When driving in Thailand always expect the unexpected

1 hour ago, JungleBiker said:

A more common event is a motorcyclist dropping a crash helmet on the road. 

I saw a guy on the highway with his crash helmet in his basket only last week, yes, on a three lane highway.

Three days later a guy pulled up along side me and his crash helmet was not strapped on, this was on a two lane carriageway.

Edited by possum1931

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I saw a guy on the highway with his crash helmet in his basket only last week, yes, on a three lane highway.

and i saw a girl driving a motorbike with her helmet on, she got past a police checkpoint and took her helmet off while still driving

2 hours ago, Borzandy said:

Common in Thailand, but sometimes the wheel avoid the following car....

A similar thing happened in Melbourne Australia a few years ago on a freeway. A wheel came out of a passing ute and hit a man standing on the side of the road as he was helping a friend whose car had stalled. Seeing it's illegal for a pedestrian to be on a freeway the fatality was a 'one in a million".

The Miracle Channel on Thai tv shows a lot of this sort of stuff. There was a food vendor at the side of the road who was killed the other week when a wheel came off a lorry and rolled or crashed into her food stall knocking it and her over.

22 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

The Miracle Channel on Thai tv shows a lot of this sort of stuff. There was a food vendor at the side of the road who was killed the other week when a wheel came off a lorry and rolled or crashed into her food stall knocking it and her over.

...wheels-in-meals...RIP.

Had a big stone thrown up from some roadworks in Thailand once that smashed the windscreen. Luckily it was back in the days when getting a windscreen replaced was relatively cheap, and we just looked for a shop to replace it.

Current pickup has a webcam just incase something like this happens...

Edited by MaiChai

5 hours ago, wcoast said:

Happening to me as well, can't see any of the OP content. Something's amiss, using Tapatalk here.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, loong said:

I'm getting a number of topics that have an empty OP. Obviously others can see something as there are replies. Why can't I see anything??

The OP is just an embedded Facebook video, no text. For me the video loads, but slowly, so initially it appears blank for a few seconds.

For some reason it's not loading at all with you.

Here's a direct link to the video

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiVisaNews/videos/10156307565598012/

50 minutes ago, katana said:

The OP is just an embedded Facebook video, no text. For me the video loads, but slowly, so initially it appears blank for a few seconds.

For some reason it's not loading at all with you.

Here's a direct link to the video

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiVisaNews/videos/10156307565598012/

Thanks for the info. I had the page open for quite some time, but nothing loaded. This time it loaded ok.

8 hours ago, Ulic said:

I cant believe how high that wheel bounced.

Possibly as a result of it being inflated to double the recommended pressure?

Edited by Enoon

I'm getting a number of topics that have an empty OP. Obviously others can see something as there are replies. Why can't I see anything??

The first post on this thread is blank for me too.
Maybe you are using the old version
Android app ? I am and often see blank where there should be a video or oustide linked picture.