I have trialed the HD Subs tv app.

Scooby and Puppy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/23/2017 at 1:47 PM, pattaya1234was said:

Superal. Sorry, I been in Myanmar for a few days.

I paid on line using either a credit or debit card-I cannot remember which I am afraid-old age!

They refused my cc & dc for some reason and when I told them they said pay through Western Union 

8 hours ago, KittenKong said:

WU seems to be the preferred payment system of most scammers.

Just had a promo email from them saying free android box if I pay for 1 years subs + apologies for payment problems and then supplied me with the info to pay them through WU , based in China , are they untouchable as regards being shut down or recompense for non delivery of service ?  To be truthful I am not too bothered as long as I can receive a decent broadcast of UK tv . From what I can gather there is no company within Thailand that has the broadcasting rights of Sky Sports who have the monopoly of anything worth watching sport wise .  Comments welcome if you know otherwise .

1 hour ago, superal said:

..... supplied me with the info to pay them through WU , based in China , are they untouchable as regards being shut down or recompense for non delivery of service ?

As far as I know you have no come-back at all on payments made through Western Union. I think that it's even worse than PayPal as far as protection and accountability go, and there's a reason WU are widely used by Nigerian princes and sellers of dodgy items worldwide.

The big advantage of credit cards is that at worst they offer some sort of chargeback facility or, in the case of UK cards, the fully shared liability of the card issuer as provided for by UK law. Debit cards are not as good but still offer some protection.

40 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

As far as I know you have no come-back at all on payments made through Western Union. I think that it's even worse than PayPal as far as protection and accountability go, and there's a reason WU are widely used by Nigerian princes and sellers of dodgy items worldwide.

The big advantage of credit cards is that at worst they offer some sort of chargeback facility or, in the case of UK cards, the fully shared liability of the card issuer as provided for by UK law. Debit cards are not as good but still offer some protection.

Sorry  , I worded wrongly and what I was asking was because the ISP is based in China , are they beyond scrutiny of copyrights infringement  or being closed down?

2 minutes ago, superal said:

Sorry  , I worded wrongly and what I was asking was because the ISP is based in China , are they beyond scrutiny of copyrights infringement  or being closed down?

No they are not beyond any copyright infringements, but when they are in China it's up to the Chinese government to shut them down.

Has anyone who has subscribed to HDsubs got it working on more than one device?

I have multiple devices in various locations and would like to watch on any of them (one at a time of course).

Is this possible, or am I limited to one device only?

EDIT I got a response from their Customer Service chap, one device only :-

The code is limited to one device at a time. What we can do is transfer code over for you when travelling and transfer back to original device when you get back

27 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Has anyone who has subscribed to HDsubs got it working on more than one device?

I have multiple devices in various locations and would like to watch on any of them (one at a time of course).

Is this possible, or am I limited to one device only?

EDIT I got a response from their Customer Service chap, one device only :-

That mean they must be tied to the MAC of your device, since your IP changes every 24 hour anyway.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

That mean they must be tied to the MAC of your device, since your IP changes every 24 hour anyway.

Time to investigate Android MAC spoofing :smile:

11 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Time to investigate Android MAC spoofing :smile:

As far as I'm aware MAC binding is only applied with MAG boxes. May be they assumed you would use a MAG device.

I don't know how HDsubs works, but maybe someone can explain if they have their own app, or if it is a M3U they use.

If the latter it definitely can be used on as many devices as you like, but only 1 at the time.

2 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

No they are not beyond any copyright infringements, but when they are in China it's up to the Chinese government to shut them down.

I do not think that will happen cos when I spoke to them they were very confident that they would not be shut down , probably as you say , Chinese Gov; giving the OK 

Just now, superal said:

I do not think that will happen cos when I spoke to them they were very confident that they would not be shut down , probably as you say , Chinese Gov; giving the OK 

You think the Chines government is ok with copyright infrigments?

Naaah, I would never believe that :laugh:

Just now, janclaes47 said:

You think the Chines government is ok with copyright infrigments?

Naaah, I would never believe that :laugh:

Lets wait & see , I would not bet on them shutting down unless the Thai authorities intervened & stop the transmissions , however they reckon they broadcast extensively but as I said before there is no way of receiving Sky / UK programs officially in Thailand so its a void to be filled by the new guy in town who is going to make a lot of money in a short time 

19 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

As far as I'm aware MAC binding is only applied with MAG boxes. May be they assumed you would use a MAG device.

I don't know how HDsubs works, but maybe someone can explain if they have their own app, or if it is a M3U they use.

If the latter it definitely can be used on as many devices as you like, but only 1 at the time.

I've been using HDSUBS + for 2 months now and I'm really pleased with it, HD quality UK Sky & BT sports. 

At the beginning I tried using different devices but only 1 login at any one time and I got locked out almost immediately. Support told me that I can't do that as they check device. 

Since then I've travelled to new Zealand and around Thailand taking my original minix neo box with me without any problems whatsoever. 

So it does look like they check for devices MAC address ???

What a pain as I've got a spare android box which I use for travelling, and also would like to be able to use it on my mobile phone 

???

37 minutes ago, ketherin said:

I've been using HDSUBS + for 2 months now and I'm really pleased with it, HD quality UK Sky & BT sports. 

At the beginning I tried using different devices but only 1 login at any one time and I got locked out almost immediately. Support told me that I can't do that as they check device. 

Since then I've travelled to new Zealand and around Thailand taking my original minix neo box with me without any problems whatsoever. 

So it does look like they check for devices MAC address ???

What a pain as I've got a spare android box which I use for travelling, and also would like to be able to use it on my mobile phone 

???

That is indeed a major inconvenience. The paid subs I am aware of can all be used on as many devices you like, as long as you have only 1 online at any given time.

"What a pain as I've got a spare android box which I use for travelling, and also would like to be able to use it on my mobile phone"

You can spoof your MAC address on a PC. I presume it can be done on an Android box too.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

8 hours ago, Scaryriver said:

Hey guys ive been using ..... for well over a year now, if anyone needs any help with it or trial codes etc, let me know

it is hands down the best IPTV available for sports and UK content!

Another one-post newbie promoting a paid service.

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Another one-post newbie promoting a paid service.

Mate it has a 3 day trial, nothing required to trial it other than an android box and decent internet connection (5mbit)

Trial it and see for yourself, im a newbie cause i only just found this forum talking about hdsubs which i love.

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Has anyone tried casting HDsubs from a phone/tablet to a Chromecast or the like?

I don't want to be tied to a box, but I do want to watch on the big screen.

Not 100% sure about casting but yeah unfortunately at the moment codes are tied to 1 MAC address 

Have anybody tried both HDsubs and IViewHD?

The two services have very similar channel set-ups, and while the price for HDsubs is higher than what IViewHD charge, the difference is not enough to off-set any difference in quality.

Sophon

44 minutes ago, Sophon said:

Have anybody tried both HDsubs and IViewHD?

The two services have very similar channel set-ups, and while the price for HDsubs is higher than what IViewHD charge, the difference is not enough to off-set any difference in quality.

Sophon

Hey Sophon

So IviewHD and Hdsubs are basically the same people, just both are branded different apps for different regions, so Iview Mainly sells to people in UK and rest of Europe, Hdsubs mainly to Asia and America

Both have their normal service and + with the 7 day catch up and have the exact same VOD service, both use same servers for feeds as well :)

Hope that helps

On 7/29/2017 at 7:59 PM, Scaryriver said:

Hey Sophon

So IviewHD and Hdsubs are basically the same people, just both are branded different apps for different regions, so Iview Mainly sells to people in UK and rest of Europe, Hdsubs mainly to Asia and America

Both have their normal service and + with the 7 day catch up and have the exact same VOD service, both use same servers for feeds as well :)

Hope that helps

I had a suspicion they were basically clones based on the identical user interface and channel line-up, thanks for confirming. So if both services are hosted on the same servers, presumably the feed quality should be more or less identical, and with the prices being:

1 month          6 months           12 months

I View HD         900 B               4,800 B                6,800 B

HD Subs        1,299 B               5,499 B                8,199 B

Can anyone see any reason to go with HD Subs over I View HD?

Sophon

27 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If you want a box then go with HD Subs, more expensive base subscription but you get a "free" box for your 8,100 Baht (for the plus version with catch-up).

I don't think so Crossy, there is no mention of a free box on any of their packages. IView HD have packages that include a free box, but then the price for the one year package goes up to 8,700 Baht compared to 6,800 Baht without a box.

Sophon

Archived