Suvarnabhumi Airport-registered taxi driver returns 5700 US dollar cash to foreign passenger

webfact

Suvarnabhumi Airport-registered taxi driver returns 5700 US dollar cash to foreign passenger

BANGKOK, 19 June 2017 (NNT) - A Suvarnabhumi Airport-registered taxi driver is admired for returning over 5,700 US dollar cash to a foreign passenger. 

Mr. Phanuwat Sartchang, a taxi driver serving Suvarnabhumi Airport, demonstrated his honesty and professionalism by returning a bag containing 5,700 US dollar or about 193,000 baht in cash left on the back seat of his vehicle to its rightful owner Mrs. Lilia Davalos, a Mexican who traveled from the airport to Thara Place Hotel, Bangkok. 

After the passenger alighted from his taxi, with the registration plate ธห-348 Bangkok, he drove off and later found the bag left by his passenger had forgotten on the back seat. He later handed down the bag to Latkrabang police asking them to help locate the owner and return the bag. 

Mrs. Lilia Davalos Tetsuro was found and retrieved her belonging on 11 June 2017. The taxi driver has been commended for his integrity that helps uphold the image of Suvarnabhumi airport and Thailand as a whole.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-06-19

I was wrong, i said last week after the bad taxi driver thread in 2/3 days we will have a taxi driver returning a large sum of money to a passenger.

It took 7 days for it to happen, amazing Thailand.

Well would you believe it.

Last week after the bad taxi driver story, i said  in 2/3 days we will get ba driver returning a large sum of money to a passenger

43 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I was wrong, i said last week after the bad taxi driver thread in 2/3 days we will have a taxi driver returning a large sum of money to a passenger.

It took 7 days for it to happen, amazing Thailand.

Well would you believe it.

Last week after the bad taxi driver story, i said  in 2/3 days we will get ba driver returning a large sum of money to a passenger

Read the story again. This happened on the 11th of June. Had to wait for bad news before releasing the good news. Surprised it wasn't the same driver.

12 minutes ago, berybert said:

Read the story again. This happened on the 11th of June. Had to wait for bad news before releasing the good news. Surprised it wasn't the same driver.

My comment was not about when it happened, but when the story was released.

With like one million more people like that honest Somchai in this country

for other to emulate and set an example, things just might turn around

for the better and life will be much better for all.... sadly though, this is

an anomaly of a situation, rarely happened...

Having 193,000 Baht in a bag, and leaving it on the backseat of a taxi; I don't think so!

I would really like to believe these stories, but they turn-up like clockwork!  Anybody carrying that amount of money would guard it with their life.  No doubt, it has happened before, in many counties, but not as regularly as it happens here; it's getting so you can almost set your watch by it.

They were a little late with this tale of extreme goodness from the taxi mafia....

Usually 3 bad stories and then the usual goodness story is released....and does anyone actually believe that the Suvarnabhumi taxi gangsters would ever return a bag of cash?

In the absence of any young thugs roaring up behind  Chinese tourists on their motorbikes  and wrapping 50,000 baht gold chains around their necks, this will have to suffice as the days good guys news item!

22 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

They were a little late with this tale of extreme goodness from the taxi mafia....

Usually 3 bad stories and then the usual goodness story is released....and does anyone actually believe that the Suvarnabhumi taxi gangsters would ever return a bag of cash?

Then you have to believe the cops would return the money also.  Not going to happen.

I had 20,000 baht in my wallet once. Was going to the bank to deposit it. I kept patting my pocket to make sure my wallet was still in there. It's not a huge amount of money but it was enough to be furious if I lost it. 

If I'm carrying 193k in a bag, that's getting tied to my wrist and I'm gripping that bag for my life. How on earth do people leave that behind?

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

With like one million more people like that honest Somchai in this country

for other to emulate and set an example, things just might turn around

for the better and life will be much better for all.... sadly though, this is

an anomaly of a situation, rarely happened...

With like 60.000.000 more people... would be heaven on earth.

On June 12th I took a taxi from  departure at Suvarnabhumi airport. After a few km the driver said the engine was overheating and I have to change the taxi. Another taxi stopped and we switched. After another few km the taxi slowed down and stopped. The first taxi stopped, opened his window, smiled, and handed me over my wallet.  Only about 10'000 Baht but all my cards. I gave him 1'000 Baht. He was happy, and I was very happy.

A day later I took a taxi to Klong Thom. I forgot my fanny pack in the car. No money inside. Angry at myself I walked slowly along the road, when the taxi driver waved at me, and gave me my pack back. Another 1'000 Baht gone. Driver happy and Papa very happy.  BTW, I never had a bad experience with a taxi driver.

19 minutes ago, seabear said:

On June 12th I took a taxi from  departure at Suvarnabhumi airport. After a few km the driver said the engine was overheating and I have to change the taxi. Another taxi stopped and we switched. After another few km the taxi slowed down and stopped. The first taxi stopped, opened his window, smiled, and handed me over my wallet.  Only about 10'000 Baht but all my cards. I gave him 1'000 Baht. He was happy, and I was very happy.

A day later I took a taxi to Klong Thom. I forgot my fanny pack in the car. No money inside. Angry at myself I walked slowly along the road, when the taxi driver waved at me, and gave me my pack back. Another 1'000 Baht gone. Driver happy and Papa very happy.  BTW, I never had a bad experience with a taxi driver.

You are indeed blessed. 

52 minutes ago, maximillian said:

Don't be so negative. Maybe it's a true story. I do believe so.

Dont be so negative, how can you say that?

Every month without fail  a foreigner leaves a large amount of money in a taxi.

The taxi driver is such an honest person, it is given back. :cheesy:

It always occurs just after a rogue taxi driver has done wrong. Absolute bu+++IT.

Guys, guys...calm down!

This (and others like it) is actually NOT a story about a good taxi- driver!

It's about the idiotic taxi- passengers, who regularly and frequently carry around large sums of cash, sacks of gold, treasure chests full of jewelry or NASA- laptops, just to leave them in the taxi!

Here...solved it for you!

You are welcome!

:coffee1: