Midweek rant: Bikers deserve some respect too, you know

webfact

8 hours ago, fruitman said:

Even securityguards treat bikers as being lowclass citizens, also when you're farang.

Many times i use  the motobike for quick shopping and want to park close to the entrance. Securityguards love to send me away to park behind the building in the motobike parking FOR PERSONELL.

But last week i got so tired of that so i emailed the shop (Foodland) that i won't come back to spend money in their shop because of their idiot new securityguard who wants me to walk 500 meters to the parkinglot.

The guard got reprimanded and from now on i can park right infront of the door, just like a car.:clap2:

Well I hope you don't do what most Thais do, and park up right outside the door so people can't get into the shop...?

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The insurance would pay, would they not?

The Insurance company - Thannachart have been useless since day 1.  They are going to pay compensation to the licenceless, speeding boys.  My car was stationary as I waited to turn right at a U-turn.  I paid 55K to avoid going to court (even though I was 100% sure I would win.)  The bent cop told me that a criminal charge pending would scupper my flight to UK (in August & already paid for.)  He also said it would impact on my visas.

40 minutes ago, mikebell said:

The Insurance company - Thannachart have been useless since day 1.  They are going to pay compensation to the licenceless, speeding boys.  My car was stationary as I waited to turn right at a U-turn.  I paid 55K to avoid going to court (even though I was 100% sure I would win.)  The bent cop told me that a criminal charge pending would scupper my flight to UK (in August & already paid for.)  He also said it would impact on my visas.

That is disgraceful, there are times when this country really sucks and your experience proves that. Yes "This is Thailand" right enough.