Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Seismic said:

Pattaya can never be a family friendly resort as long as there is so little parking, polluted beaches and water, terrible traffic, flooding , constant road works, scams and rip-offs. While they are trying to paper over the 'farang visited' bars, they dont seem to have done much about the numerous karaoke and thai bars that also feature prostitution.

But, but, there is no prostitution in Thailand!

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

3am sounds rather late to me. Wouldn't 10.30pm be better?  Why are people up in the middle of the night? Don't they have a bed to sleep in, or a good book to read?

People are still looking for their long haired dictionaries at that time.

But still those looking for long meaningful overnight relationships have likely already gone.........................:sleep:

13 minutes ago, franklnooner said:

LOL!!!!

They will have to close down the entire walking street every bar!!

Never just another silly regulation that wont be enforced. Or perhaps selectively enforced for those who dont pay off the boys in brown.

TIT

No they are pretty serious about this as they are enforcing opening hours to be 6pm. Where will all those couples go to see the wild side of Pattaya?

Walking street will get filled with 'live musc' venues. the kind that already doesn't get filled every night. 

Ever gone through the whole city? Walking street is the only decent street you can walk in.

What do they expect it to become, Drink street like in Cambodia?

9 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Only if they're drinking.

Otherwise 18 as stated.

No, you have to be 20+ to work in a bar and get barfined, that is what was written in his post.

Always read the original post and apply common sense to it before replying with nonsense.

Never wondered reading articles when they write that underage girls were found to be working in some bars? They not always mean -18 yo girls but -20 yo girls.

1 minute ago, Bastos60 said:

No, you have to be 20+ to work in a bar and get barfined, that is what you wrote in your post.

I actually didn't write anything about barfines, but never mind. No such thing as barfines as that may indicate that a girl is leaving the premises for a sexual act where money has been transferred.............:smile:

A girl can be legally employed to work in bars or nightclubs if she is 18 yo or over. Has to be 20 or over to drink.

If I have that wrong, then I was a naughty boy employing them for 12 years as a bar owner. Unless the rules have changed in the last 4 years?

Where did you get your information?

When will they learn to get their priorities right.  Take away the drugs, prostitutes and late opening bars and Pattaya will die.  There is still a lot of money being generated there and if you sanitise it what are you left with?  By all means try and deal with the scams and necklace/bag snatchers but leave the sleaze alone.

2 hours ago, Jeremy50 said:

3am sounds rather late to me. Wouldn't 10.30pm be better?  Why are people up in the middle of the night? Don't they have a bed to sleep in, or a good book to read?

"Why are people up in the middle of the night?"  Because they have jetlag.

"or a good book to read?"  People don't go on holiday to read books.

Bar owners, managers and Issaan representatives should form a lobby / labor union to end this insanity.

All of this makes no rational sense whatsoever and doesn't help ANYONE except maybe some US feminist politicians who somehow seem to have gotten some leverage on Thai politicians lately.

Because as far as I could think back, Thailand has always been independent and didn't allow foreign influence. These policies however, will hurt Thais most of all.

1 minute ago, pepi2005 said:

All of this makes no rational sense whatsoever and doesn't help ANYONE except maybe some US feminist politicians who somehow seem to have gotten some leverage on Thai politicians lately.

Nothing to do with outside influences.  Thailand just goes into denial mode when they raise their heads.  This is all about control and it is pretty much open warfare now between the Junta and the police.

3 minutes ago, pepi2005 said:

Bar owners, managers and Issaan representatives should form a lobby / labor union to end this insanity.

Because as far as I could think back, Thailand has always been independent and didn't allow foreign influence. These policies however, will hurt Thais most of all.

QUOTE: These policies however, will hurt Thais most of all.

A very noble & altruistic thought!

But Thais will cope!

All they have to do is become Kleenex sellers.

You are wrong again sir.

Prostitution is illegal at any age.

No it isn't. Some aspects of prostitution are illegal, like underage, soliciting, brothels but the act of paying for, or being paid for, sex is not illegal. Hence the system of barfining to remove the premises where the girls are employed as dancers or bar staff from the act. Prostitution is part of Thai culture with many Thai males traditionally using prostitutes, but rather more subtly than soi 6!

Hope this helps.

41 minutes ago, Bastos60 said:

No, you have to be 20+ to work in a bar and get barfined, that is what was written in his post.

Where ?

The image in the OP is about 20 yo for customers, not for staff

I have just returned from Pattaya and Phuket  and things are changing.  with the invest of the Chinese  tour groups the bars are   a    going to having a natural death.

From good reports Farangs  numbers are down 52% in both places  for whatever reason, weak  Australian Dollar  weak pound. and getting expensive in general.

Chinese  tour groups    pay for their tours accomadation  and flights in China and  are not the people going to   the girly bars  so I guess the police are catering for this group.

I thought all was sorted out with the announcement of .. what was it called... Happy Zone /. Safe Zone with Walking St being NOW (after the proclamation) that all was Safe, Happy & family friendly! Maybe a 'GREEN SPACE' with a kiddies playground needs to installed the length of the strip.... 55555. Oh, & what's the latest of the illegal buildings? 

5 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Prostitutes in Walking Street.  No, never.  We have been told many times by the authorities that Pattaya is a squeaky clean family oriented resort destination.

Meanwhile, in the real world, this government is doing it's best to ruin as many businesses as possible.   The sex industry is one of the few things that Pattaya has going for it.

No sir, it is the ONLY thing it has going for it!!!  

Does this mean the bars can no longer have a bar fine system? As long as there is no sex going on in the actual bar I can't see how this changes much.

It doesn't. Gogos are operating normally although for a while may have to close earlier. Short-time rooms in gogos have always been illegal although many had them. Soi 6 is different as it was open during the afternoon.

Archived