Suvarnabhumi Stand-off: Airport claps back after being called ninth worst

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninth worst of 76 airports.  Hardly a noteworthy poll.  How many international airports are there?  Hundreds! So, what were the criteria for this tiny survey group?  A totally discredited survey!!!!!!  No news here.  Move on. It wouldn't even be ninth worst in Asia.  Let alone East Europe or Africa.  Try Vladivostock.  I did.  Once.

Edited by The Deerhunter

On 6/19/2017 at 0:47 PM, phuketrichard said:

LONG walks

you probably do'nt transit much :) the walk in this airport is like a 100 meter race compare to the Marathon you need to do in US airports...

Last Friday, middle of the day and one escalator to Immigration departures was closed off due to overcrowding, with passengers being directed to the other one which wasn't much better. Only two of the three body scanners and security stations in action.

Wednesday, immigration arrivals mid-afternoon, and the lines to both sections were off the ramp and stretched out past the overhead sign that says 50 meters to Immigration. Despite the huge numbers they did seem to be making an effort with most counters open and some people being led to the priority section for processing. Surprisingly what looked like an hour wait took only twenty minutes and there was no line at all at the taxi rank, which was full of waiting cabs.

I cannot help but to recall the cheating scan at Suvarnabhumi airport, many years ago. The accomplices were amongst duty free sales persons and the Thai Airport Police. Innocent tourists were falsely accused of shoplifting, arrested and extorted huge amounts of money from the Thai Airport Police to carry on their trip.

Okay all this was back around 2009, and the internet is full of articles from serious media, on the issue.

Nevertheless, for such scams to occur by the Thai Airport Police, within a supposedly secured airport complex, leaves one to ponder if such an airport can be trusted? T

hese airport scams were  a shame and a disgrace for Thailand. It is a pity, as definately I have always refrained from any form of Thai bashing and always been grateful and supportive towards the country. I also assume that since, things have been cleaned up.

But one thing is for sure....NEVER...never purchase anything from a shop in Suvarnabhumi Airport....it may cost you a hefty amount of racket money to get out of the scam....

On 05.07.2017 at 6:35 PM, kkerry said:

Last Friday, middle of the day and one escalator to Immigration departures was closed off due to overcrowding, with passengers being directed to the other one which wasn't much better. Only two of the three body scanners and security stations in action.

Wednesday, immigration arrivals mid-afternoon, and the lines to both sections were off the ramp and stretched out past the overhead sign that says 50 meters to Immigration. Despite the huge numbers they did seem to be making an effort with most counters open and some people being led to the priority section for processing. Surprisingly what looked like an hour wait took only twenty minutes and there was no line at all at the taxi rank, which was full of waiting cabs.

full of waiting cabs at Subvarnabhumi waiting to scam tourists and expats on refusing turning on the meter or on trying to cheat on the toll fares....

38 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

full of waiting cabs at Subvarnabhumi waiting to scam tourists and expats on refusing turning on the meter or on trying to cheat on the toll fares....

The driver I had turned on the meter and took me to my destination quickly and safely without any issues...

6 minutes ago, kkerry said:

The driver I had turned on the meter and took me to my destination quickly and safely without any issues...

Good for you in that case, but unfortunately the issues do exist.

Edited by observer90210

Get rid of the damn phones when on shift, annoying to the extreme when people sigh and look in disgust at anybody tying to get some type of assistance from them as though they are interupting them from a highly important social interaction on facebook..... my pet hate is phones at all workplaces..

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk