Tea seller complains of hot water attack in war with noodle sellers as the police do little

webfact

Tea seller complains of hot water attack in war with noodle sellers as the police do little

mSQWlZdCq5b6ZLkmwsBvB7tl7CMikpX2.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

NAHKON SI THAMMARAT: -- A woman who claims she had hot water thrown over her as a woman stood on her neck has complained to the media in a call for justice.

Jae Mem - real name Ratana Buntha, 43, - said she was attacked for no reason in a market where she sold pearl tea in downtown Nakorn Sri Thammarat.

Shge said she had been talking to several friends about stalls in the area when a mother and daughter from a noodle stall took offence and hit her with a rod.

She said she was knocked to the ground then while one of the assailants stood on her neck the other threw boiling water at her.

She said the police came to visit her in hospital but have not pressed charges. They said they were waiting until she recovered.

She is expected to be in hospital for another month after the attack on June 13th.

The noodle vendors said they did not cover her in hot water - they threw a pot of water at her after she came at them with a knife, they said.

Relatives have been to the hospital to attempt to buy off the tea seller with 5,000 baht which she refused saying she intends to fight them in court.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-06-27

3 minutes ago, webfact said:

Relatives have been to the hospital to attempt to buy off the tea seller with 5,000 baht which she refused saying she intends to fight them in court.

Offering 'Tea money' to the wrong people. Try the ones in brown uniforms, it usually works !

Offering 'Tea money' to the wrong people. Try the ones in brown uniforms, it usually works !

Sounds to me as if the BIB already received their tea money.  Why else would they fail to investigate or press charges until she 'recovered' (hint - hoping all the news settles down and the charges could be buried).  Gotta love how the law works here.  Just don't get caught twerking or you'll have the entire might of the government on your case.  TIT ! ! ! ! :clap2:

2 hours ago, Smiley Face said:

Sounds to me as if the BIB already received their tea money.  Why else would they fail to investigate or press charges until she 'recovered' (hint - hoping all the news settles down and the charges could be buried).  Gotta love how the law works here.  Just don't get caught twerking or you'll have the entire might of the government on your case.  TIT ! ! ! ! :clap2:

Just as a matter of interest, are there no "bent" cops in your own countries..there is in mine for sure, and in every country that I know of. The only difference is that in most countries the stakes are a lot higjer than "tea" money.....

One has to laugh on here at the constant " holier than thou" attitude of a lot of posters.....they should really at the time of posting give us the names of their own countries.....so as we could have another laugh ....because by implication of their posts...they are telling us it doesn't happen ...back home?

4 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Just as a matter of interest, are there no "bent" cops in your own countries..there is in mine for sure, and in every country that I know of. The only difference is that in most countries the stakes are a lot higjer than "tea" money.....

One has to laugh on here at the constant " holier than thou" attitude of a lot of posters.....they should really at the time of posting give us the names of their own countries.....so as we could have another laugh ....because by implication of their posts...they are telling us it doesn't happen ...back home?

No, we don't get cops even close to these back home.  

30 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Yes, because its all black and white, it either happens or not.

Nobody cares how widespread it is.

One bent cop in a country is as bad as all cops in the country being bent.

Great post by the way, lol.

38 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I`m from Australia .

Try and bribe a cop down here its not going to end well . Especially since Cops now wear video and microphones .

Big difference in Thailand is the police can act as Judges . Money changes hands without charges ever being laid . 

Edited by Hi kwai fun

54 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

You're confusing the definition of 'hypocrisy'. 

People are commenting on this particular case. We all know what the police here are like. There is a horrible culture of corruption within the police force. No one can deny that. 

What happens in other countries is neither here nor there. Let the people who live there condemn it or let people from around the world go onto that 'particular story' and condemn it. Comparing two wrongs never makes it right or excusable. 

Remember when you were a kid and you'd do something bad. Your teacher might tell you off and you'd say, "But so-and-so did it as well!". Remember how your teacher would say, "I don't care what so-and-so did. I'm telling 'you' off right now!" I used to think that was so unfair until I realised the point they were making. Other people doing bad things is 'never' an excuse for you to do the same. 

I comment on stories from around the world on about 4 different websites. Very seldom do you see people saying, "but it happens in other countries too!". That sort of attitude is shot down quickly as it's a cop out. Having people feel something is less serious because it happens all the time or in other places is a really detrimental precedent. 

I hope the lady who's in hospital gets the justice she deserves. 

Edited by rkidlad

In the UK it has to be said, that the police do their job, fair dos the get a fair salary also, but, the best thing is most police are not locals, they serve within the system, and when older they will stay in a station for years, but they are still not locals. This stops abuse and bribes. But overall the police do the job to make a difference and protect and serve the public. The police in Thailand, you get to see the same officer at the same location, if you see them at all! very rarely doing their job, only stopping motorbikes in purges. If they were to be seen working outside their boxes pulling wrongdoers all the time, things would change. But, the public know that's never going to happen any time soon. But then we have to lay the blame at their officers, not leading their men.

Part of the problem, as I have posted before, is the lack of independence in the police and the army. The business fabric in Thailand is inextricably linked with the armed forces and the police, who own banks (e.g. TMB) and businesses either overtly or covertly, occupy government positions, and are renowned for their "protection" services.

Until they are forbidden to have business and government positions that conflict with their duties to protect and serve the interests of the country and the public, nothing will change. For example, why do Air Force military officers sit on the board of Thai Airways? British Airways don't need any Royal Air Force involvement, they have nothing to do with the police  or government but can still successfully run an airline.How did Thaksin build a business empire whilst a serving police officer? Other countries keep business as an occupation for civilians to prevent these conflicts of interest.

If nothing changes, selective law enforcement based on money rather than justice will continue, and the Thai people will continue to be controlled by an apparently corrupt establishment. 

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

People like you amaze me. This is the THAI visa forum. Not the English visa forum, not the American visa forum, not the Italian visa forum, not the Chinese visa forum, not the Swiss visa forum and so on and so on ....... ad infinitude.

This site is to talk all things Thai. If it's not relevant to Thailand, then the mods remove it.

This is a THAI forum about Thailand, Thai people and all that happens in Thailand.  

obl.jpg

2 hours ago, dotpoom said:

So where are you from? Obviously not the UK. Try reporting an incident like this in the UK and see if nothing gets done. And if you are the perpetrator then try passing over a brown envelope to the old bill and see what happens. The British police aren't perfect but they are definitely holier than this lot. 

Obviously the police have been payed off in some form  here and good on her for using social media to get her case heard and not accepting  a bribe in return.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

6 hours ago, Smiley Face said:

Twerking is gyrating your "A$$3" in a suggestive manner.  Perhaps the term you are referring to (from recent news items) is "pelvic thrusting."   However the same people probably would disapprove of botty wiggling too.   

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Yes you are right, it's just that in some other countries the cops have the brains to cover it up, these brains are in short supply with Thailands finest.

3 hours ago, phetpeter said:

In the UK it has to be said, that the police do their job, fair dos the get a fair salary also, but, the best thing is most police are not locals, they serve within the system, and when older they will stay in a station for years, but they are still not locals. This stops abuse and bribes. But overall the police do the job to make a difference and protect and serve the public. The police in Thailand, you get to see the same officer at the same location, if you see them at all! very rarely doing their job, only stopping motorbikes in purges. If they were to be seen working outside their boxes pulling wrongdoers all the time, things would change. But, the public know that's never going to happen any time soon. But then we have to lay the blame at their officers, not leading their men.

Yes, all these Lt Gens, Lt Cols, Major Gens etc, have a lot to answer for.:cheesy:

6 hours ago, Hi kwai fun said:

I`m from Australia .

Try and bribe a cop down here its not going to end well . Especially since Cops now wear video and microphones .

Big difference in Thailand is the police can act as Judges . Money changes hands without charges ever being laid . 

Street cops maybe.....dig a little deeper.....start in Victoria

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

there are dishonest and corrupt people in every country however my country has an exceptionally professional, well trained hard working police force, in my experience the RTP can not tick any of these boxes.

if you see do difference between the way the RTP behave and the police in your own country i feel sorry for you and your countrymen.

Well I just hope she recovers complete mobility.  I feel sorry she was tortured so badly. And by a mom and daughter.  They need locked up!!  Obviously the perps are known as their relatives came to buy the victim off.   But should any amount be able to suspend justice.  This case seems so violent that the criminal penalty needs to exist separate from monetary compensation.  I sure hope there are witnesses and the police will do something.   What sort of country am I contemplating?

9 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Yes there are bent cops in other countries and in my western nation the law comes down very heavy on them if they get caught! That is the difference! So let us not get sidetracked with obfuscation.