Woman bitten by dog in hospital seeks Bt1m compensation

snoop1130

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

.To try and justify the dog's actions is beyond reason.

Dogs don't need justification and unless they're diseased they are predictable. They were n the hospital because  staff allowed. The dogs lived there,felt at home, it was there territory. One dog would be tolerable, if the case is as in the article, it's no good and the hospital needs to own up and fix the problem. 

Just now, Rob13 said:

Dogs don't need justification and unless they're diseased they are predictable. They were n the hospital because  staff allowed. The dogs lived there,felt at home, it was there territory. One dog would be tolerable, if the case is as in the article, it's no good and the hospital needs to own up and fix the problem. 

You have no idea what you are talking about

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I would expect the hospital management to get rid of the dogs - not the patients..

Well yeah, but TIT and they didn't. So now what do you,. That hospital in the article looked like a dog pound. How sanitary is that? I'd turn around and find another hospital.

1 minute ago, Rob13 said:

Well yeah, but TIT and they didn't. So now what do you,. That hospital in the article looked like a dog pound. How sanitary is that? I'd turn around and find another hospital.

I don't think we are disagreeing. But, obviously, most Thai people don't have a choice of hospitals.

16 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

Five days ago, I had 4 local dogs break through the wire netting to my chicken and duck area. They literally broke through the admittedly flimsy netting.

Piss in a milk jug and pour it around your chicken house and perimeter fence. 

45 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

Piss in a milk jug and pour it around your chicken house and perimeter fence. 

I will do better than that. It is a very large area and I cannot produce the amount of urine you suggest that will be washed away by Thai rain.

(you do know about Thai rain or are you not living in Thailand as are so many other anti Thai posters)

I will grow a hedge of chillie plants around the area. The locals swear by it.

Many hospitals in the west have therapy animals, including dogs and cats. Patient recovery time can be shortened and the hospital experience made less traumatic.

Hardly the case with Thai stray dogs, potentially more like a nightmare if they roam the corridors and sleep on patient trolleys, as per the other report

3 hours ago, Rob13 said:

No I didn't see it; if that's the case that lady needs to find a new hospital.  

You think thats the only one???

Just back from Hospital in Pranburi........dogs  all over it, disgusting

Five days ago, I had 4 local dogs break through the wire netting to my chicken and duck area. They literally broke through the admittedly flimsy netting.
Totally ignoring ducks and ducklings, they killed 29 chickens and chicks. I heard the 5 geese we have, and ran with a stick into the yard where I was attacked.
The stick and long leg steel capped safety boots saved me (from my ex mining days, too many snakes here not to wear them)
 I filed a report with the police. They cannot act for two reasons they said. I had no witnesses and there is a prohibition on killing and hurting the dogs.
So I did not mention how I had gotten the dogs to run away.
The villagers are on my side and have offered and suggested ways to fix the problem. Instead, I have built solid roof steel sheets (by Thai standards, the best I could get) around the yard.
The dogs made no effort to eat the chickens, they left me with the 3 roosters. I also made no aggressive moves on the dogs until they attacked me. And some posters on this topic are just plain silly. 

Wow. Sorry for your loss.

Some dogs are quite aggressive and attack without reason.

I just come back from Savannakhet. It's even worse there. Not enjoyable to do a walk.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

On the upside, she only needed to pop across the corridor to get the rabies shots.... 

and  the  hospital could grow  the  vaccine as  they  have  the  dogs:sick:

54 minutes ago, steven100 said:

give her 2,000 baht and tell her to <deleted> off ....   she got her money and her x-ray

Would YOU be happy with 2.000 baht, considering the painful anti rabies shots and the loss of time?

Just now, oldhippy said:

Would YOU be happy with 2.000 baht, considering the painful anti rabies shots and the loss of time?

I would take the 2,000 and run.   She's dreaming thinking of 1m ....  take 2k or nothing and get on with life ...  the hospital has more to worry about than her rabbie shots ..  she's been watching to much Judge Judy .....

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

I would take the 2,000 and run.   She's dreaming thinking of 1m ....  take 2k or nothing and get on with life ...  the hospital has more to worry about than her rabbie shots ..  she's been watching to much Judge Judy .....

No rabies shots for you? I respect your death wish.

9 hours ago, spiderorchid said:

(you do know about Thai rain or are you not living in Thailand as are so many other anti Thai posters)

I will grow a hedge of chillie plants around the area. The locals swear by it.

I spend 3-6 months a year in LOS.

Good luck with the pepper plants. never heard of that method before. Be intersting to see how it works out. If you're in Thailand long term, you ought consider getting a couple guard dogs pups and raise there with the chickens.

14 hours ago, seajae said:

but what did she do to the dog to get it to bite her, just  another trying to milk the system, you watch all the people that will be trying to put this one over on others now this has been shown up. Too many people trying their hands at graft her all the time now, make her pay for upsetting the dog instead, they dont bite for no reason

A soi or stray dog bites for no reason as happened to my (then) 3 yr old son many years ago.

A dog and especially a soi dog will attack you when you come near or in his terrority or place of feeding.

He sees the soi as his soi and you are invading his terrority.

The dogs from the next soi won't ever come to my soi as the dogs in my soi will kill them.

Wish they did.

14 hours ago, Seismic said:

She may have done nothing, Dogs are territorial and it may have thought that the X-ray room was its personal space. Because, after all, you always see stray dogs in hospital rooms.

Because, after all, you always see stray dogs in hospital rooms.

A couple of years ago, in a Chiang Rai hospital, in mid-winter, I even saw one in a white coat (but no stethoscope)

15 hours ago, jaywalker said:

I mis-read the headline at first and saw "Woman bites dog" LOL.

Aah...The endless soidog problem. Bitten on the way into a hospital...

I mis-read it too.  I wondered why the dog was in the hospital.