Thai Airways rated as world’s best economy airline

webfact

12 minutes ago, Dobredin Ghusputin said:

So, this review is credible, but the one showing Suvarnabhumi among world's worst airports isn't.

Yes Skytrax has been doing credible polls and assessments of airlines and airports for many, many years and is pretty much the industry standard on the latest opinions and THAI coach is alright.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Naam said:

the "downside" is that i am flying next week Emirates first class to Frankfurt via Dubai and pay 23,000 Baht less than Thai charges for business class. go figure! :whistling:

Indeed... However, for some the direct route would be worth the additional cost. 

Thai have a direct route to Frankfurt...  In business (or First) many would not like to be woken up 6 hrs into a night flight, especially in First where its more like sleeping in a bed and a decent nights sleep can actually be achieved. 

IF Emirates had the 'non-stop' routes they would be better hands down, but would they still have the same cost saving compared to Thai ?

It's not quite comparing apples with apples when making a comparison of non-stop vs flights with a stop. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thai have a direct route to Frankfurt...  In business (or First) many would not like to be woken up 6 hrs into a night flight, especially in First where its more like sleeping in a bed and a decent nights sleep can actually be achieved. 

you need to get your information straight. as already mentioned Thai does not offer first and the flight BKK-FRA is a 12 hour long day flight with passengers having the shades open admiring the Himalayas and hostesses running back and forward to cater for the various requests. i have no problems sleeping on an aircraft but i'd like to meet the passenger who can sleep uninterrupted for 12 hours during a day flight.

23 minutes ago, Blinky62 said:

Wow , one day worst airport BKK , next day best airline . Go figure. mmmm

please wear reading glasses.

Thai Airways rated as world’s best economy airline

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Blinky62 said:

Wow , one day worst airport BKK , next day best airline . Go figure. mmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What - supposedly - is wrong with Suvarnabhumi? You can get around, there's plenty of seating, it's cheap to eat and buy things and it's dirt cheap to get into the city. Top airport. 

• Like 2

Just now, Naam said:

Etihad and especially Abu Dhabi airport are :bah:

Abu Dhabi airport. People smoke, the information is b*llocks, they don't even look at the security scan screens, nobody is around to answer a question...

Having said all that, the fully reclined "dentist's chair" seats are very comfortable, so long as you're certain you won't fall asleep and miss the flight. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Naam said:

you need to get your information straight. as already mentioned Thai does not offer first and the flight BKK-FRA is a 12 hour long day flight with passengers having the shades open admiring the Himalayas and hostesses running back and forward to cater for the various requests. i have no problems sleeping on an aircraft but i'd like to meet the passenger who can sleep uninterrupted for 12 hours during a day flight.

TG920 - Departs Suvarnabhumi Airport at 23:45 hs / Arrives Frankfurt at 06:00 hrs

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 5.40.18 PM.png

• Like 2

From my place of origin it makes sense to use Thai,  6 hours direct , for me the 330 is better than the 787,  but that's me , I've traveled the world with Thai in business and it's just as good as Singapore or QANTAS at less cost:coffee1:............................

Frankly i would have to disagree with this.  Having flown them all regularly in both economy and business class, I would rate Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, ANA, Air Canada, Cathay Pacific, Jet Airways,Singapore and Malaysian airlines as all having a better Economy class experience than tired old Thai.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thechook said:

The planes don't even dock at the airport, you have to get a bus and climb up into the thing.

That would depend on the airport, wouldn't it. 

I dont see how you can make much of a comparison about economy class on any non budget airline, all the planes come out of the same factories with similar seat size, fit-out etc. They fly in and out of the same airports, often use the same contracted check-in staff. They all take on food from the same catering at the airport. Variables like airport delays and weather apply equally to all. With code sharing. you can book on emerates and end up on a qantas flight.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1