Emergency vehicles & Thai drivers

clifric

Thai drivers invariably sit in the traffic and refuse to move over or make way for emergency vehicles. This video from Oldbury Community Fire Station in UK shows a ladt driver doing a test run on a course (she passed). Thai drivers should watch how the traffic reacts to the emergency appliance warning siren.    

I see most drivers try to make effort to move away but if they traffic are paralyzed by the traffic light, there is nothing much drivers can do. Ambulance here dont coordinate with the traffic light and when cars are full, it's almost impossible to give way. You can see this almost everyday at Rama 1, Sukhumvit and busy roads in BKK.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My condo is right on Sukhumvit near On Nut BTS. I routinely watch them being ignored when lights and sirens are going from my balcony. I think to myself I hope I don't have to be rushed to the hospital.

Any Thai will tell you that there are a lot more emergency vehicles with flashing lights than there are emergencies.

However in the provinces where there very often is the possibility of giving way they don't do it either. I often don't do it because I know that the car in front of me isn't going to do it so why bother.

23 minutes ago, cooked said:

Any Thai will tell you that there are a lot more emergency vehicles with flashing lights than there are emergencies.

However in the provinces where there very often is the possibility of giving way they don't do it either. I often don't do it because I know that the car in front of me isn't going to do it so why bother.

I have moved over and the bloke behind has hooted his hooter as if l was doing something wrong, overtook and blocked the ambulance........:sad: