Patong - The Wake

Patong2

32 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Agreed, It's a start... What I really have really noticed is the speed with which the dirty tub-tuks have showed up, all within a weeks time, now clogging "my" formerly deserted Beach Road. The number of tub-tuks probably exceeds the number of foreign visitors by a factor of 2or3 to 1.... They all came crawling out from under their damp rocks as if somebody sounded the trumpets... hope they all starve.

Also seeing a noticeable increase in the number of BiB's. They must be hungry too.

Yes, good observation as I did see a few more parked along Beach Road today, and I suppose we are talking about the same thing, i.e. "tuk-tuks"?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Mai mee said:

Agreed, It's a start... What I really have really noticed is the speed with which the dirty tub-tuks have showed up, all within a weeks time, now clogging "my" formerly deserted Beach Road. The number of tub-tuks probably exceeds the number of foreign visitors by a factor of 2or3 to 1.... They all came crawling out from under their damp rocks as if somebody sounded the trumpets... hope they all starve.

Also seeing a noticeable increase in the number of BiB's. They must be hungry too.

'my beach road' there,s your problem! 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:23 AM, KarenBravo said:

If people don't think that their heads aren't worth more than the cost of a helmet, then, they are setting themselves up to be removed from the gene-pool and gain a Darwin prize.

Sir, whilst the tenet of your comment holds true, it should be noted the Darwin award is not given posthumously.

• Haha 2

Whilst we are on the subject of property, and as I mentioned previously, judging by the amount of property spruikers in Dons bar, it would seem as though somebody is hoping for a property revival here in Patong!!!

Come to that the bars in Nanai Road are reasonably busy, and it has become the "go to" bar place now that Bangla is shut, and just yesterday when I went past the Offshore Bar, it was humming with farangs and the equivalent amount of girls! Whereas the newly opened bar alongside of Makro (Nang 2) doesn't seem to have had one visitor since it's been open, and it's not surprising given its location and shape.

As regards the girls in Patong, well quite a few must have made it back before the domestic travel restrictions, because I have seen some very good looking girls here now, and I have never seen them around the place before, and speaking to one lady friend here, she thought they may have come down from Bangkok just prior to the restrictions coming in.

Whatever, there are certainly a few (new) good-looking girls milling around the place now, and one hopes that they have been vaccinated and are Covid free??

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2021 at 6:22 PM, LivinginKata said:

Gamblers always talk about the wins.  Forgot about the many losses. 

Just wait till bitcoin goes <deleted> up. The Chinese are apparently already moving against it and other countries likely to follow, IMO.

Just another South Seas, dot com or Tulip bubble IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, zzzzz said:

i dont want to know, nor do i care>>
her life, but if she is thinking he doesn't want, "something" while she is there ........

Just to show how much of a fool you are................she met him here, pre-covid, and spent a full 2 weeks with him, sightseeing, eating out and generally having a good time. So they are not "strangers" to one another.

The surprise was that after all of this time he got in touch again, so I wish her all the very best.

PS. You did ask what country in your post; "did she mention which one", you asked??

• Like 2

How many   females have been lured  overseas  with promises of no hanky panky,, either just  as friends  or  offer of a respectful  job..   Im  sure most of us  know   some horror stories.   In fact  my wifes cousin was one,  lured to Sydney, work as a waitress she was assured by a  friend,,  finished up locked up in a brothel.  She managed to phone my wife, I   got onto Immigration in Sydney  and     gave them the address, they raided the place, apparently 5 other girls there in the same situation, only an old Mama San     in charge,,   organiser/owner of the brothel  well    away and hidden.      Just have a look at the "personal" column of your local newspaper,   hundreds of females, from all  over the world offering "services"  A cop I know tells me  quite a lot of them  are  in country on a tourist visa  in Australia, organised  by  gangs.

57 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

How many   females have been lured  overseas  with promises of no hanky panky,, either just  as friends  or  offer of a respectful  job..   Im  sure most of us  know   some horror stories.   In fact  my wifes cousin was one,  lured to Sydney, work as a waitress she was assured by a  friend,,  finished up locked up in a brothel.  She managed to phone my wife, I   got onto Immigration in Sydney  and     gave them the address, they raided the place, apparently 5 other girls there in the same situation, only an old Mama San     in charge,,   organiser/owner of the brothel  well    away and hidden.      Just have a look at the "personal" column of your local newspaper,   hundreds of females, from all  over the world offering "services"  A cop I know tells me  quite a lot of them  are  in country on a tourist visa  in Australia, organised  by  gangs.

I'm sure you mean well, however your post has nothing whatsoever to do with that which I posted, and to refresh your memory because it seems as if you haven't read it properly: – the lady concerned is going overseas to stay with a male, whom she stayed with here when he was on holiday a while back (and for the record, "hanky-panky" as you call it was in play when he was staying here with her, so no surprises).

She knows him fairly well, and in recent times has been speaking to him again on whatever medium one uses these days, in order to finalise the details/cost of her vaccination, airfares, and all expenses which he will cover.

I see no problem with it and I think it's a far cry from the horror stories of which you and I are both aware.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, good day to all of you good people. I am preparing my visa and documents to enter Thailand via the Phuket sandbox program. But I am still undecided which area I should stay in. If I were to station myself in Patong, would I get any sights of life, restaurants and amenities? Also, I don't ride a motorbike, it would be great if there are baht bus and motorsai available easily in Patong. Appreciate any advice from Phuket residents here. Thanks much!