Mens dress sense

superal

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Have to say although this is a very loose thread with regards to the op its great no falling out no nasty snipping good humorous fun.

What do you mean you scruffy arrogant b.....d...

Just joking..:sorry:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

In my part of Thailand there is a bit if a rapster trend and it is not unusual to see kids dressed like below. Thankfully, the trend hasn't been picked up by farangs in Thailand yet

rapper-pants-0.jpg

saggy-pants-thug.jpg

Is this the guy who bleaches his whatever when he gets it out?:smile:

37 minutes ago, Minnie the Minx said:

Sorry mate, I'm gardening, pulling up a few things. Rabid mosquitoes so just took that.

When I'm back in the femfat pretentious parlour, shall do a better one with glaze etc....

Don't forget the pedicure, then you won't need socks...

25 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Bl..dy tease - where can I find it and the prostate giggler?:saai:

See the smiley face when you type press on it then top right categories then default should all be there

8 hours ago, Chivas said:

This shirt hanging out nonsense started around 10 years and was simply fat geezers who could cover their guts up.

Its scruffy, untidy and looks awful especially if you're tall. Only way to conform is to get fitted T shirts which end at jeans top or whatever you're wearing below. That way you dont look out of turn.

I will add just one point......when you see golfers on the tv do they look smart or what with polos and chinos on all tucked in or do they look stupid  ??  Answers not required

Your observation is spot on ,   sorry for the reply

I was visiting Pattaya yesterday (out of necessity of course) and I have to say, I was probably the smartest-dressed person there. Fawn corduroy trousers, brown leather belt, light tan loafers and white (long-sleeved) linen shirt.Good God, people actually dress in public in shorts? And SANDALS, and WITHOUT socks?

Some people's dress standards are quite appalling. Last month I left the first-class quarters on a flight to see how others slummed it. Can you believe it? There was one 'oik' in business class wearing paint-stained clothes with holes in! The First Officer who was showing me round just rolled his eyes and said I should see 'economy-class' (I declined of course).

I kannot believe the low dress standards some people keep.

You kannot be serious ??

Nope, he's not biting [emoji51]
  • Like 2

I'm happy to wear my Fruit of the Loom whitie-tighties and flip-flops while walking around in the yard.

"Yes!  It is a fashion statement!"  :smile:

Edited by connda

8 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

The OP needs to spend about a nano second in Pattaya.....worst dress humans on the face of the earth.....bar none....????

As far as hair?  More pony tails on bald guys than any other spot on earth or a massive comb over.

Sometimes I think the circus has come to town so many clowns out and about.....?

image.jpeg

Is that a selfie pic ? :shock1:

8 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Here you go. Be sure to have long nose hair and deep yellow teeth. Scent options Benson&Hedges, Old Spice or body odour. You'll have to fight off the "pretties" with a stick like the pathetic clone of this guy I saw up here approaching teens at a local mall.knee-high-socks.jpg

You gonna tell him or me ?

5 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Have to say although this is a very loose thread with regards to the op its great no falling out no nasty snipping good humorous fun.

Thanks pal ,

you got the message and humour , sometimes you must take a step back and have a laugh even if is at yourself 

21 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

I have never been told that this was illegal or inappropriate for foreigners in Thailand. 

It was repeated a lot back in 89 when I first moved to Thailand, but I ignored it unless I visited a government office. I had one pair of long trousers only for that. Nowadays, I know professional Thais that often wear shorts when they are off duty, so I think that situation has changed. 

17 hours ago, Chivas said:

This shirt hanging out nonsense started around 10 years and was simply fat geezers who could cover their guts up.

Its scruffy, untidy and looks awful especially if you're tall. Only way to conform is to get fitted T shirts which end at jeans top or whatever you're wearing below. That way you dont look out of turn.

I will add just one point......when you see golfers on the tv do they look smart or what with polos and chinos on all tucked in or do they look stupid  ??  Answers not required

By all means let's take our dress cues from pro golfers

Ian-Poulter.jpg

3afbd8fe856ab34232ac9f2aef1bdc5c--john-daly-golf-pictures.jpg

• Like 1

It was repeated a lot back in 89 when I first moved to Thailand, but I ignored it unless I visited a government office. I had one pair of long trousers only for that. Nowadays, I know professional Thais that often wear shorts when they are off duty, so I think that situation has changed. 

I appreciate your candor. Seriously for a while, we brought quite a few pair of jeans and dress shirts with us from America. My wife has measured half the jeans out to be cut into, oh my god, shorts and hemmed. I kept a few for my O/A welding hobby or odd jobs around the house and a few for immigration or other functions. I do wear a dress shirt now and then. Half the time tucked in and ,oh my god, half the time hanging out. We just bought a pair of the black Thai dress shirt and pants while visiting Bangkok last month when we went to pay our respects to the king. That will do for special Thai or special temple occasions. Maybe I will get another of those Thai collared shirts in white. I hope I don't have to ever pull my suit out that we brought from America. Otherwise, it's shorts, t-shirts hanging out, and socks with sandals/slipons/crocks. I found out that if I don't wear socks, the bottom of my feet get crusty, cracked, and I have to put up with a long painful healing process. So you "never wear socks with sandal dudes" can just stick it. I suspect that some of the guys posting on this subject, or other subjects come to think about it, just do not get out much past the bars, beaches, golf courses, or other unmentioned places and are blind to the fact that most Thais, when not in uniform, do dress casually in shorts and love to wear t-shirts hanging out. I have everything COVERED to my satisfaction. You guys can live in your dream world if it makes you happy. I really am not impressed by your closed minded opinions or care to emulate your lifestyle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

I appreciate your candor. Seriously for a while, we brought quite a few pair of jeans and dress shirts with us from America. My wife has measured half the jeans out to be cut into, oh my god, shorts and hemmed. I kept a few for my O/A welding hobby or odd jobs around the house and a few for immigration or other functions. I do wear a dress shirt now and then. Half the time tucked in and ,oh my god, half the time hanging out. We just bought a pair of the black Thai dress shirt and pants while visiting Bangkok last month when we went to pay our respects to the king. That will do for special Thai or special temple occasions. Maybe I will get another of those Thai collared shirts in white. I hope I don't have to ever pull my suit out that we brought from America. Otherwise, it's shorts, t-shirts hanging out, and socks with sandals/slipons/crocks. I found out that if I don't wear socks, the bottom of my feet get crusty, cracked, and I have to put up with a long painful healing process. So you "never wear socks with sandal dudes" can just stick it. I suspect that some of the guys posting on this subject, or other subjects come to think about it, just do not get out much past the bars, beaches, golf courses, or other unmentioned places and are blind to the fact that most Thais, when not in uniform, do dress casually in shorts and love to wear t-shirts hanging out. I have everything COVERED to my satisfaction. You guys can live in your dream world if it makes you happy. I really am not impressed by your closed minded opinions or care to emulate your lifestyle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Guess the tongue  in cheek humorous side of this thread past you by then:sorry:

• Like 2