Patong - The Wake

Patong2

Phuket is now in "high season" and I can only guess that these businesses opening up and girls arriving and hoping for work don't read the news?

Wish I could come there and help out for three months as usual, but I think my next visit will be the second half of next year. It's up to the generosity of you ex-pats (and the occassional Thai tourist) to keep the place ticking over.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Phuket is now in "high season" and I can only guess that these businesses opening up and girls arriving and hoping for work don't read the news?

Wish I could come there and help out for three months as usual, but I think my next visit will be the second half of next year. It's up to the generosity of you ex-pats (and the occassional Thai tourist) to keep the place ticking over.

Didn't mean to mislead you old chap...........but the place is still pretty well deserted, just not quite as much as before!!

15 hours ago, London Lowf said:

phuket is in the cool season; there is NO HIGH season this year.....
kamala is lovely, we have 5 beach side restaurant open now + cafe del mar, if thats your thing.

IN fact, its much busier here than in Patong, Karon or Kata...:-)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, schlog said:

Good luck for salute and great that they open again. Need to go also.

It was quite busy last night and the food, on a slightly reduced menu, was still very good.

Had a few drinks elsewhere afterwards, and there were a few more bars open, and more people around..........however on the downside a couple of the bars may be closing soon because of lack of business, and the slight increase on weekends is not enough to keep them profitable (as I said, "patchy").

Suzy Wong's has closed but the girls have been moved to what was "Harem" (same owner) so still good for some delightful eye candy.

• Like 2

....Suzy Wong's has closed but the girls have been moved to what was "Harem" (same owner) so still good for some delightful eye candy.

??? ur still going to go go bars??
I have not been in a go go in Phuket since the 90's.....lol

10 hours ago, zzzzz said:

phuket is in the cool season; there is NO HIGH season this year.....
kamala is lovely, we have 5 beach side restaurant open now + cafe del mar, if thats your thing.

IN fact, its much busier here than in Patong, Karon or Kata...:-)

1: You clearly did not appreciate the significance of the inverted commas around “high season” in my post. Accordingly, to contradict my contribution in this way does not show you in a good light.

2: It is generally considered rude to write in capital letters on a forum – but perhaps you’re just compensating for the many instances when you should have used them, but didn’t. (that's an "lol", as you youngsters like to say!)

On a positive note, Kamala is also my resort of choice and the last two visits stayed on the rural road near to Bang Wan waterfall.

Edited by London Lowf
To make it better.

I have seen government approved hotels for 50k or even 33k baht for 14 nights (some in Phuket), I think there was a web page with the full list and prices linked on visa section 9f this forum..., so those who "can" come better shop around, 120k is just daylight rubbery....! Add to that the cost of insurance and health certificate etc. and no wonder nobody 8s coming...????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Agusts said:

I have seen government approved hotels for 50k or even 33k baht for 14 nights (some in Phuket), I think there was a web page with the full list and prices linked on visa section 9f this forum..., so those who "can" come better shop around, 120k is just daylight rubbery....! Add to that the cost of insurance and health certificate etc. and no wonder nobody 8s coming...????

Many bargains to be had with nighttime rubbery

• Haha 2

The jungceylon parking is only open to cars, not bikes...! You would have thought with so few visitors they would just open that whole space for people with a any vehicle to park there and make use of it..., maybe , maybe they get some more visitors and some trade , how they are going to make money from a parking lot when they're no customers....! - then again logic is not their strongest trait here...????

Susi Wong is open again by the way, I saw some of their staff on Bangla trying hard to drag people in there...

Illuzion wanted 300b for enterance on Saturday (I don't think it included any drinks), what a cheek...!? They deserve to be empty on other nights then...????

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 1:09 PM, Agusts said:

Susi Wong is open again by the way, I saw some of their staff on Bangla trying hard to drag people in there...

They didn't have to try very hard with me........I'm a sucker for a pretty face and a shapely form!

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2020 at 1:09 PM, Agusts said:

Illuzion wanted 300b for enterance on Saturday

Strong rumours abound that Taipan nightclub will be open on or around Christmas day, and they have certainly made good progress to the alterations since I last looked about a week ago, so maybe it's a possibility?

Maybe they are hoping for a bit much because many of the bar girls would frequent the place, if not only for a few drinks with mates and a bit of a party atmosphere, but to pick up the occasional farang......the problem being there are very few bar girls out there at the moment and even fewer farangs.

However having said that, I still do see a trickle of attractive-looking girls trundling down Sansabai around midnight, looking for a "good time", and perhaps Taipan would be a good option, especially if other venues are charging an entrance fee.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 11:43 PM, madmitch said:

I'd read on here how quiet it was but it had to be seen to be believed.

I was planning to go out tonight with a friend for dinner and a drink or two, however he has informed me that "Phuket Walking Street" will be closed?

He wants to know whether that includes Bangla or not, and I would very much like to know as well – – anyone got any news on this?

Thanks in anticipation.

• Like 1

compared to Kamala where the 4 restaurants on the beach sidewalk where full on packed and the fireworks out of the intercontinental were very nice.   10% masked.....

Heading home at 12:10, 99% of the bars on the main road were closed, ( Duck bar had like 5 customers) who wants to party in bar when u can party in the open air...  

Cafe del mar seemed about 60% occupied

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Agusts said:

Taipan is totally transformed, all new decor and great finish, even in the toilets...lol, just need people now..., come with short and bikini for the pool...????, all beer incl. San Miguel Light 100b, what more do you want...!

I decided to turn back from illuzion two nights on a row, the guy just picks on me, I put mask, sanatize my hand , got temprature even attempt to scan the QR with my phone, but he still not satisfied and wanted to see the app on my phone....!!!!??? While others go in without any of that - it must say Covid19 on my forehead...????, plenty other places that welcome me...????

Happy New Year...????????????

20201231_013658.jpg

20201231_013645.jpg

20210101_030446.jpg

Nobody in the place Agusts........did it ever get busy??

39 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Nobody in the place Agusts........did it ever get busy??

Not really, just a few people..., I think many people don't know about it, hopefully they get more customers in the coming weeks...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, xylophone said:

I couldn't get to grips with Taipan because the dance area was extremely small and the place seemed to be built around several drinking areas, including the outside area next to the swimming pool, beyond which were the rooms in which used to be, "The Yorkshire Inn", and not sure that I would like to be in one of the rooms facing the swimming pool area when the disco/music was in full swing......but then what do I know?

@xylophone Is the pool now shared between the Yorkshire Inn and Taipan?  Several years ago, my wife had a membership at the Yorkshire, which in addition to the gym included use of the pool, sauna and steam room ( which was a bargain for locals). At that time, I believe it was exclusive to the Yorkshire Inn and they still list it as an amenity on their website.

11 hours ago, DrDave said:

@xylophone Is the pool now shared between the Yorkshire Inn and Taipan?  Several years ago, my wife had a membership at the Yorkshire, which in addition to the gym included use of the pool, sauna and steam room ( which was a bargain for locals). At that time, I believe it was exclusive to the Yorkshire Inn and they still list it as an amenity on their website.

Not sure about that DrDave, but as the pool is now an integral part of Taipan, I would think it unlikely, BUT I can try and find out for you.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xylophone said:

Not sure about that DrDave, but as the pool is now an integral part of Taipan, I would think it unlikely, BUT I can try and find out for you.

Thanks xylophone, no need to check - I was just curious. I've found that the Yorkshire was recently bought by a new owner (possibly same owner as TaiPan?) and it appears the hotel's amenities will be shared with TaiPan. The pool area at the Yorkshire was a beautiful, quiet oasis - just steps off of Soi Sansabai, but well designed and landscaped to provide a peaceful and private setting.

27 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Thanks xylophone, no need to check - I was just curious. I've found that the Yorkshire was recently bought by a new owner (possibly same owner as TaiPan?) and it appears the hotel's amenities will be shared with TaiPan. The pool area at the Yorkshire was a beautiful, quiet oasis - just steps off of Soi Sansabai, but well designed and landscaped to provide a peaceful and private setting.

Well DD, I very much doubt that it would be a "peaceful and private setting/beautiful quiet oasis" as it is just about in the middle of a nightclub (actually just one side but an integral part of it all the same)!

Wouldn't surprise me if the Yorkshire was bought by Taipan's owners, as they had plenty of money to go around because of the previous decades of good times for the club – – but now?