Cambodian karaoke

RayD

As I can't visa run at Poipet anymore, I went to Banleam and decided to stay overnight in Daung, as it's a long way on the bike.

Only night life seems to be a couple of karaokes. Decided to try one. Ordered some beer, picked a hostess and some English songs. There were five of us inthe room. Me, my hostess, the mamasan, the girl working the karaoke plus what seemed to be a friend of the mamasan. The surplus three women were drinking my beer and seemed to be chaperoning the hostess.

Money was spent to very little effect. What did I do wrong?

Well, first of all, you're asking about the particulars of sex work so you can avail yourself of its services, and that's against Thaivisa forum rules.

But quickly, before this thread gets closed (and you get banned), I will tell you this: Cambodia is not Thailand. While some karaoke establishments are places where sex work occurs, not all are, and not all workers at such establishments go with customers.  The "chaperoning" you describe is very typical for Cambodia.

Chou Anou,

You're reading between the lines. I only asked if it was usual for the mamasan and two other employees help you drink the beer you paid for. I never laid a finger on the hostess.

You've answed that question and I thank you for your input.