Abandoned newborn found by garbage dump in Chonburi

Jonathan Fairfield

Abandoned newborn found by garbage dump in Chonburi

c1.png

An abandoned newborn was found by a garbage dump and rescued overnight by a municipal official in Chonburi.

At 1:30am today, Chonburi police were notified by local worker Rungroj Attra that there was an abandoned baby girl by a dumpster on Soi 9 in the Ban Suan subdistrict.

According to Manager, the rescue was “a close one” and could have easily have been too late and the baby could have died.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/abandoned-newborn-found-garbage-dump-chonburi/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-06-26

Poor kid, what a way to start life !  

Luckily snatched from the arms of death in the nick of time.

One more orphan to join the thousands of abandoned children in Thailand.

Hopefully the baby can be adopted by a doting childless couple.

So many sad stories in this world , but  there is now a glimmer of hope for this little one.

Edited by xerostar
better video

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Why doesn't Prayuth bring in compulsory child support for all the Thai fathers who walk away from their responsibilities?

Great idea but it would be an administrative impossibility to ever collect it from the 99% that would not pay!! Also I could see the headline on TV now - “15 different Ladies claim for the same baby”!!

This is totally despicable. 

Maybe time to start putting together the beginning of a welfare state that will protect its elderly and little babies.

Wife and I have no children. I am dreadful at the thought of "if" I die before her.. what will become of her...

1 minute ago, LazySlipper said:

This is totally despicable. 

Maybe time to start putting together the beginning of a welfare state that will protect its elderly and little babies.

Wife and I have no children. I am dreadful at the thought of "if" I die before her.. what will become of her...

My thoughts too - its no good having cash in a country you’re not allowed to buy anything in - so how DO you provide for someone who’s been a good wife for 40 years!!