If Thais don't like 2nd hand property, isn't 2nd hand property a buyer's market?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious, why do you say that? many Thai's are far more rich then many a farang in Thailand!!

Good point. Many fangs hang out with aging bar girls and think that represents the norm. Tip them 20 baht and your a hero

Even middle class white collar professionals are easily doubling the meagre pensions that many desperate leo happy hour farang drinkers earn

21 hours ago, 11223344 said:

lol this is very broken logic...

if the first page is over a year old it could mean people simply don't want to sell because they are happy there

every Lumpini / Rhythm / Whatever will be refreshed every 15 minutes not because of being "prime developments" but because having unlimited supply of low quality shoe boxes nobody wants

There is no logic in Thailand so that has nothing to do with it. The culture is different here, it's about extended family duty.

An observation: There are lots of shoe boxes, and studios listed as 1 bed on offer. Where I live the car park is full of expensive cars, three Mustangs with red plates among many Benz, BMWs etc.

With the exception of about 12 big (like the one I have) rooms they are all 25sq m including a tiny balcony.

Car park is empty most weekends and every holiday when they go home...

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

Good point. Many fangs hang out with aging bar girls and think that represents the norm. Tip them 20 baht and your a hero

Even middle class white collar professionals are easily doubling the meagre pensions that many desperate leo happy hour farang drinkers earn

So where do you fit into this?

A retired Hedge Fund Manager, or working for an oil company here with your family? Not a teacher I hope (yes your in context, not you're which you should have used. And what are "fangs"?).

Like anywhere there are lots of different levels of income for Thais and expats, but you can't live here on only a UK state pension.

2 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Very true what you say, pal. It just gets quite annoying to read many big mouths all around being catty and rudly spitting on Thai's for no justified reason instead of cleaning their own barns.

Edited by observer90210

22 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Very true what you say, pal. It just gets quite annoying to read many big mouths all around being catty and rudly spitting on Thai's for no justified reason instead of cleaning their own barns.

I don't agree with "The Shadow", however some posters do get obsessed with the corruption here, and I understand why. Those who have worked for Thai companies and tried to run a legitimate business of their own over many years living in the LoS know only too well how it works.

We don't need someone to tell us how to suck eggs thanks grandma...

:sleep:

Well actually his post was in reponse to my post that myself, had responded to a previous poster:cheesy:....just to put things back in their truthful context which could give an better idea of the thoughts exchanged and avoid misunderstandings!!

So I may guess, at least in this exchange, that nobody was aiming to suck balls or eggs and would rather have them serviced by appropriate female caretakers :sleep:

Edited by observer90210

3 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Ha ha, well maybe as  the International Schools and others pay quite a bit these days for good teachers. I have a mate in KK that makes about ฿50k/m (plus his pensions and investments).

If you want a two bed place and work in town, living in town is more expensive, and getting to work on the BTS makes it a viable proposition.

Same goes for Thais I would think, bigger place for the same money and easy to get to work and home.

Anyway, I'll  not be buying any condos to refurbish in the near future, it was just a thought as some other posters seem to have done pretty well at property speculation.

That's the difference. You are thinking of tenants paying rent out of their own pockets, whereas I target tenants housed by companies with specific budgets.

44 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Well actually his post was in reponse to my post that myself, had responded to a previous post:cheesy:....just to put things back in their truthful context which could give an idea of the thoughts exchanged and avoid misunderstandings!!

Okay, I missed some posts.

I would like him to respond to my reply and give us an idea of what he does/did and how long he has been in Thailand and why that makes him an expert. Seemingly his English is not so good either, and I wonder where he originates from, but it is not important. What experience of Thailand he really has is the point. There are stages: 1 to 3 - tourist,  3 to 5 years - beginner; 5 to 10 - novice, 10 to 15 - go back to the start, think you know everything but at this stage it changes as the Thais are wary you know too much... Need I go on?

I have to say either you are an insomniac like myself or you live in a different time zone?

Zzzzz:sleepy:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

28 minutes ago, trogers said:

That's the difference. You are thinking of tenants paying rent out of their own pockets, whereas I target tenants housed by companies with specific budgets.

Good thinking, but you must be looking at Japs and Koreans etc at the high end.

Anyway, best of luck, sounds like you know what you are doing.

I was only picking your brains a bit to see how it works. I've been here for years but never thought about it before.

Cheers :drunk:

31 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Okay, I missed some posts.

I would like him to respond to my reply and give us an idea of what he does/did and how long he has been in Thailand and why that makes him an expert. Seemingly his English is not so good either, and I wonder where he originates from, but it is not important. What experience of Thailand he really has is the point. There are stages: 1 to 3 - tourist,  3 to 5 years - beginner; 5 to 10 - novice, 10 to 15 - go back to the start, think you know everything but at this stage it changes as the Thais are wary you know too much... Need I go on?

I have to say either you are an insomniac like myself or you live in a different time zone?

Zzzzz:sleepy:

lol...was not aware of the stages of stay...a bit like on TV where you start from newbie and end up when you grow up to Platinium credit!!:glare:...IMHO, I would plainly say that in life when you stop learning or seeking new experiences, you end up probbly 6 feet under the ground in a box!

On my side, I am more perplexed when people have no idea at all on a issue....if an idea/thought is present, wheather I agree or disagree, or grunt, never mind...what matters is that the thought is there....better some "bad" ideas then no ideas or thoughts at all, wheather on the 1-5 year visa or the 10 year visa!!!...as after all my good idea could be a bad idea for somebody else....whatever, I am sure you see the point...

Well wish you a good night!

Edited by observer90210

18 hours ago, observer90210 said:

lol...was not aware of the stages of stay...a bit like on TV where you start from newbie and end up when you grow up to Platinium credit!!:glare:...IMHO, I would plainly say that in life when you stop learning or seeking new experiences, you end up probbly 6 feet under the ground in a box!

On my side, I am more perplexed when people have no idea at all on a issue....if an idea/thought is present, wheather I agree or disagree, or grunt, never mind...what matters is that the thought is there....better some "bad" ideas then no ideas or thoughts at all, wheather on the 1-5 year visa or the 10 year visa!!!...as after all my good idea could be a bad idea for somebody else....whatever, I am sure you see the point...

Well wish you a good night!

The time scale thing I think was dreamt up by Bernard Trink, and he says after you have been here 25 years you become an "old hand" but will still find the place confusing every day.

To even begin to understand the place you need to have worked for a Thai company or two for some years. A lot come on holiday twice a year for a month or so and think they have sussed the place, they can be "Jonny Know-it-alls".

You learn something new every day, just try to remember it.