Australian who fled accident scene and was chased by police hits and kills woman 50 in Udon

webfact

50 pages in , 40 of them bickering about morals & spelling mistakes.

An update on the Aussie's status would be  interesting.

If it's at all possible to simply pay off the family and avoid prison, then that's exactly what he'll do, as would absolutely everyone on this forum including me.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sammy80 said:

If it's at all possible to simply pay off the family and avoid prison, then that's exactly what he'll do, as would absolutely everyone on this forum including me.

Yes I will hold my hands up to some of that, plus I like the rest of your post as well

After I have finished here I shall give you a like

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Lighten up lads!

The 14 year-old sole survivor of the accident is out of danger and will possibly be released from hospital in a fortnight.

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

So no ones plucked anything of the thai sites of any updates

1 hour ago, Sammy80 said:

Not worried about an update about the Aussie, but here's an update of the young boy that survived and how we can all help instead of arguing with each other :post-4641-1156694005: 

http://www.weeboon.com/en/campaigns/save-a-thai-boy-and-bury-his-mum    Great job Liam Dale :clap2:

2 hours ago, anto said:

And you comment but are not prepared to read all the previous comments .You also want a synopsis .Keep typing i am out of here.

You're taking this forum posting hobby all too seriously - lighten up! It's should be fun. If it isn't, find another hobby. Anyone who would bother reading 50 pages before they comment has too much time on their hands. You can nag as much as you like - that ain't going to happen for the majority of normal members here. We always have the likes of you to save us the trouble, by filling in the missing details if and when necessary.

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Not worried about an update about the Aussie, but here's an update of the young boy that survived and how we can all help instead of arguing with each other :post-4641-1156694005: 

http://www.weeboon.com/en/campaigns/save-a-thai-boy-and-bury-his-mum    Great job Liam Dale :clap2:

Nice link - they raised 26,000 so far and the target is 50,000.

If they had an extra 500 baht from each poster in this thread...

Was anyone else shocked enough by the video to think about throwing a few coins in the Donate link there?

Just asking - wondering if there's a single person here that went beyond the keyboard... thinking back to the days when I went out to help someone in Ladprao area whilst everyone was busy judging him in the forum and recently talking to a Belgian guy in Bangkok from Phuket sorting out his visa after his idiot friend slipped something into a shopping bag after paying over 5k baht by credit card.

Am I the only real person here?

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Well done indeed Boycie ..... I have just donated 1,000 and shared it on my Facebook timeline.  Im sure some of my friends will also donate ..... it's not much, I know, but if everyone did the same instead of arguing, as I have been guilty of, the family will at least be able to cover expenses irrespective of any compensation the Aussie makes ??✌️

12 hours ago, oldlakey said:

There are some on here who claim to be fluent in Thai, but never seem to be around when needed

seeing as how this posting has probably generated a heap of financial reward for TV, it wouldn't hurt them to do bit of scratching around  to come up with some updates. They always find plenty of none news to keep the clicks coming, so why not support an article such as this?

12 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Good idea - everyone donate a little - I just did.

Right thing to do, and as an Aussie I am happy to contribute and help.

If many here do the same, it will give us Expats on TV a better image too.

http://www.weeboon.com/en/campaigns/save-a-thai-boy-and-bury-his-mum

I have as well.

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

anyone flaming a story such as this should be removed - not just their post.

My bad - as Elvis says, 'transfers' aren't counted as donations possibly until the bank gets around to finishing the paperwork.

I was keeping count of the total and sneering at the Eloquent one who indeed made a transfer of 1000 whilst the total jumped up by only 200, then another 200...

My apology for that...

1 minute ago, ben2talk said:

My bad - as Elvis says, 'transfers' aren't counted as donations possibly until the bank gets around to finishing the paperwork.

I was keeping count of the total and sneering at the Eloquent one who indeed made a transfer of 1000 whilst the total jumped up by only 200, then another 200...

My apology for that...

Thank you ...... I accept your apology and am happy that you made it public as well as private ..... we all make mistakes ??

1 hour ago, Blinky62 said:

Wow , finally some good news from this storey , hopefully no ongoing physical issues. Needs a good family circle now.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Starting with an Aussie Godfather to sponsor him into adulthood methinks. Someone's life is forfeit - forever in debt to this boy and his family.

1 hour ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Some people have contacted me direct regarding donations.

Link: http://www.weeboon.com/en/campaigns/save-a-thai-boy-and-bury-his-mum

Click on the donate by bank transfer and it will give you the bank account details, so that you can then transfer to it later, if you prefer not to give card details.

Currently at 29,100 baht.

I was trying this morning to donate and pay by 'cash transfer' and get a bar code to take to 7-11 but was having trouble with the website/my phone.

Popped into Kasikorn bank this afternoon and followed the instructions on my phone to donate via 'bank transfer' and paid cash. (+30baht commission)

Please be aware that its the same Kasikorn bank account for all the fund raising campaigns. The way they know how to direct the donation to the right campaign is they add a few baht+satang to the donation. Mine was donation + 1.64Baht.

Don't make the mistake i nearly did with missing the small print, (* Please transfer this exact amount or we won’t be able to find your donation in our system) i was about to round up the donation :goof:

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I was trying this morning to donate and pay by 'cash transfer' and get a bar code to take to 7-11 but was having trouble with the website/my phone.

Popped into Kasikorn bank this afternoon and followed the instructions on my phone to donate via 'bank transfer' and paid cash. (+30baht commission)

Please be aware that its the same Kasikorn bank account for all the fund raising campaigns. The way they know how to direct the donation to the right campaign is they add a few baht+satang to the donation. Mine was donation + 1.64Baht.

Don't make the mistake i nearly did with missing the small print, (* Please transfer this exact amount or we won’t be able to find your donation in our system) i was about to round up the donation :goof:

I paid with PayPal, which is my preferred method on websites that I am not familiar with; it was really fast, all done in a minute ........ well done to everyone donating  ?? ?? ??

9 hours ago, Artisi said:

seeing as how this posting has probably generated a heap of financial reward for TV, it wouldn't hurt them to do bit of scratching around  to come up with some updates. They always find plenty of none news to keep the clicks coming, so why not support an article such as this?

Cant fault that suggestion

11 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Good idea - everyone donate a little - I just did.

Right thing to do, and as an Aussie I am happy to contribute and help.

If many here do the same, it will give us Expats on TV a better image too.

Yes, its really easy to do. Come on guys give as little as 100 baht. Lets show the Thai people that we are not all bad.

I would give money if i had any ,but the crazy Aussie ,who caused this should be doing most of any paying .Off shore worker for 30 years ,so he should have some considerable capital .

36 minutes ago, anto said:

I would give money if i had any ,but the crazy Aussie ,who caused this should be doing most of any paying .Off shore worker for 30 years ,so he should have some considerable capital .

I don't think that's a valid argument, the fund was set up for people to chip in a few Baht to assist. Whatever financial arrangements are offered / imposed have no bearing on this fund. 

12 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I don't think that's a valid argument, the fund was set up for people to chip in a few Baht to assist. Whatever financial arrangements are offered / imposed have no bearing on this fund. 

I agree ,you misunderstand me i think  .Immediate needs need to be taken care of for the family .Expats giving something back is a great gesture .Just hope the Aussie person who caused this is made to pay his share ,i will put it no stronger than that .

2 hours ago, anto said:

I agree ,you misunderstand me i think  .Immediate needs need to be taken care of for the family .Expats giving something back is a great gesture .Just hope the Aussie person who caused this is made to pay his share ,i will put it no stronger than that .

I think him and his solicitor will be pushing very hard for the chance to do just that.  For a lighter/non existent prison time deal of course

Archived