Appeal for blood as student fights for his life after foreigner killed mother and son in Udon

webfact

I'm going to sound cold with my first statement but...

The rate of death on Thai roads is huge, I'm surprised this is news at all here... it likely is only because a foreigner is responsible.

That being said, I just left Thailand, otherwise I'd donate as I'm A+.  If I get back in time I'll go by a hospital and do what I can. 

Any loss of life or injury is tragic and I hope this gets resolved... 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, JeffreyO said:

I'm going to sound cold with my first statement but...

The rate of death on Thai roads is huge, I'm surprised this is news at all here... it likely is only because a foreigner is responsible.

That being said, I just left Thailand, otherwise I'd donate as I'm A+.  If I get back in time I'll go by a hospital and do what I can. 

Any loss of life or injury is tragic and I hope this gets resolved... 

Mate do you understand the story? Your surprised it's news? A man who has admitted to having mental health issues and possibly was under the influence of alcohol as well jumped behind the wheel of his car had an accident, fled the scene of that accident, proceeded to also flee from the police and whilst speeding  killed a woman and a young child and nearly killed another and you think the only reason it made the news is because it's a foreigner? <deleted> sake..really?

10 hours ago, mogandave said:

I honestly don't see how killing a mother and her teenage son as a result of my fleeing the scene of an accident can happen to me. 

Had the woman (God rest her soul) been run down after turning in front of some poor guy on his way home from the market would be an entirely different story. 

Being involved in a tragedy can happen to anyone. Being a criminal is a choice. 

And if the guy is that mentally unstable he should no be driving.

+1 Spot on mate! You got there before I could. 

What a sad story. First the auld woman and now one of the boys... with a third person fighting for his life. And all of that heartache, loss of life, stress for what? A minor accident? 

I really am glad I'm not in his shoes right now - I honestly don't believe that my nerves/conscious would stand the pressure he's under. 

22 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

This story just gets sadder and sadder.

Now the poor boy's father has to beg for assistance for medical equipment!

Two innocents have already lost their lives. Enough already!

What's really sad is the hospital where the child is cannot provide basic medical services!

22 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

Regardless of how irresponsible the foreigner was remember this could happen to you!

Every time I have a near miss with a Thai and all his family on a motorcycle I count my blessings. 

They turn a corner and don't look, they cut in front and weave dangerously through traffic...

They drive without licences and expired licence plates. Back home it is a no brainer... you don't have a licence or your vehicle is unlicensed then you are automatically in the wrong.

Who knows what really happened. We will never know the truth.

I am sure the lady did not plan on dying so RIP to her and her grandson.

The accident was pure stupidity of the Thai.
Cutting in front of an incoming car.
NO WAY the driver of the pickup could avoid the accident.
Look at the CCTV footage.

https://youtu.be/qWDxCkqwNvs

On the other hand, prior to the accident, the foreigner made another accident and was chased by the Police as he tried to do a "Runner".

It is not sure of the foreigner was intoxicated with alcohol or not, but the foreigner declared himself to be on depressive medication (Lozapartam).
So, he was unable to drive a car safely.

This whole thing is blowed up by the media to grotesk proportions and I am afraid that the foreigner will end up by paying his freedom very expensive.

8 hours ago, howard ashoul said:

They definitelly didn't have helmets.

3 people on 1 motocycle is probably also over limit.

Not sure about driving ID, wouldn't be suprised if she didn't have one.

I am not defending that guy in any way!

I am not choosing any sides on this.

But I am so tired to hear people were involved in an accident and don't have the necessary fonds to foot the bill.

First, EVERYBODY is entitled to first Urgent treatment (life saving) at any hospital in Thailand.

Second, EVERYBODY in Thailand is able to signup for an Personal Accident (PA) insurance at a minor cost.

I am (65 years old) and have a PA insurance with a Thai insurance company.
For the PA insurance, I pay 4,750 Baht/YEAR and I am covered up to 4 million per accident.
The covered sum is reduced to 2 million baht if the accident did happen whilst driving a motorbike.

If you can buy a motorbike, you can signup for a PA insurance.
Foreigner or Thai makes no difference.

I had 2 "accidents" in the 10 years I have this insurance, and every time I was treated at the Bangkok Hospital and I did never had to open my wallet.
All expenses, INpatient and OUTpatient were handled by the insurance with a big smile.

Edited by Confuscious
Double statement

21 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

I am not choosing any sides on this.

But I am so tired to hear people were involved in an accident and don't have the necessary fonds to foot the bill.

First, EVERYBODY is entitled to first Urgent treatment (life saving) at any hospital in Thailand.

Second, EVERYBODY in Thailand is able to signup for an Personal Accident (PA) insurance at a minor cost.

I am (65 years old) and have a PA insurance with a Thai insurance company.
For the PA insurance, I pay 4,750 Baht/YEAR and I am covered up to 4 million per accident.
The covered sum is reduced to 2 million baht if the accident did happen whilst driving a motorbike.

If you can buy a motorbike, you can signup for a PA insurance.
Foreigner or Thai makes no difference.

I had 2 "accidents" in the 10 years I have this insurance, and every time I was treated at the Bangkok Hospital and I did never had to open my wallet.
All expenses, INpatient and OUTpatient were handled by the insurance with a big smile.

Cslightly off topic but I just took out accident insurance thru Kasikorn bank works week except BKK hospital unwilling to claim for money preferring me to cough up then claim myself. Cover limit not as good as yours. Cd you pls pm me with which company you got this through? 

Tkx

TDL 

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why the foreigner did not stop after minor accident?

They say he has mental illness. Questions is if he was allowed to drive at all. Also if the thai licensed doctors not did do what was needed.

Many countries your drivers license is revoked or suspended.

The mental condition they claimed he have can have made him run away. 

Beside that many motorbike think they have eternal life and act like idiot sqeezing in and out the traffic.

Driving at the wrong side of the road and bending the rule and regulation that are there to make all safer. And reinvent over and over again the accidents, that the rules abd regulation try to prevent

Causing many badly wounded and killed..Hope dashcam can tell more.

Never the less again a sad case of lives lost and people badly wounded.

2 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Cslightly off topic but I just took out accident insurance thru Kasikorn bank works week except BKK hospital unwilling to claim for money preferring me to cough up then claim myself. Cover limit not as good as yours. Cd you pls pm me with which company you got this through? 

Tkx

TDL 

ThaiVisa has a very good Insurance broker.
Why didn't you ask them before subscribing to a lousy PA insurance from Kasikorn Bank?

19 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

ThaiVisa has a very good Insurance broker.
Why didn't you ask them before subscribing to a lousy PA insurance from Kasikorn Bank?

Ah that was because I had a very bad experience using TVF to try and get car insurance, couldn't get a quote but got phoned over and over again asking " please buy insurance off me" which was not a great sales ploy.  The kasikorn basically came with the ATM card and for "just a little bit more" they made it good.  Strangely enough it was with the same insurance co you mention in your pm ( for which many thanks indeed) 

cheers

TDL.

On 6/23/2017 at 7:51 AM, webfact said:

An Australian man is in custody. He had allegedly fled the scene of a minor accident and was being chased by police.

When in Rome ... But given the predilection for Thais to ride bikes underage, 3 - 5 up, no helmets ...

1 hour ago, The Dark Lord said:

Ah that was because I had a very bad experience using TVF to try and get car insurance, couldn't get a quote but got phoned over and over again asking " please buy insurance off me" which was not a great sales ploy.  The kasikorn basically came with the ATM card and for "just a little bit more" they made it good.  Strangely enough it was with the same insurance co you mention in your pm ( for which many thanks indeed) 

cheers

TDL.

If the PA insurance at Kasikorn was basically the same as mine, you should have a free choice of hospital in case of an accident.

On a side note, to bring this discussion back to topic, when I married by wife (now ex-wife) I opened a bank account for her at the same bank as mine (UOB).
The bank account for my wife (a Thai national) had a FREE PA insurance.
So, a Thai national don't even have to pay for a PA insurance to get the benefits of it.
I don't understand why they make such a fuzz about an accident which is completely their fault and their ignorance.
If the mother did really care for her sons, why not spend a few pennies for a good PA insurance.

http://www.uob.co.th/en/personal/debit-card-uob-vcare.html

1 minute ago, Confuscious said:

If the PA insurance at Kasikorn was basically the same as mine, you should have a free choice of hospital in case of an accident.

On a side note, to bring this discussion back to topic, when I married by wife (now ex-wife) I opened a bank account for her at the same bank as mine (UOB).
The bank account for my wife (a Thai national) had a FREE PA insurance.
So, a Thai national don't even have to pay for a PA insurance to get the benefits of it.
I don't understand why they make such a fuzz about an accident which is completely their fault and their ignorance.
If the mother did really care for her sons, why not spend a few pennies for a good PA insurance.

http://www.uob.co.th/en/personal/debit-card-uob-vcare.html

Working on the basis there is no such thing as a free lunch, I am assuming that the "free PA insurance" was limited, and that to get it certain account conditions had to be met. Not everybody would be able to meet those conditions, or afford the yearly premium.

And I find it hard to see the benefit when you are dead after being hit by a driver running from the BIB. Do you think he was keeping to a safe speed?

The video on you tube  provides a lot of evidence in the case.

-The police were chasing the foreigner- as they pulled up on a motorcycle within seconds of the truck striking the motorcycle.

-According to what I saw the foreigner was travelling faster than other traffic and was speeding up at impact .

-The motorcyclist did move out in front of the truck- but what remains unknown was if the truck sped up at that point while attempting to out run the police. If he had not sped up- the motorcyclist may have cleared the turn without incident.

- The truck driver stopped at impact-waiting- did not exit his vehicle- and then started to move again seeming to want to drive away- however the cycle was under the front wheel.

My impression is the truck driver was impaired by something he took as his actions are inconsistent with what a 'normal' person would do in such an accident.

RIP to the deceased- just a horrid tragedy. 

11 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The video on you tube  provides a lot of evidence in the case.

-The police were chasing the foreigner- as they pulled up on a motorcycle within seconds of the truck striking the motorcycle.

-According to what I saw the foreigner was travelling faster than other traffic and was speeding up at impact .

-The motorcyclist did move out in front of the truck- but what remains unknown was if the truck sped up at that point while attempting to out run the police. If he had not sped up- the motorcyclist may have cleared the turn without incident.

- The truck driver stopped at impact-waiting- did not exit his vehicle- and then started to move again seeming to want to drive away- however the cycle was under the front wheel.

My impression is the truck driver was impaired by something he took as his actions are inconsistent with what a 'normal' person would do in such an accident.

RIP to the deceased- just a horrid tragedy. 

What I did read in a different forum, was that the police had shoot at the wheels of the truck.
Which may explain why he stopped, and the decided to drive again.
But he could not drive with a punctuated wheel and swerved to the right.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:58 AM, PoorSucker said:

If your blood type is A negative, please donate.
Western people has far more Blood A than Thais.

They don't want foreigners blood, they only want blood from Thai people.

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 3:38 PM, phetpeter said:

Of course his running from the scene wouldn't have anything to do with some of the writers here on TV? Saying how they would get the blame, be beaten up, thrown in jail, cut, shot murder etc. It could be out of panic from this type of hype, he drove away, only his panic and misjudgement ending badly. If he is insured (I hope), and not a wino who thinks he is above the law when it comes to the legal requirements, Then he should just have to live with his bad decisions. I know not the actual facts just the reporting facts, and I am sad that life has been lost, could or would their illegal behaviour have saved their lives, Crash helmet, overloaded motorbike, Who was controlling the motorbike, and position on road etc. We will never learn from the way the Thai police investigate traffic accidents.

Police investigation is a fine art honed to perfection in Thailand, who hit who, Oh! it was the farang - his fault - see it is perfect, case closed - time to eat - - - again. 

On 6/23/2017 at 6:20 PM, The Dark Lord said:

I have monkey blood O-  Rh- but I am in Khorat and currently on orafun but I would gladly donate if it would help /be accepted. 

Pls lt meknow a number to call orhow to get in touch.....

i am currently 57 and have been a regular donor up to moving to LoS  3 to 4 yrs ago

Contact the RED CROSS