Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

2 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

Reported where?

In Thai news.

Blood alcohol level as reported in Thai news:

เจ้าหน้าที่เจ้าหน้าที่ตำรวจ สภ.เมืองอุดรธานี ได้แจ้งข้อหา ขับขี่รถโดยประมาท เป็นเหตุให้ผู้อื่นถึงแก่ความตาย โดยไม่อนุญาตให้ประกันตัว แต่ยังไม่แจ้งข้อหา “เมาแล้วขับ” แม้จะตรวจหาแอลกอฮอลล์เบื้องต้นได้ 102 มิลลิกรัมเปอร์เซ็นต์ ไม่ใช่เพียงนายแมคเกรรี่ โจเอล ไนเว่น อ้างว่าตัวเองมีอาการทางประสาท ต้องเข้ารับการรักษาจากแพทย์ ก่อนเกิดเหตุก็กลับจากการมาพบแพทย์

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

In Thai news.

Its also been reported that he just came from a mental hospital and was in a police chase with more bullets flying the a police movie. 

Dont always believe what you read. 

Edited by wow64

11 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

Again, reported where?

Again, in Thai news.

...or do you think I just made that up?

10 minutes ago, wow64 said:

Its also been reported that he just came from a mental hospital and was in a police chase with more bullets flying the a police movie. 

It was reported that when he was hauled from the truck, he claimed to be under medication for mental issues and not drunk. He also claimed to have been coming from a doctors appointment but he was seen leaving Central Plaza and hitting parked vehicles. There are no doctors offices in central Plaza.

Edited by NanLaew

And surely the ThaiVisa News CSI Division members will be allowed to present all this vital evidence to the courts when he is brought to trial?  

If this bloke is going to be stitched up he will be stitched up; guilty or not. After all he was supposedly pissed, did a runner and killed someone. None of you wannabe Perry Masons or Sam Spades or Miss Marples are going to make any difference. Have your ten penny worth of sick fun while you can. 

54 minutes ago, wow64 said:

Dont always believe what you read. 

Reported that he felt superior and invincible like many Farang do ,by driving a large pickup truck . 

12 minutes ago, anto said:

Reported that he felt superior and invincible like many Farang do ,by driving a large pickup truck . 

Can you please provide the link where you read that?

Wasnt in the article I read.. oh that's right you are jealous that he has a truck and not the same Fino as you.

Edited by wow64

10 minutes ago, wow64 said:

Can you please provide the link where you read that?

Wasnt in the article I read.. oh that's right you are jealous that he has a truck and not the same Fino as you.

LOL,I have a nice bicycle .Curious why Falang must always lord it over others with the largest pick up they can buy ?

Edited by anto

12 minutes ago, anto said:

LOL,I have a nice bicycle .Curious why Falang must always lord it over others with the largest pick up they can buy ?

Sounds like you have issues with this guy based purely on your farang in pickup issues.

The same could be said about farang on bicycles but that's not what this thread is about so stay on topic and don't vent your personal issues on a thread about a tragic accident.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

How does one view this video?  I don't have facebook

Although you dont have facebook, i think the video is open to all? Thats why i posted it.

On my PC, when clicking on the link it asks you to sign up or log in at the very top of the page,  but the video can still be played and watched beneath.

Sorry but have you tried connecting to the link, no facebook account needed

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1472697206286519/permalink/2059747487581485/

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Although you dont have facebook, i think the video is open to all? Thats why i posted it.

On my PC, when clicking on the link it asks you to sign up or log in at the very top of the page,  but the video can still be played and watched beneath.

Sorry but have you tried connecting to the link, no facebook account needed

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1472697206286519/permalink/2059747487581485/

still prompts me for facebook sign in or create new acccount

54 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

still prompts me for facebook sign in or create new acccount

Yes but you just click on play and the video plays. I don't have Facebook and it plays just fine. You may have to scroll the page down slightly to see the play button.

3 minutes ago, Laab Muu said:

Yes but you just click on play and the video plays. I don't have Facebook and it plays just fine. You may have to scroll the page down slightly to see the play button.

it does not play for me.  It shows the still of the video, but when I click on the play button another page opens up prompting sign in or create.

32 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

Ignore the first link and click on the second one.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

Are you trying to be funny?  I did click on that link which is the one you posted.  That long thing is the page that pops up when I click on the Play button on the video.

Edited by gk10002000
add

On 22/06/2017 at 6:31 PM, giddyup said:

International drivers licence, which in fact is an IDP, International drivers permit. Nothing to stop you using your home country licence for 90 days, after that you are required to get a Thai licence.

Yes, I know I was being sardonic. There is actually no such thing as an International drivers licence.

11 hours ago, wow64 said:

Sounds like you have issues with this guy based purely on your farang in pickup issues.

The same could be said about farang on bicycles but that's not what this thread is about so stay on topic and don't vent your personal issues on a thread about a tragic accident.

I also have issues with how he drives ,and his character and morals Just to be clear.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Are you trying to be funny?  I did click on that link which is the one you posted.  That long thing is the page that pops up when I click on the Play button on the video.

No one is trying to be funny, If you want help please find it elswhere.

1 hour ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Do you also have issues with how the woman on the bike was driving?

In the video it is clear she is in the wrong lane, dangerously driving into oncoming traffic, three on a bike, not in full control, not wearing helmets, etc?

No.

Having lived here long enough, NOTHING surprises me about motorbike riders regardless of where they come from. If driving 4 (ormore) wheels, one makes allowances for them or one has accidents.

In the video, it is clear that the pickup driver was going way too fast for the road conditions that prevail thus precipitating the inevitable accident.

Looking at that video we can see the tragic consequences of both parties making extremely poor choices. The woman paid the ultimate price and took with her 2 innocents; the Australian will live with the consequences forever. Yes, he is driving at lunatic speed and hugging the inside of the curve...when he should have known the likelihood of a cyclist doing just as the woman was, ie, overloaded, wrong lane, chancing death.

All are losers in this sad story.