Legislature looks to legitimize ‘no-show’ lawmakers

webfact

Legislature looks to legitimize ‘no-show’ lawmakers

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

14253756881425376712l.jpg  

National Legislative Assembly (NLA) convenes in August 2014.

BANGKOK — The junta-appointed legislature proposed removing regulations Friday which require lawmakers to attend sessions at the risk of losing their jobs.

The move came after seven lawmakers, including the junta leader’s younger brother, were cleared of ethical violations Thursday despite failing to meet minimum attendance requirements because they had been granted permission to do so.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/06/16/1464798320/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-06-16

if they cant attend all the meetings unless due to ill health or real problems they shouldnt be a member, if they have other work that stops them attending they shouldnt be a member. This is just money for the boys and no one really gives a crap if they attend or not, its all for show. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The junta-appointed legislature proposed removing regulations Friday which require lawmakers to attend sessions at the risk of losing their jobs.

In other words, they are being paid for a job they are not expected to do. Wonder how many firms could afford thagt luxury?

Totally wrong, I am against this if you have a job and get paid for it you have to be there. Then don't give them the job.. only pay them when they are there. 

Clear sign of nepotism.. bad show Junta.. hypocrisy 

Edited by robblok

17 minutes ago, robblok said:

Totally wrong, I am against this if you have a job and get paid for it you have to be there. Then don't give them the job.. only pay them when they are there. 

Clear sign of nepotism.. bad show Junta.. hypocrisy 

Yup, pay them for attendance NOT for who they are! Otherwise they have a sense of "entitlement" and will not really give a damn about the job (just there to collect the money)!

15 hours ago, brucec64 said:

Really no different than the Jersey mafia putting their soldiers on the payroll of construction sites but doing no work. This government has just legitimized corruption. So much for reforms.

Reforms?   I realized this whole 'reforms' thing was a sham shortly after the Kho Tao incident happened.  When Prayut not only rewarded the police, but praised the good job they had done.  THAT was when I knew real reforms would never happen.  And here we are into our 4th year and nothing has been done.

Prayut and friends are hypocrites and likely more corrupt than the PTP.

It is what happens when you take a country at gun point.  No checks. No balances.  Just the entitled doing as they please.

The previous government had the same disrespect of the rules. I did not like it then and don't like it now.

22 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

In other words, they are being paid for a job they are not expected to do. Wonder how many firms could afford thagt luxury?

It's not a real NLA anyway. What's the use of going to work for just mimicking a real job?

Edited by candide

7 hours ago, robblok said:

The previous government had the same disrespect of the rules. I did not like it then and don't like it now.

The previous government was elected.  The current one used force.  One  could have been gotten rid of by a vote.  The other is here to stay forever making up stupid repressive laws.