What do ya'll think of the new CX-5?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mortenaa said:

Its in mint condition. 2010. Looks brand new. This is a 325i M-sport. Only 30-40 cars in Thailand with this spec. 1 mill flat. 600-800, you'll get a 320i pre LCI with horrible interior. They give you a full warranty for 12 months / 20.000 km.

lol, i agree

IMG_20170711_165107.jpg

IMG_20170711_160820.jpg

Had beemers for 8 years here. Never bothered me. There are some many places you can service. And you if something expensive, you can easily source it online yourself, 2nd hand if you really have to. For me it's a hobby. 

Looks good...about 218hp isn't it? Price not bad. The ones I saw online were 325i, but 2006-08 model. 

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Looks good...about 218hp isn't it? Price not bad. The ones I saw online were 325i, but 2006-08 model. 

Yes 218hp. I will tune it 232, change the exhaust and intake. Should give me close to 240. But it's not a fast car. But I love the refined sound of the 6'er.

2 minutes ago, mortenaa said:

Yes 218hp. I will tune it 232, change the exhaust and intake. Should give me close to 240. But it's not a fast car. But I love the refined sound of the 6'er.

ECU tuning? Yes they do sound good...I think it's fast enough for most BKK roads. How many kms on the clock? (assuming they are genuine).

46 minutes ago, DavisH said:

ECU tuning? Yes they do sound good...I think it's fast enough for most BKK roads. How many kms on the clock? (assuming they are genuine).

ECU tuning yes.

110,000, which is a bit high. I could accept it, since they gave me the warranty. But Its genuine. They printed the whole service history. It's all stored in the system. The previous owner seemed to take very well care of it. Recently changed all brakes. Brand new Pilot Sport 3 tires. All other issues was covered from BMW's 5 years service and warranty plan (BSI). The leather looks completely new.  And not even any dents from parking that I could see. So lets see if I am still this positive after a few months. My previous 2nd hand BMW was a 2008 M3. Had it for three years, and just had to replace the alternator. Besides from that it was worry free.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/06/2017 at 2:56 PM, Gary A said:

I like everything about the Mazda except the price. If I wanted to spend that much money, I'd buy a Pajero.

these are my thoughts exactly, very similar fuel economy but far more bang for buck with the Pajero

• 1 month later...
Does anyone has launch date and pricing for the new CX-5? Im actually for the first time considering a Japanese car again.  I recently tried the old CX-5, and its the best driving dynamics I had in a Japanese car. Interior, rattling is way better than any other brand like Toyota or Honda. 

Judging from the pictures from the OP,  the new one looks even better!

The wife and I visited Mazda in Sukhumvit 65 Bangkok yesterday.
The salesman stated that the current date the new CX-5 will be available is November 18th 2017. He did say that it might be a couple of days either side of the 18th.
He confirmed that the dealership has already received 45 x deposits for the new version. A deposit of 5,000 baht gets you on the waiting list.
The deposit is 100% refundable if you change your mind.
He also confirmed that Mazda has many old models still in stock and that there are some very good deals available. One offer was interest free for 6 x years!, or 100,000 baht discount if you don't want interest free. Guessing that these offers will improve as we approach the release date of the new model.

The new model comes with a 6 x year/120,000km warranty and free 1st class insurance for 1 x year.

• 1 month later...