Connecting Paypal To A Bank Account

I've had a Kasikorn bank account for years and I did try to connect it to my Paypal at least 2 times a couple of years ago. The staff pretty much didn't know what they were doing regarding this. 

Anyway I really need to make this connection now and I have done some research online, I need a K-Cyber account to do it, and even then transfers can take up to 7 days!? Back home the transfer would be almost instantaneous. Are there other banks here that would be better suited for setting up a Paypal account to bank account? MY Paypal wasn't set up in Thailand, it was set up way before I moved here if that makes much difference? 

Cheers

I've had a Kasikorn bank account for years and I did try to connect it to my Paypal at least 2 times a couple of years ago. The staff pretty much didn't know what they were doing regarding this. 

Anyway I really need to make this connection now and I have done some research online, I need a K-Cyber account to do it, and even then transfers can take up to 7 days!? Back home the transfer would be almost instantaneous. Are there other banks here that would be better suited for setting up a Paypal account to bank account? MY Paypal wasn't set up in Thailand, it was set up way before I moved here if that makes much difference? 

Cheers

If I get pounds sterling paid into my UK PayPal account and then I transfer it to Kasikorn where it is linked via the K-shopping Visa Card where it is converted to Thai Baht, it takes about 7 days or more before it appears in my Kasikorn account, but the delay is from PayPal not the bank.

2 minutes ago, trd said:

If I get pounds sterling paid into my UK PayPal account and then I transfer it to Kasikorn where it is linked via the K-shopping Visa Card where it is converted to Thai Baht, it takes about 7 days or more before it appears in my Kasikorn account, but the delay is from PayPal not the bank.

How do you obtain a K-Shopping visa card? Is that a car that will allow online purchasing basically? I asked the staff at my branch for this when I tried to arrange Payapl - Kasirkorn, and obviously they didn't know. My girlfriend is a former employee of Kasikorn and she doesn't even know about this, but then again she used to work in customer services 

How do you obtain a K-Shopping visa card? Is that a car that will allow online purchasing basically? I asked the staff at my branch for this when I tried to arrange Payapl - Kasirkorn, and obviously they didn't know. My girlfriend is a former employee of Kasikorn and she doesn't even know about this, but then again she used to work in customer services 

You apply for it through internet banking. Takes five minutes to get the card number. It has to be renewed every year. It's a proper visa debit card that can be used for online purchases. You don't get a physical card. You can then link it to a PayPal account.

Example. I just downloaded a newspaper to my tablet this morning. Amazon took the payment from PayPal which took the payment from my Kasikorn debit card converted from Thai Baht. Within seconds I received an email from Amazon and PayPal confirming the payment and a text message on my phone from Kasikorn internet banking showing the debit from my K-shopping card.

2 minutes ago, trd said:

Example. I just downloaded a newspaper to my tablet this morning. Amazon took the payment from PayPal which took the payment from my Kasikorn debit card converted from Thai Baht. Within seconds I received an email from Amazon and PayPal confirming the payment and a text message on my phone from Kasikorn internet banking showing the debit from my K-shopping card.

OK thanks a bunch much appreciated :) Purchasing can be done this way in a matter of seconds but transfers between PP and Kasikorn take up to 7 business days then I guess? 

OK thanks a bunch much appreciated :) Purchasing can be done this way in a matter of seconds but transfers between PP and Kasikorn take up to 7 business days then I guess? 

A payment from PayPal to purchase something is instantaneous via the card. The delay is only if you are being paid by someone through PayPal and you subsequently transfer cash from PP to a bank. PP sits on it for a week or so. Also PP exchange rates aren't as good as a bank.

You don't need to go to the bank to link to a Paypal Account, it is done through Paypal, if you are a vendor, not sure about as a purchaser.

After you link to the Thai account, Paypal will make 2 small deposits to that account to confirm that it is correct, you then have to tell Paypal what those 2 amounts were to activate the account.

Hope that helps, I have a couple of different Thai accounts with different banks linked to Paypal accounts.

Edited by Pungdo

I have two PayPal accounts, need two email addresses, the Thai one I use with Bangkok bank, the UK with Lloyds overseas and that bank account is linked to my Thai address as well

Fortunately a long time ago I managed to get my Thailand address onto my UK PayPal account, makes life easier

Paypal exchange rates stink but the overall package with the guarantees PayPal give is excellent

I have bank accounts and cards linked to my paypal accounts, at checkout/payment time it gives option of where to debit

I thought you had to fund your PP account from your bank account in advance of making an online payment unlike a card which PP debits directly.

59 minutes ago, trd said:

PP asks for a credit or debit card number to link to so that PP debits your card when you make a PP payment.

There is no need to link a credit card to bank account, maybe for a debt card? I don't know.

When linking a bank account with PP it only asks for account number!

There is no need to link a credit card to bank account, maybe for a debt card? I don't know.

Are you saying that once you link the bank account it works in exactly the same way as if you linked a debit card. In other words PP takes your money instantly from your bank account in the same way it would from a debit or credit card? I've always used PP via a card. I also want the card because not everyone accepts payment via PP.

2 hours ago, trd said:

Are you saying that once you link the bank account it works in exactly the same way as if you linked a debit card. In other words PP takes your money instantly from your bank account in the same way it would from a debit or credit card? I've always used PP via a card. I also want the card because not everyone accepts payment via PP.

Yes, this is called e-cheque but it can take up to 1 week to clear and shops won't send your order until the e-cheque is cleared.

Yes, this is called e-cheque but it can take up to 1 week to clear and shops won't send your order until the e-cheque is cleared.

Okay thanks for the info, but as K-web shopping card is instant like any credit or debit card, it's better to stick with that as its so easy to get. Why wouldn't you?

Unfortunately People in Paypal are not innovative.

Evidence: They could do online debit card transactions as it have been done already by banks for their costumers.

They could prove their existence on all online payments sites.

If PP can link debt cards directly to bank accounts with secure texting message authentication method, life would be more easier and fun too.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:15 PM, nasanews said:

That my vary on a historical basis, I have been with PP nearly 20 years. My bank account is linked to PP via the debit card, when the debit card expires I have to renew the link with the new card just like a credit card.