What are the cheapest hotels in Pattaya?

JohnJay

12 minutes ago, balo said:

Monthly you can rent for 2000 and up. But if he only stays for 2 months it will not work.

Yes my wife has been renting a room for 2000 + utilities, but this sort of accommodation you can find from word of mouth only I think. They don't tend to advertise online.

He should be able to find a Thai apartment or room for about 2k to 4k a month. No floor no furniture shared bathroom.

He'll have to look on the non touristy streets or ask a Thai person.

Some of the bar girls and motorbike guys should know. Likewise a bar manager may know

I called reception and requested a room with no floor once. They just left me hanging.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why would it be hell? At least he's in Pattaya and he doesn't need to stay inside all day. Plenty of old guys just nursing one drink in a barbeer and watching the world go by.

In the old days when the promenade had seats he could have sat and watched the world go by for free.

Great if you're 95.

7 hours ago, JohnJay said:

Yes my wife has been renting a room for 2000 + utilities, but this sort of accommodation you can find from word of mouth only I think. They don't tend to advertise online.

Must be the lap of luxury.  

Your 'friend' could always lodge with your wife and split the rent.  Just 1k THB pppm + utilities.

Edited by Here It Is

4 minutes ago, Here It Is said:

I added a bit to my original post.  Good idea?

Ha ha. We're somewhere a little bit nicer now. I'm not in the habit of letting broke foreigners desperate for cash sleep in a room filled with my worldly possessions...

On 6/20/2017 at 2:59 AM, Goldbear said:

"Badly overspent." I really don't see how that happens. Doesn't one know how much money they have? Divide by the number of days you are out and then just spend that. 

I know, off topic. Sorry. 

The voice of reason. Sat in a bar with a few under the belt, the brain moves below the belt and reason goes out the window. To many it is a one off opportunity for the experience of a lifetime.

Instead of trying to find cheap accommodation he should be looking to see if he can use the money to bring his flight forward.

6 hours ago, Here It Is said:

Must be the lap of luxury.  

Your 'friend' could always lodge with your wife and split the rent.  Just 1k THB pppm + utilities.

1k baht per month rent :shock1::shock1: If I break down my monthly rent, that's nearly how much I pay per day :shock1::shock1::shock1:

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

1k baht per month rent :shock1::shock1: If I break down my monthly rent, that's nearly how much I pay per day :shock1::shock1::shock1:

Well if you blow all your money next month, this thread will still be here for you to use as a reference. :)

1 hour ago, Goldbear said:

Well if you blow all your money next month, this thread will still be here for you to use as a reference. :)

Don't worry, I won't blow my money but thanks for your concern. If I do than I'll take my own advice earlier and will sleep on the beach. :smile:

On 6/20/2017 at 11:30 AM, Ulic said:

Lots of hotels will give a monthly rate. Just ask.

One of the biggest problems with these cheap monthly accommodation places is the rates they charge for electric and water.

They will charge around double the government rate for electric, so that once the month is up,  you find out it is not so cheap at all.

On 6/20/2017 at 0:47 PM, dotpoom said:

You can get a room to yourself for 180Bt. a night off Soi Buakow.. You can rent a Thai apt. for between 2 and 3 (or 4) K a month.

Soi Buakow is a very long Soi with loads of Sois off it. So for the OPs sake maybe you should be a little more specific.