Jump to content

What do ya'll think of the new CX-5?


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

 


I have the 2015 2.2L diesel, which comes in AWD (without any navi). I don't think the diesel is available in 2WD. In Thailand the current model was updated early 2016 (not much change other than horizontal grille, different day running lights and better dashboard electronics). From my observation the updated models are released in Thailand about a year after their release in Australia and the US. I'm looking forward to the latest model being launched in Thailand within the next 9 months or so.

 

http://www.headlightmag.com/full-review-2016-mazda-cx-5-minorchange-2-2-skyactiv-d-2wd/

 

Yes, there is both the 2wd and 4wd in diesel form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mortenaa said:

 

Still 2 mil cheaper than the X3..

 

IMHO, anyone who would pay that kind of money for an X3 must have more money than they know what to do with. That, and I don't have to impress anyone with a BMW or Mercedes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am considering purchasing a CX-5 and really like the car.
I have previously owned a 2015 CR-V 2.4 4WD EL.
Would any of the owners of the new CX-5 please let me know of the positives and negatives of owning one.
Thanks in advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am considering purchasing a CX-5 and really like the car.
I have previously owned a 2015 CR-V 2.4 4WD EL.
Would any of the owners of the new CX-5 please let me know of the positives and negatives of owning one.
Thanks in advance


I think the new Crv is better but Honda Thailand made the wrong decision for not bringing the 1.5 turbo here.

Cx5 offers great driving dynamics but the car is smaller especially at the back. If rear seat space is important for you, you might want to reconsider and give a try.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2017 at 9:07 AM, tharae said:

. I'm thinking of disposing of my HR-V when this new model arrives.  

If so I would sell bf the end of year to maximise the sale price. HRV's hold their value v well too

 

another reason to sell soon is due to next years refresh.

Oh and the whining engine/cvt

Edited by Will E Vormer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Will E Vormer said:

If so I would sell bf the end of year to maximise the sale price. HRV's hold their value v well too

 

another reason to sell soon is due to next years refresh.

Oh and the whining engine/cvt

or a good time to buy........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking of changing car, and go back to a SUV. My current car is a sedan (volvo s60), but want a bit more space (for golf clubs...)

 

I have been test driving the Honda accord and the new civic. Both are very light on their steering. Not a good feel for the road. And I don't like the look of the new CRV.

 

After the stop in Honda, I went over to Mazda. I have to say I really liked the way the current Mazda CX5 handled on the road. And the top model have a lot of good safety features (almost like my Volvo), and is AWD, together with an ok sound system.

But since the new CX5 is just around the corner here in LOS (hopefully), I'll wait for the new model.

 

I was checking with Volvo regarding the outgoing XC60 model, and almost jumped on it. I was getting almost 500 000 baht discount on it.... But after reading thru the specs, I found out it is only FWD. They don't take the AWD version in to Thailand.

 

And after all this I found that I would get a good car in the CX5 regarding value for money. So at the moment my head is switched towards the coming CX5.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2017 at 10:55 PM, Will E Vormer said:

If so I would sell bf the end of year to maximise the sale price. HRV's hold their value v well too

 

another reason to sell soon is due to next years refresh.

Oh and the whining engine/cvt

Not so concerned about the trans, which does the job, as the absence of sat nav.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2017 at 3:43 AM, Will E Vormer said:

New CX5 launches here in november. Just had this info from a mazda dealer.

There have  been some issues with the diesel cx-5. 

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/69940/does-the-mazda-cx-5-suffer-from-dpf-problems-

I don't know if these problems have been resolved and it's worth checking with the mazda dealer about this. There are lots of stories about diesel getting into the oil and problems with the dpf.

 

The diesel needs to be driven regularly at highway speeds. If just around town, the petrol version would be better (and cheaper to buy). There are no known issues with the petrol motor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DavisH said:

There have  been some issues with the diesel cx-5. 

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/69940/does-the-mazda-cx-5-suffer-from-dpf-problems-

I don't know if these problems have been resolved and it's worth checking with the mazda dealer about this. There are lots of stories about diesel getting into the oil and problems with the dpf.

 

The diesel needs to be driven regularly at highway speeds. If just around town, the petrol version would be better (and cheaper to buy). There are no known issues with the petrol motor. 

seems like a quiick 20 min blast at motorway speeds a few times a month is required

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eezergood said:

seems like a quiick 20 min blast at motorway speeds a few times a month is required

Some say they need to check the oil level regularly, as it can increase due to diesel getting into it. It's worth asking the dealer, but surely they will say "no problem". It's a shame if there are issues with the engine as their diesel is a good one (however. I've read it's a little noisier than the diesel in the crv). However the mazda 2 is quicker. It's worth driving those back to back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

Some say they need to check the oil level regularly, as it can increase due to diesel getting into it. It's worth asking the dealer, but surely they will say "no problem". It's a shame if there are issues with the engine as their diesel is a good one (however. I've read it's a little noisier than the diesel in the crv). However the mazda 2 is quicker. It's worth driving those back to back. 

I have seen a couple of reviews on Youtube of the new model CX5, and as I understand it, they have tried to make it less noisy in the cabin.

For my side, Mazda 2 is not compareble to the CX5, it is a lot smaller car, less comfort etc. I am thinking of cars that handles well on the road, have some space and in the prize range from 1.5 mill and to the other side of 2 mill...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, baker said:

I have seen a couple of reviews on Youtube of the new model CX5, and as I understand it, they have tried to make it less noisy in the cabin.

For my side, Mazda 2 is not compareble to the CX5, it is a lot smaller car, less comfort etc. I am thinking of cars that handles well on the road, have some space and in the prize range from 1.5 mill and to the other side of 2 mill...

I would wait for the new toyota camry and honda accord should be more comfortable and ample space....unless you really want an suv / seven seats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/30/2017 at 6:21 PM, Gary A said:

 

IMHO, anyone who would pay that kind of money for an X3 must have more money than they know what to do with. That, and I don't have to impress anyone with a BMW or Mercedes.

Thats the same or similar price as you would pay in Brazil, Singapore, Malaysia, Netherlands, Denmark, Turkey Norway, Australia..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2017 at 1:32 PM, DavisH said:

I would wait for the new toyota camry and honda accord should be more comfortable and ample space....unless you really want an suv / seven seats.

Sedans are so unpractical. Can't even fold the rear seats. Besides Honda and Toyota are such boring cars to drive. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

Sedans are so unpractical. Can't even fold the rear seats. Besides Honda and Toyota are such boring cars to drive. 

Toyota is not even in my mind. As stated in a earlier post, I testdrove the Accord, and I didn't like the way it was handling the road (light steering). On the other side, the backseat could be folded down, but only 100%. Not split or 60/40. So very unpractical. And if you want all the bells and whistles, you have to go top model hybrid, which have even less space in the back and cant fold the backseat down.

 

I am looking into a car more practical than my Volvo S60 (I can fold the seats 60/40 now) and that handles almost as well on the road. And in that regard, I think the coming CX5 tick all my boxes so far....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, baker said:

Toyota is not even in my mind. As stated in a earlier post, I testdrove the Accord, and I didn't like the way it was handling the road (light steering). On the other side, the backseat could be folded down, but only 100%. Not split or 60/40. So very unpractical. And if you want all the bells and whistles, you have to go top model hybrid, which have even less space in the back and cant fold the backseat down.

 

I am looking into a car more practical than my Volvo S60 (I can fold the seats 60/40 now) and that handles almost as well on the road. And in that regard, I think the coming CX5 tick all my boxes so far....

 

Yea me too. And it rides much better than the other J-brands. Now I heard the CRV will have a Diesel as well, but only 160hp. It would be interesting to try it out. But I won't buy a new car before at least trying the CX5. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ace of Pop said:


Like the Turbo Civic, gimme a thrashed old BM anyway..emoji609.png


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

 

I was just wandering around Sukhumvit the other day, and came across this one:

A 325i, last model with a proper 6 selfbreather! Im picking it up later :D
IMG_20170707_133608.jpg

Edited by mortenaa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toyota is not even in my mind. As stated in a earlier post, I testdrove the Accord, and I didn't like the way it was handling the road (light steering). On the other side, the backseat could be folded down, but only 100%. Not split or 60/40. So very unpractical. And if you want all the bells and whistles, you have to go top model hybrid, which have even less space in the back and cant fold the backseat down.
 
I am looking into a car more practical than my Volvo S60 (I can fold the seats 60/40 now) and that handles almost as well on the road. And in that regard, I think the coming CX5 tick all my boxes so far....


Mazda makes great driver car but Cx5 rear legroom is too small for me. I wished they would introduce cx9 here but it will cost more than 2mil baht.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, mortenaa said:

 

I was just wandering around Sukhumvit the other day, and came across this one:

A 325i, last model with a proper 6 selfbreather! Im picking it up later :D
IMG_20170707_133608.jpg

Not the most flat flattering of  pics ,it looks like a 2010 Honda City at first

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mortenaa said:

 

I was just wandering around Sukhumvit the other day, and came across this one:

A 325i, last model with a proper 6 selfbreather! Im picking it up later :D
IMG_20170707_133608.jpg

Nice looking car and sure to be exhilarating to drive but hate to think about the price of servicing /spare parts here in Thailand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, mortenaa said:

 

I was just wandering around Sukhumvit the other day, and came across this one:

A 325i, last model with a proper 6 selfbreather! Im picking it up later :D
IMG_20170707_133608.jpg

How much is that? Year and kms? There are a few on the net, 600-800K or so. Not bad as long as it's in good condition. It could end up a money pit if it needs some serious work. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/07/2017 at 1:32 PM, TommyTucker said:

I am considering purchasing a CX-5 and really like the car.
I have previously owned a 2015 CR-V 2.4 4WD EL.
Would any of the owners of the new CX-5 please let me know of the positives and negatives of owning one.
Thanks in advance

My wife had a CR-V previously. Now driving the CX-5.

Pro's. CX-5 drives, goes and stops much better. More leg room for front passenger. More economical. 

Con's. Not as box shaped so less interior space for carrying large objects

 

Can see no other negatives. It's a good car. Feels far more competent on the road than the Honda and has never had an issue in four years of use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, DavisH said:

How much is that? Year and kms? There are a few on the net, 600-800K or so. Not bad as long as it's in good condition. It could end up a money pit if it needs some serious work. 

 

Its in mint condition. 2010. Looks brand new. This is a 325i M-sport. Only 30-40 cars in Thailand with this spec. 1 mill flat. 600-800, you'll get a 320i pre LCI with horrible interior. They give you a full warranty for 12 months / 20.000 km.

 

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Not the most flat flattering of  pics ,it looks like a 2010 Honda City at first

lol, i agree

 

IMG_20170711_165107.jpg

 

 

IMG_20170711_160820.jpg

 

2 hours ago, tirekicker said:

Nice looking car and sure to be exhilarating to drive but hate to think about the price of servicing /spare parts here in Thailand.

Had beemers for 8 years here. Never bothered me. There are some many places you can service. And you if something expensive, you can easily source it online yourself, 2nd hand if you really have to. For me it's a hobby. 

Edited by mortenaa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mortenaa said:

 

Its in mint condition. 2010. Looks brand new. This is a 325i M-sport. Only 30-40 cars in Thailand with this spec. 1 mill flat. 600-800, you'll get a 320i pre LCI with horrible interior. They give you a full warranty for 12 months / 20.000 km.

 

lol, i agree

 

IMG_20170711_165107.jpg

 

 

IMG_20170711_160820.jpg

 

Had beemers for 8 years here. Never bothered me. There are some many places you can service. And you if something expensive, you can easily source it online yourself, 2nd hand if you really have to. For me it's a hobby. 

I envy you...... enjoy !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...