Thailand hosts international workshop on cyber security

webfact

Thailand hosts international workshop on cyber security
By The Nation

7ca47e407f8cd02edb956587fb565c39.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand will host a workshop next week on security cooperation between Asean member countries, to forge an integrated effort on cyber security. 

Scheduled for next Wednesday and Thursday, the workshop is in response to Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha's proposal at the Asean Summit, to establishing an agency to monitor cyber threats, determine legal measures and to promote a cooperative network between cyber-security personnel and agencies. 

The move could eventually lead to the establishment of an Asean Cyber Center in the future, Foreign Affairs Ministry spokesman Bussadi Santiphitak was quoted as saying, in Thai National News Bureau on Thursday.

The meeting will allow Asean member states and experts from outside the region to discuss major issues such as good practices, past experience of cyber threats, guidelines for an Asean framework, public-private partnerships in promoting cyber security and preventing threats posed by information and communication technology, she said. 

Experts from Australia, New Zealand, international organizations, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Suppression, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and the private sector have been invited to attend.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30318879

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-06-23

A bit late for an April fools joke, isn't it?

99% of all the websites in Thailand are infected with DDoS attack software (As they are using "free" copies of Wordpress.)

99% of all the websites in Thailand have wrong configuration of the platform they're running. Because they don't have the knowhow !!!

99% of all the Thai having passwords that easily can be remembered by monkeys without brains.

99% of all computers in Thailand are infected with virusses. ("free" un-updated virusscanners)

99.999% of all computers in Thailand are running on copied & unlicensed software.

And I even don't know how many computers in Thailand are still running on an illegal version of the 15 year old Windows XP..

And I forgot to mention that the Thai system engineers are real experts. (in playing Candy Crush)

Edited by FredNL

On 2017-6-23 at 10:19 AM, webfact said:

Experts from Australia, New Zealand, international organizations, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime Suppression, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and the private sector have been invited to attend.

I wonder how many "experts" will show up for this "free and paid" holiday / trip.

The article also doesn't mention where this event shall be held. 

BTW. I didn't receive any invitation. Probably because they know I'll tell the truth and some will loose face...

Edited by FredNL