Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"Laws  are there for our  protection those who get caught not playing correctly should pay the penalty,"

"Yes the stupidly rigid rules of the UK  certainly have a lot to answer for"

Ah, the irony...

My dear Bluespunk, this is Thailand as you say Ah, the irony

IF only he had not got out of bed that day, but then of course he did 

If you have anything else to say, kindly be a man and keep it in the open forum, I have no wish to converse with you on a

one to one basis via PM

Do try to stop trolling and stalking me, I would be most grateful

Thanks

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why this story has had the legs to go on this long is beyond me. The Earsling was drunk, did a hit and run, ended up killing and for days this has driven posts to try and find differences nuances and interpretations. BFD, Lads, it's over and let the Thai Justice System deal with this Aussie pile of garbage.

Sent from my SM-T805 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

My dear Bluespunk, this is Thailand as you say Ah, the irony

IF only he had not got out of bed that day, but then of course he did 

If you have anything else to say, kindly be a man and keep it in the open forum, I have no wish to converse with you on a

one to one basis via PM

Do try to stop trolling and stalking me, I would be most grateful

Thanks

I only PMed you as you did not have the courage to name me as the poster you were aiming snide comments at in your post. Believe me I did not want to, but you were not clear in who you were referring to.

Deliberately so.

I had to check before responding, as a courtesy to you. 

Stalking you?

Ah, the irony...

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

"Laws  are there for our  protection those who get caught not playing correctly should pay the penalty,"

Ah, the irony...

A university education, a teacher, really 

You have cherry picked parts of a quote to suit

Please try and use your university education and not be so infantile

And try to remember my request no more PMs

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I only PMed you as you did not have the courage to name me as the poster you were aiming snide comments at in your post. Believe me I did not want to. 

Stalking you? Ha, ha, ha, my but you have a high opinion of yourself and your importance. 

Ah, the irony...

As I said, 

Bye Bye

20 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Laws  are there for our  protection those who get caught not playing correctly should pay the penalty, if they are still alive of course

Continually reeling out the excuses will not cut down the road kill, YOU, will reap what you sow

So many have your attitude to safe road use, this explains the situation in Thailand 

UK and Thailand approx same size of population in numbers of course, road kill figures 17 - 1 in Thailands favour

Yes the stupidly rigid rules of the UK  certainly have a lot to answer for

Safe motoring to all including the Death Wish merchants

Do you REALLY believe that laws (which are created by the elite) are created for your protection? In England moreso, but in Thailand not so much. Many rules here are more of an on-the-spot knee jerk... like the rule that bikes can't use bridges over junctions or the rule that police seem to be enforcing that they can extract a fine for any motorcycle that leaves the left hand lane and drives on the right, the way that cars do...

Of course, there's also a rule that cars must drive in the middle of the road, or is that the left side? Do you even know the 'rules' according to the book to compare with the 'rules' according to the road (i.e. cars drive right and expect bikes to drive left).

I do reap what I sow. I have a very safe attitude towards road safety which applies to all manoevres I make, and have a rather disparaging view of the law in many cases.

Rules in the UK are sometimes flexible also - depending on which officer of the law is watching at the time and whether he's personally in the mood to book or be nice on that particular day.

The UK has police to monitor dangerous driving and bad driving, police out trying to catch idiots using mobiles whilst driving - this plus driver training and licence points systems encourage people to drive better, not safety.

'Laws are there for our protection' ROFL. The law that says I can't filter on the hard shoulder and ride 100 metres home to avoid a 7 kilometer round trip through traffic jams - yeah right.

12 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Oh my word what a post, all that remains is for me to say its about time they learned the error of their ways

Slow learners is not in it

Sounds rather like a younglakey rather than an oldlakey speaking.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Sounds rather like a younglakey rather than an oldlakey speaking.

I especially like the 'it's about time they learned the error of their ways'

This clearly shows that Oldlakey is the only one that knows the true path, and everyone else driving on the roads needs to learn the error of their ways.

Please, let me hear again about 'the error of their ways'.

1 hour ago, Blinky62 said:

Yep and you will end up the same . Dead or in jail with a attitude like that . Just because the locals want to go straight through red light , wrong way up one way street , flying up the inside , does not mean you need to drive the same way . Not everyone drives like an idiot here. You sound like an educated person , so you should drive like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What part of the following is way too difficult to get your pretty little head around?

1 hour ago, Blinky62 said:

It quickly became apparent to me, that understanding and accepting this status quo without adopting any of the risk laden manoeuvres, was the best and safest way to drive, both for myself and other road users.

I added the emphasis so you don't have to think too hard.

Actually, you probably don't need to respond either.

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I pointed out the inherent contradiction in your post. 

It wasn't cherry picking...it was pointing out the self contradicting  nature of your post. 

I'll remember to not PM you...as long as you have the courage to name those you are aiming personal remarks at. 

There is contradiction  for me, as I have already given my view of the CCTV footage and why

Try again if you care to

2 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

There is contradiction  for me, as I have already given my view of the CCTV footage and why

Try again if you care to

I am referring to your contradictory comments on the nature of laws and their enforcement. 

Edit: This what you said. 

Can you not see how those two statements are mutually exclusive?

4 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

I especially like the 'it's about time they learned the error of their ways'

This clearly shows that Oldlakey is the only one that knows the true path, and everyone else driving on the roads needs to learn the error of their ways.

Please, let me hear again about 'the error of their ways'.

Self inflicted slaughter could be a starting point, but it depends on how much time you have

1 hour ago, ben2talk said:

My father once got prosecuted for creeping through a red light at 3 A.M. on his way home. There was no traffic, and a very clear view in all directions. The 'judges' all said 'so why not just wait, is it so hard' and the other people, the kind you hate, said 'what was the harm in making a valued judgement in a unique circumstance'?

I guess you totally miss the irony of this little tale from home.

The mayhem on Thai roads by the average Thai road user that you rail and vent spleen about is totally enabled by the very same type of argument that your father lamely tried to excuse his breaking the law. They do the illegal things because they can and they know that 99% of the time, they won't get caught by the police. Didn't see it so it never happened eh?

I am quite happy for all other Thai road users to carry on making their own, special "valued judgement in a unique circumstance". For me, I will carry on making allowances for that.

6 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Self inflicted slaughter could be a starting point, but it depends on how much time you have

Self inflicted slaughter is not an error. It is a price they pay for allowing uneducated and incompetent people to take to the road in cars and trucks.

Driver education is too much hard work, and nobody wants to pay for it anyway. Freedom is worth a few cuts and bruises.

It is not an error. You only need MONEY to gain permission to use roads here. Buy a Mercedes, pay for a licence, drive. As long as you can afford to pay when you kill someone then you can carry on driving.

Where's the error?

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I am referring to your contradictory comments on the nature of laws and their enforcement. 

Edit: This what you said. 

Can you not see how those two statements are mutually exclusive?

Bluespunk are you REAL

I was replying to POST 676

There is NO enforcement in Thailand, hence the first sarcasm 

The second line you quote should not be quoted on its own you need to include the line directly above

I was being SARCASTIC, as the poster of 676 opened up with the comment there is not much to be said for how ridgedly the laws are enforced in the UK

Try to keep up MR undergraduate its really not that hard

Bluespunk are you REAL

I was replying to POST 676

There is NO enforcement in Thailand, hence the first sarcasm 

The second line you quote should not be quoted on its own you need to include the line directly above

I was being SARCASTIC, as the poster of 676 opened up with the comment there is not much to be said for how ridgedly the laws are enforced in the UK

Try to keep up MR undergraduate its really not that hard

And yet you quoted post 685...

Sarcasm? Is that what that was?

Hmm, yeah, ok, sure, if you say so...

20 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I guess you totally miss the irony of this little tale from home.

The mayhem on Thai roads by the average Thai road user that you rail and vent spleen about is totally enabled by the very same type of argument that your father lamely tried to excuse his breaking the law. They do the illegal things because they can and they know that 99% of the time, they won't get caught by the police. Didn't see it so it never happened eh?

I am quite happy for all other Thai road users to carry on making their own, special "valued judgement in a unique circumstance". For me, I will carry on making allowances for that.

:passifier: Sorry, I hadn't noticed that I was 'venting spleen' about the mayhem on Thai roads. I also don't believe there is an 'average Thai road user'.

The event I was mentioning took place in the early 1970's when roads were far less developed than they are now. Even so, still better developed than most Thai roads are now (and better planned than Thai roads ever could be...).

Now I'm curious, after you've been held up in traffic for 30 minutes on your way home from work, and a policeman is beckoning you to employ empty tarmac in front of you to make progress and make your way home, you're actually saying that you won't make a 'valued judgement'. What you'll do is hold up traffic and explain to the policeman that whilst it's okay for everyone else to cross the solid white lines and make progress you will refuse to do so, right? or do police directing traffic over-rule the standing regulations in force?

Well good for you, and god forbid everyone else around you getting gridlocked due to your superbly stubborn respect for the law (even when it's a complete ass, not applicable to the current circumstances, or overlooked by local authorities in order to ease chronic traffic issues).

There's a huge difference - in the UK where laws are enforced it generally makes sense to follow them. They are often completely rigid - not always a good thing, but always enforced when cameras are present - so probably not worth the risk of being caught now (ignoring any safety issues).

10 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

Self inflicted slaughter is not an error. It is a price they pay for allowing uneducated and incompetent people to take to the road in cars and trucks.

Driver education is too much hard work, and nobody wants to pay for it anyway. Freedom is worth a few cuts and bruises.

It is not an error. You only need MONEY to gain permission to use roads here. Buy a Mercedes, pay for a licence, drive. As long as you can afford to pay when you kill someone then you can carry on driving.

Where's the error?

Allowing uneducated people to take to the road

Non enforcement

Wow this is getting easier with every post

Keep it up ben aren't you doing well

6 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And yet you quoted post 685...

Sarcasm? Is that what that was?

Hmm, yeah, ok, sure, if you say so...

What on earth are you going on about

YOU quoted sections of my post 677 which was in reply to post 676

As you took those out of context, I just wanted to inform you of your error

I can make no comment on your latest effort post 696 as my mathematics are no better than my grammar Ha Ha Ha

I prescribe a little siesta, at the earliest opportunity

18 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Allowing uneducated people to take to the road

Non enforcement

Wow this is getting easier with every post

Keep it up ben aren't you doing well

I missed your point. 

Allowing people to drive with limited driver education, easily obtain driving licences, is normal in this country.

Strange behaviour by police in the name of 'enforcement' and lack of proper policing is, again, part of Thai culture. Mostly out in gangs collecting money from bikes with no helmets in prescribed places (I mean - you NEVER get caught unless you're extremely stupid because you just don't ride into the police trap with no helmet - so only extremely stupid people ever get caught...).

Thai's would prefer the police do a proper job, but it's not their business.

The people have no idea how they can improve the situation. They have no say in the matter. They do the best they can under the circumstances. 

I certainly enjoy the freedom and will ensure that my family get some education and awareness before they go out on the roads. I see many things that don't quite make sense, but I don't assume that these are 'errors'.

5 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

What on earth are you going on about

YOU quoted sections of my post 677 which was in reply to post 676

As you took those out of context, I just wanted to inform you of your error

I can make no comment on your latest effort post 696 as my mathematics are no better than my grammar Ha Ha Ha

I prescribe a little siesta, at the earliest opportunity

I took nothing out of context. 

Your two statements contradict each other. 

However, did you not eventually decide one of those was sarcasm?

Why the reference to grammar?

1 minute ago, ben2talk said:

I missed your point. 

Allowing people to drive with limited driver education, easily obtain driving licences, is normal in this country.

Strange behaviour by police in the name of 'enforcement' and lack of proper policing is, again, part of Thai culture. Mostly out in gangs collecting money from bikes with no helmets in prescribed places (I mean - you NEVER get caught unless you're extremely stupid because you just don't ride into the police trap with no helmet - so only extremely stupid people ever get caught...).

Thai's would prefer the police do a proper job, but it's not their business.

The people have no idea how they can improve the situation. They have no say in the matter. They do the best they can under the circumstances. 

I certainly enjoy the freedom and will ensure that my family get some education and awareness before they go out on the roads. I see many things that don't quite make sense, but I don't assume that these are 'errors'.

Each to there own, hopefully the point of that statement has not gone A.W.O.L.

17 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I took nothing out of context. 

Your two statements contradict each other. 

However, did you not eventually decide one of those was sarcasm?

Why the reference to grammar?

Yes you did

I have already explained your error concerning that statement in POST 695

No bluespunk, as I have told you or at least tried to explain to you both are sarcasm 

More sarcasm in relation to grammar and mathematics and your mention of POST 685

I know what you are up to, just like my accountant, trying to confuse me with figures

Anyway its my lunch time, so I will just have to adjourn for a while

Just before I go , I heard you the first time   a little clue here more sarcasm

On 6/23/2017 at 10:37 PM, Eloquent pilgrim said:

having voiced a very strong opinion about your beliefs ........ when questioned, you seem to have adopted the  incommunicado default stance  ....... why am I not surprised 

Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?

I don't sign in here very often.

What's the question?

Bit of know it all you are.

Yes you did

I have already explained your error concerning that statement in POST 695

No bluespunk, as I have told you or at least tried to explain to you both are sarcasm 

More sarcasm in relation to mathematics and your mention of POST 685

I know what you are up to, just like my accountant, trying to confuse with figures

Anyway its my lunch time, so I will just have to adjourn for a while

Just before I go , I heard you the first time   a little clue here more sarcasm

Yes, I know you eventually decided the contradiction in your post was sarcasm. 

Again, why the reference to grammar? 

2 hours ago, Blinky62 said:

Yep and you will end up the same . Dead or in jail with a attitude like that . Just because the locals want to go straight through red light , wrong way up one way street , flying up the inside , does not mean you need to drive the same way . Not everyone drives like an idiot here. You sound like an educated person , so you should drive like one.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Did you actually read my post ?? ....... in paragraph 4, I said "It quickly became apparent to me, that understanding and accepting this status quo without adopting any of the risk laden manoeuvres, was the best and safest way to drive, both for myself and other road users"  .... quite how from that you could interpret that I have adopted a Thai methodology of driving, when I am stating the complete opposite, is a most perplexing mystery.

As for ending up dead or in jail, my death is inevitable, although hopefully not imminent, and I abide by the laws of the country, so unless I get "fitted up" I should be able to avoid that particular avenue of pleasure  PEACE ✌️✌️??

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yes, I know you eventually decided the contradiction in your post was sarcasm. 

Again, why the reference to grammar? 

Some people here just will not admit it when they are wrong. I wonder if they get paid to spend all day reading a web forum?

4 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Some people here just will not admit it when they are wrong. I wonder if they get paid to spend all day reading a web forum?

No idea. 

Plenty on tv willing to do it for free

(self deprecating sarcasm alert)

2 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Did you actually read my post ?? ....... in paragraph 4, I said "It quickly became apparent to me, that understanding and accepting this status quo without adopting any of the risk laden manoeuvres, was the best and safest way to drive, both for myself and other road users"  .... quite how from that you could interpret that I have adopted a Thai methodology of driving, when I am stating the complete opposite, is a most perplexing mystery.

As for ending up dead or in jail, my death is inevitable, although hopefully not imminent, and I abide by the laws of the country, so unless I get "fitted up" I should be able to avoid that particular avenue of pleasure  PEACE ✌️✌️??

lol, try being a little humble and not always wanting the last word. Speaks volumes about your character and not having the quality of listening.

Archived