sri Racha and on 5th it gone in a container to Banglamung .....   and gone lost in SPACE!!!

The post office investigation team works about it now. Let see what they find out.

6 hours ago, SamuiRes said:

Yes I do that with 3BB, AIS and True but TOT will not do that, CAT will but you have to call each time you expect a bill. It is often bills to my clients which get lost.

TOT does have ebill and pay on line service. It's the only way I can stay current, as I suspect my postman throws my mail in the trash. EMS is the only mail that makes it all the way to me, and even that sometimes gets left in the mailbox with no signature. I have filed complaints and requested investigations, but nothing changes. Used to have very reliable service, but in the past year, it's totally unreliable.

I've found them very efficient although the mobile post office near me seems to have disappeared but Jomtien is not so much further. Banglamung delivered to wrong address an EMS parcel from Bangkok. A visit to them, "we'll sort it out" they said. Next day a phone call "we've got it. Can we deliver it now?" Very polite.

Only gripe is the red card you get when they try and deliver and I'm not in. All in Thai, including name of P.O. to visit to collect. Could be one of two, Banglamung or Na Jomtien. Never know which. Must do list...learn to read Thai.

Used to be I would get a notice of a package waiting at the PO for me and run down and be in and out in 2 minutes.  Now the lines for picking up packages can be up to 30 minutes in the hot sun or rain outside the Phuket Chalong PO.  The lines grow to 20 people waiting.  Then at the front of the line random excuses are given as to why they can't find the packages with instructions to come back later or leave your phone number.  It's like that every day now.  I don't know what happened but it's bad.

My problem ( Khorat Lotus branch) is not this end but the other end. At the end of last year/ start of this year I sent six consecutive sets of documents to the bank in singapore using registered delivery. 

Apart from the speed at which they moved ( 4.5km per hour based on time taken from posting to delivery and distance travelled) not one of them was signed for. According to the Post office app.

One was lost which contained full details of two bank accounts plus a copy of my passport ( identity theft here we come).

i have complained repeatedly in writing with thai post who just respond that the case has been handed to the case officer and if he finds anything out they will contact me.

i told them that charging for a service that they subsequently fail to deliver is fraud. Answer "we have handed the case to the....."

i told them that should i become become a victim of identity theft I will hold them responsible. Answer " we have handed the case to the....."

i have asked them for a refund on the cost. Answer " we have handed the case to the...." 

i will never ever use them again

Edited by The Dark Lord
Just like it

I had a letter sent from England on the 6th April, and another sent by the same person on the 11th May. I also had two more letters posted in April from England and a Thai bank statement posted 25th May.  All arrived together on the 13th June. My post office is in Chachoengsou province.