Pattaya Walking Street bars warned: No prostitutes, no guns and be closed by 3am

webfact

The idea of keeping WS makes sense.  What they need to do to make it more "family oriented is the hotels build away from WS establish a beach area that everyone selling has to be licensed.

WS and prostitution will always remain in Pattaya and BKK.  However, if you look at the different things that BKK and Phuket have to offer you can see that the seedy can exist with the family it just has to be regulated .

Then again if you brought acts like this into the bars instead of the ping pong????????

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course keep all the Prostitutes out of the bars....they're the ones with a big pink P stamped on their foreheads. All the other ladies are mothers, wives and sisters. There is no species of female identified as "prostitute." If there is then all women fall into it's classification. It's just a matter of price and form of payment. 

It's always very interesting to see how the RTP announces raids. It's like "hey, we will come on Mondy. So leave your guns at home and tell your girls to behave. On Tuesday you can return to business as usual." If the Thai government really wants to shut down these shitholes then this is certainly not the right policy. Just imagine how much money the corrupt police, politicians and government officials would lose?

Although I care little, I don't live in Pattaya, I still despair. How are the cops going to make any money and do the authorities really want to turn Pattaya into a ghost town? Which, of course, means the cops will earn even less money.  Get a life.

5 minutes ago, mikosan said:

Although I care little, I don't live in Pattaya, I still despair. How are the cops going to make any money and do the authorities really want to turn Pattaya into a ghost town? Which, of course, means the cops will earn even less money.  Get a life.

The RTB are still trying to work out what "biting the hand that feeds you"means.

Hey...we all know they say that and similar things for 20 years now and then nothing much changes.

For the record, they can say:  "We told them and we tried".....

And then,  life in Pattaya goes on as usual...lol

Cheers

2 minutes ago, 650721 said:

I can't believe it. Prostitutes in pattaya, who would have thought. Discracefull. They must be ting tong me 55555

Yes its true. Now repeat after me... There are no prostitutes in Pattaya, there are no prostitutes in Pattaya.

There are lonely young women who only want company. again, and again.

1 minute ago, chrisinth said:

I actually didn't write anything about barfines, but never mind. No such thing as barfines as that may indicate that a girl is leaving the premises for a sexual act where money has been transferred.............:smile: (1)

A girl can be legally employed to work in bars or nightclubs if she is 18 yo or over. Has to be 20 or over to drink. (2)

If I have that wrong, then I was a naughty boy employing them for 12 years as a bar owner. Unless the rules have changed in the last 4 years?

Where did you get your information?

1 -I edited the post after I saw you were not the original poster. But again, read the original post. 

2 - The topic of legal age is for other threads and I don't want to continue the discussion in here, enough threads on TV about this.

Old post, but it comes down to what I have been told by mamasans and some other bar owners I know in Pattaya.
Legal age to sign valid contracts = 20 yo (unless parents countersign 18 yo). If they check the signature of the parents, they usually are found to be fake.
Have you had any girls bring their parents to your bar to countersign a contract?
But still they are not allowed to enter bars, clubs, disco's under 20. I have seen a few raids (outside pattaya, suphanburi, peony club if you know it) where all the patrons 
ID were checked including working staff. Now the interpretation of the law on that part might be different depending on police chief or governor perhaps even the general might 
have a totally different view on that matter. But  I doubt bar owners interpretation would hold up in court.

2 hours ago, al007 said:

Obviously the General has taken over the position of GET RID THE TOURISTS, maybe they will go to Vietnam, Cambodia, Cuba, Colombia, HongKong, Macau, etc etc

Ministry of Tourism put on home leave

Hua Hin, Samui, Phuket like many other places all desperate for tourists

Soon Walking Street will follow

My mate and I arrived at Suvarnabhumi around 1 PM today and BOTH immigration halls were backed up to the ramps so we split up to see who would get through first. I made it to the baggage carousel in 55 minutes, he took an hour.

There's absolutely NO shortage of tourists arriving at Suvarnabhumi airport and notably they are not at all of the demographic that would be remotely interested in what Soi 6 or Walking Street has to offer.

Fill yer boots while you can. The Chinese zero-baht package tours that were bad for business have been wrested from the private owners who were arrested and jailed. They have since been legitimized and the revenue streams  are now under official control.

The party is over.

1 -I edited the post after I saw you were not the original poster. But again, read the original post. 
2 - The topic of legal age is for other threads and I don't want to continue the discussion in here, enough threads on TV about this.
Old post, but it comes down to what I have been told by mamasans and some other bar owners I know in Pattaya.
Legal age to sign valid contracts = 20 yo (unless parents countersign 18 yo). If they check the signature of the parents, they usually are found to be fake.
Have you had any girls bring their parents to your bar to countersign a contract?
But still they are not allowed to enter bars, clubs, disco's under 20. I have seen a few raids (outside pattaya, suphanburi, peony club if you know it) where all the patrons 
ID were checked including working staff. Now the interpretation of the law on that part might be different depending on police chief or governor perhaps even the general might 
have a totally different view on that matter. But  I doubt bar owners interpretation would hold up in court.

It's 20 for customers but 18 for working as service or dancing.

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's 20 for customers but 18 for working as service or dancing.

It doesn't matter, in the example I gave, the peony club in suphan buri, waiters and waitresses had to be 20 as well. Interpretation of the local law enforcers and/or governor.
The police chief actually took the stage and made the announcements in Thai what was allowed and what wasn't. Was actually very interesting, still have the video on an old
digital camera somewhere.

Whilst many posters have sighted the issues of the BIB perhaps attempting to increase their charity donations from the establishments in WS,  or even questioning those business's known to be owned and/or financed by those desperately poor BIB members, the reason for these regulations being enforced,  but my view  is that perhaps there is a much more insidious motive being pushed by those in power.

It is known that throughout the country their has been a desperate purge on the so called 'red shirts' and its supporters and the main family members to whom they give support.  As we know they have most support from those families in the Isan region, which accounts for over 18% of the eligible voters. Spite, greed and the over riding desire to ensure the Elite of this country can continue to prosper to the detriment of others, by curtailing and/or punishing the 'red shirt' fraternity,  being the main driver of this policy.  Sorry to ramble but we all know that most ladies working in Pattaya come from the Isan region. To deliberately undertake policies that will ruin the 'adult' business in Pattaya will take away the main source of income for millions of families in Isan for whom these working ladies support, driving them ( the families)  again down the road to deprivation and isolation not seen since the 1960's. 

This IMHO is the main underlying reason for why this purge is being undertaken.  What the government would appear to be working towards is a return to the Isan people to middle ages serfdom and thus allowing the  Elites to yet further increase their ability to metaphorically rape and pillage the country of their economic resources to benefit and enrich only themselves.

But specifically addressing the issue of bars not being able to open until 6 pm and all establishments having to close by 3 am then is that a bad thing or not ? Certainly for the working lady it will be a little more than an inconvenience perhaps because as a poster has said, the likes of TF, LINE or Craigslist will ensure they can make customer contact. Indeed for the customer it could be beneficial  - think of the savings not needing to pay a BF or LD ? As for the GOGO's then little will change perhaps currently.

3 minutes ago, sead said:

If anyone would arrest me for prostitution i would charge them for defamation. Wait 6 months and see if pattaya is descending in tourism. 3pm is a good time to finish.

you probably mean 3am.

"No prostitution"?

Somebody just lost their damn mind!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Why 3 AM, that is when the trouble starts, for tourists and police?

Maybe Bangkok operating hours would be more appropriate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything else is as it should be!!

No Drugs - No one Under 20 - No Weapons - (and No Overly Aggressive Security Staff).

18 minutes ago, GRIMMY said:

All of these shenanigans over a stupid UK newspaper article. This government needs to grow a set of balls and tell the UK to do one and mind their own business.

Dunno how you come to that conclusion, but hey you're allowed to have your say, as for prostitutes on WS, I have never met one yet, all the girls I ever knew called me hasum, sexy man and liked a nice dinner followed by a few drinks and later a bit of horizontal yoga, of course I had to give them the motocy fare home, usually 1000 Baht.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Reading a good book is all i get to do these days, even 10.30 is late for me.

i'm reading this at 10:30 p.m., only because i'm a bit lazy in getting down to

editing the current good book that i'm working on for my publisher :sleepy:

that said, as far as the OP- what the hell has Pattaya got going for it without bars and prostitutes???

can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig...

are they really so stupid, shortsighted and deluded that they think they can transform Patts???

or is this just a temporary crackdown to increase the amounts in the brown envelopes?!?!?!? :saai:

Archived