Vlog: Hated by many but can Pattaya ever be considered the best city in the world?!

Jonathan Fairfield

No, it's not that bad.

Obviously not the best in the world but I think it's "goodness" is relative to it's cost of living price level. 

If instantly that tripled, and you could afford it, there are definitely better places. 

From a U.S. perspective, poorer man's Miami Beach fits it pretty well. 

Edited by Jingthing

If your thing is to spend hours in those lovely sacred Wat's, perhaps one could skip Pattaya.....:violin:

If it's for cultural and deepened mixing with the young local species of the opposite sex, with an impressive pannel of STD's, highly boozed, perhaps one could obviously consider Pattaya??!!!:passifier:

Pattaya is highly advised if you enjoy getting bashed up by the locals, late at night for no reason, enjoy having your picture all bruised on the local press, or if you enjoy skydiving from high rise buildings..!!!!:cheesy:.....

and if your philanthrophy urges you to distribute regular amounts of tea money, the Pattaya Police Motor Road Blocks will take you to paradise!!....Enjoy!!:welcomeani:

Pattaya is far from the best city in the world.

Only if you are attention starved in the rest of the world you could consider Pattaya an ok city.

It is a holiday destination with many many many many working girls where the average John goes to fall in love with a working girl.

If you take away all the bars and agogo's and GC's and  massage places, you might discover Pattaya to be worst than a dumpster.

It is one big brothel, 

1 minute ago, Bastos60 said:

Only if you are attention starved in the rest of the world you could consider Pattaya an ok city.

It is a holiday destination with many many many many working girls where the average John goes to fall in love with a working girl.

If you take away all the bars and agogo's and GC's and  massage places, you might discover Pattaya to be worst than a dumpster.

It is one big brothel, 

that's fine if it is....as long as it is entertained and patronised with responsabile adults....what is getting scary is the attacks on farangs, the systematic ripoffs from transport and other merchants.....tourists, thai locals and their cash will flee...wait and see

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

that's fine if it is....as long as it is entertained and patronised with responsabile adults....what is getting scary is the attacks on farangs, the systematic ripoffs from transport and other merchants.....tourists, thai locals and their cash will flee...wait and see

hence....one big brothel.

4 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

hence....one big brothel.

very true..however a big brothel can be run in with responsability, some form of respect and safety and still qualify as a brothel!!!.....

Edited by observer90210

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No, it's not that bad.

Obviously not the best in the world but I think it's "goodness" is relative to it's cost of living price level. 

If instantly that tripled, and you could afford it, there are definitely better places. 

From a U.S. perspective, poorer man's Miami Beach fits it pretty well. 

What nonsense. South Beach has an amazingly wide and clean beach. Pattaya beach is pathetic in comparison.

Pattaya has an abundance of hookers and beer, that’s it. That’s the only reason why foreigners visit.

Apart from that, the sidewalks are uneven and if you’re not looking down it’s a matter of time before you smash your face. The sea water is polluted and a health hazard, most of the beaches are covered in garbage or thousands of rats. The roads are dangerous, the police are always needing grease on their palms. Jet ski rental costs no less than 50,000 baht for 30 minutes on a good day. Draft beer is 99 baht, but is sold out at 9PM every night. The hot dog costs 10 baht, but for a white man it costs 20 baht.

The beggars in Pattaya get changed into dirty clothes and go around with their palms open, living in a better condo than I am but the white-knighting foreigners fill their hands with money to make themselves feel good about their fortnight of sex tourism.

Lady boys offer flying lessons, you just need a room with a balcony. Trying to figure who is more belligerent, the Russians or the steroid filled Australian wideboys, while listening to an American shout to the street food vendor “NO HOT SAUCE … I DON’T LIKE SPICY FOOD O-K-A-Y”, during his first trip out of the States in search of economically driven Asian women to pay for sexual services.

Pattaya best city in the world, have you got rocks in your head? I would hate to see what you think is the worst.

the worst would perhaps be the drunk, unruly, brawling tatooed types who openly insult the local communities and get into drunkard fights with other tourists and perhaps still think that the colonial days are carrying on?

Edited by observer90210

13 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

It is one big brothel, 

thats you opinion but you state it as fact. in my opinion it is a great place (at least the jomtien beach part) i worked there 9 years and once the kids are through school i will retire there. pattaya is excellent value and has a nice climate. the only down side is the water quality of the ocean. who cares? i can rent a condo for 300US$/month with a pool or do a trip to kog larn for a swim.

It is not that it is so bad, it is worse....same silly crap every day....must be some rule that says big gut, no shirt? Dress like a clown and act like one? Drive on the footpath? Swim in the Bay that smells like a toilet? Etc,. Etc. ??. Seems that low class is better than no class most of the time. Have my countdown launch calendar by my bed and am almost giddy at the thought of saying bye, bye to the place.....just hope the door does not hit me in the arse as I leave? ?  I know the grass is greener on the other side and have packed my mobile lawn mower to keep things tidy....?????

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

thats you opinion but you state it as fact. in my opinion it is a great place (at least the jomtien beach part) i worked there 9 years and once the kids are through school i will retire there. pattaya is excellent value and has a nice climate. the only down side is the water quality of the ocean. who cares? i can rent a condo for 300US$/month with a pool or do a trip to kog larn for a swim.

It is actually a fact.

8 hours ago, bloodDiamond said:

Pattaya has an abundance of hookers and beer, that’s it. That’s the only reason why foreigners visit.

Apart from that, the sidewalks are uneven and if you’re not looking down it’s a matter of time before you smash your face. The sea water is polluted and a health hazard, most of the beaches are covered in garbage or thousands of rats. The roads are dangerous, the police are always needing grease on their palms. Jet ski rental costs no less than 50,000 baht for 30 minutes on a good day. Draft beer is 99 baht, but is sold out at 9PM every night. The hot dog costs 10 baht, but for a white man it costs 20 baht.

The beggars in Pattaya get changed into dirty clothes and go around with their palms open, living in a better condo than I am but the white-knighting foreigners fill their hands with money to make themselves feel good about their fortnight of sex tourism.

Lady boys offer flying lessons, you just need a room with a balcony. Trying to figure who is more belligerent, the Russians or the steroid filled Australian wideboys, while listening to an American shout to the street food vendor “NO HOT SAUCE … I DON’T LIKE SPICY FOOD O-K-A-Y”, during his first trip out of the States in search of economically driven Asian women to pay for sexual services.

Pattaya best city in the world, have you got rocks in your head? I would hate to see what you think is the worst.

what a sad grumpy old fart you are. 

pattaya is one of the best cities in the world to me, i have been all over.   its the likes of you hate it because you have been scorched by some past bar girl or ladyboy or you cannot control your vices and inner demons be that sex or drink related or whatever. 

if one learns to have control over himself then pattaya has so much to offer besides the sex industry. 

i was recently in amsterdam, i walked around the city centre and red light area and thought to myself what a sad lonely place this is.     

Edited by pumpjack

1 hour ago, pumpjack said:

pattaya is one of the best cities in the world to me, i have been all over.   its the likes of you hate it because you have been scorched by some past bar girl or ladyboy or you cannot control your vices and inner demons be that sex or drink related or whatever. 

if one learns to have control over himself then pattaya has so much to offer besides the sex industry. 

i was recently in amsterdam, i walked around the city centre and red light area and thought to myself what a sad lonely place this is.     

I'm not an old man maybe that's the problem. Pattaya is the best city in the world for prostitution I can agree on that. The cities infrastructure is nothing less than diabolical.

5 hours ago, thailien8 said:

Unlike in the US, Pattaya has a wide choice of affordable rental accommodation, restaurants, and medical care.  That's why I spend the majority of my retirement here.  Oh yes, and it never gets cold here.

Everything you summed up is a result of the massive mongering that takes place in SEA soddom and gomorra. Without the mongering, all those facilities close, are you sure you still want to retire there?

1 hour ago, pumpjack said:

Again, you claim Pattaya has so much to offer, but it is not true, even the comparison you make with Amsterdam is so pathetic, you only compare the sex industry in both cities.

Without the whoring, pattaya is a dead city and they will never be able again to fill any of the hotel rooms. 

The only reason Pattaya can be considered a holiday destination is for the mongering.

As long as this exists, you will always have an excess of facilities and things to do, be it having a clean decent massage to a full-on all out soapy, to a great meal in one of the many expat run restaurants and even Thai restaurants, you will always find a cart that will serve you food to your liking, you will always find a bar where you sit down, relax and have a drink without getting hassled by anyone, where you can have a relaxing talk with one of the girls that work there without having to take her back to your room, sit on the 'so so' beach, get served cheap food and drinks, go to disco's without getting hassled, have more farmacies and hospitals then patients that would need them. Go to  a spa, drive around on your motorbike along with the locals, etc.........

But once the mongering stops, the above disappears for the most part as well. You will be left with a city in decay. And not even bringing in 10000's of chinese could ever prevent it.

2 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

why do thousands of guys choose to live there? everyone is entitled to their opinion, and your opinion of pattaya is just that, an opinion.

No it is actually factual. 

It is your opinion that it is  a great city to retire. Will I want to retire there, of course I would like to retire there being single, even if I wasn't single and married with a TG I would want to retire in 'Thailand'. There is nothing better than to kick the bucket in a city where any man can keep dreaming.

But denying facts just makes you delusional.

3 hours ago, Bastos60 said:

No it is actually factual. 

It is your opinion that it is  a great city to retire. Will I want to retire there, of course I would like to retire there being single, even if I wasn't single and married with a TG I would want to retire in 'Thailand'. There is nothing better than to kick the bucket in a city where any man can keep dreaming.

But denying facts just makes you delusional.

confusing. what facts?

some love it some hate it. not sure why the haters hate with such a passion. i was living on koh samui and due to pattays reputation had no desire to go there. then a job opportunity came up. i moved there and it is now my favorite place to live in thailand. i wonder how many haters judge pattaya without ever living there.

On 6/14/2017 at 4:15 PM, observer90210 said:

If your thing is to spend hours in those lovely sacred Wat's, perhaps one could skip Pattaya.....:violin:

If it's for cultural and deepened mixing with the young local species of the opposite sex, with an impressive pannel of STD's, highly boozed, perhaps one could obviously consider Pattaya??!!!:passifier:

Pattaya is highly advised if you enjoy getting bashed up by the locals, late at night for no reason, enjoy having your picture all bruised on the local press, or if you enjoy skydiving from high rise buildings..!!!!:cheesy:.....

and if your philanthrophy urges you to distribute regular amounts of tea money, the Pattaya Police Motor Road Blocks will take you to paradise!!....Enjoy!!:welcomeani: 

I do not believe that Farangs get beaten up by Thais for no reason. 99% of the time anyway.