Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

pat.jpg

Picture: STV Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A new curfew is in place for all bars and entertainment venues located on Pattaya’s Walking Street.

On Monday, local officials informed bar owners and managers that venues had to close by 3am.

As well as reminding bar owners of Walking Street’s trading hours, officials left a leaflet at each venue informing that guns and prostitutes are prohibited.

pp.jpg

Image: Pattaya Rag

The leaflet reads:

No persons under 20 years of age allowed

No drugs

No prostitution

No guns, knives and weapons

The news comes just days after officials issued a similar warning to bars on Soi 6.

Last week, bars were informed they have to remain closed during the day and can now only open from 6pm.

The crackdown is part of a new sweeping changes to licensing regulations that are being rolled out by City Hall after discussions with officials from the police, tourism and entertainment sectors.

The move comes as authorities desperately try to reinvent the image of the popular resort town from one synonymous with sex and adult entertainment to that of a modern and family friendly resort with mass appeal.

Earlier this week, the police and military launched raids on three venues in the city.

One raid was carried out a popular gentleman’s club named Rioja after police received reports that sexual services were for sale. A 52 year old woman was arrested.

Another two raids in the early hours of Tuesday morning resulted in 14 people being arrested.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-21

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pattaya can never be a family friendly resort as long as there is so little parking, polluted beaches and water, terrible traffic, flooding , constant road works, scams and rip-offs. While they are trying to paper over the 'farang visited' bars, they dont seem to have done much about the numerous karaoke and thai bars that also feature prostitution.

Prostitutes in Walking Street.  No, never.  We have been told many times by the authorities that Pattaya is a squeaky clean family oriented resort destination.

Meanwhile, in the real world, this government is doing it's best to ruin as many businesses as possible.   The sex industry is one of the few things that Pattaya has going for it.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

3am sounds rather late to me. Wouldn't 10.30pm be better?  Why are people up in the middle of the night? Don't they have a bed to sleep in, or a good book to read?

Reading a good book is all i get to do these days, even 10.30 is late for me.

there are no families going 2 come here to replace the revenue generated by those walking street venues...

dirty beach, bus exhaust fumes, no footpaths or green areas no proper transport system to many more to mention 

could bring the family to a massage shop have plenty of them

If one is a resident here and goes to WS or any of the tourist gogo spots for that matter for the purpose of meeting girls, it is your money but what a total rip off scene.  The dating sites are the modern way to go many of these girls are on these sites. I met one about noon and she actually hosted me at her place. 

I would not be surprised if at some point WS stays open, but as more of a ¨watch only¨ girls dancing scene with no BF or true interaction with customers.  So in other words, like the current purgatory religious right scenes of many other countries.

I love Soi 6 but drove down there a short time ago and many places not open I know the 6 pm rule.  What will they do in the future shut down the on site room access like they have done in Angeles City.?

With all this the MPś may end up being the most accessible venues.

Obviously the General has taken over the position of GET RID THE TOURISTS, maybe they will go to Vietnam, Cambodia, Cuba, Colombia, HongKong, Macau, etc etc

Ministry of Tourism put on home leave

Hua Hin, Samui, Phuket like many other places all desperate for tourists

Soon Walking Street will follow

Thailand can do without the kind of business that goes on at high visibility, high profile brothels like those on Walking Street and soi 6.

Where are the brothels on Walking Street? As long as girls who are barfined leave their bar to accompany their "date" for the night somewhere, no offence is being committed (as long as they are 18+).

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Where are the brothels on Walking Street? As long as girls who are barfined leave their bar to accompany their "date" for the night somewhere, no offence is being committed (as long as they are 18+).

Excuse me sir, 20+

49 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If one is a resident here and goes to WS or any of the tourist gogo spots for that matter for the purpose of meeting girls, it is your money but what a total rip off scene.  The dating sites are the modern way to go many of these girls are on these sites. I met one about noon and she actually hosted me at her place. 

I would not be surprised if at some point WS stays open, but as more of a ¨watch only¨ girls dancing scene with no BF or true interaction with customers.  So in other words, like the current purgatory religious right scenes of many other countries.

I love Soi 6 but drove down there a short time ago and many places not open I know the 6 pm rule.  What will they do in the future shut down the on site room access like they have done in Angeles City.?

With all this the MPś may end up being the most accessible venues.

Or Cambodia..LOL !!;-)

Archived