first time application for 1 year visa extension-korat

Hi there

I'm trying to confirm a couple of requirements for applying for my first one year "retirement" extension at Korat immigration as I am getting a little confused about a couple of things.  Am hoping I can get some advice here.

I am UK citizen age 54 and married to a Thai national.  I am currently in Thailand on a UK issued 90 day single visit visa issued on the basis of visiting the wife.  That visa expires on 26 July.

My confusion is around:

1.  Proof of income/money in the bank.  

I opened a Kasikorn savings account in Korat on 5th May shortly after arrival in the country.  I transferred money in to this from a Kasikorn account I already had in Pattaya and have had > THB 800,000 in it since 8th May.  I also transferred a further sum > THB 800,000 from the UK directly in to the Korat account on 24 May.  I understand the 800,000 needs to have been in the account for at least 60 days at the time I apply for the visa extension and that I need a letter from the bank confirming the current balance exceeds 800,000.  However am not sure whether I also need the bank to state that those funds came from overseas.  Therefore I would like to know if the 60 days requirement clock would have started ticking on the 8th or the 24th May?

2.  When to apply for the extension.

Under the assumption, using the 8th May date above, that the requirement for the 800,000 in the bank would be met by 6th July.  Therefore I could apply for the extension any time between then and the expiry of the existing visa on 26th July.  On that basis I was planning to get the bank letter on the 12th, following the bank holiday break, and apply for the visa on 13th July.  However, I have since read that you need at least 15 days remaining on the existing visa at the time you apply for an extension.  Is that correct?  If so that would mean I would have to apply for the visa on the 6th or 7th July.  

Also, if the money clock did not start ticking until 24 May AND I have to apply for the extension 15 days before the current visa expires then it seems I am stuffed.  Will I need to leave the country and come back in on a new visa if this is the case?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers  

10 minutes ago, grs90 said:

However am not sure whether I also need the bank to state that those funds came from overseas.  Therefore I would like to know if the 60 days requirement clock would have started ticking on the 8th or the 24th May?

For the extension of stay there is no requirement to prove the funds came from abroad. That is only needed to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration.

You can apply at any time after the 7th of July since that is when it will be in the bank for 60 days.

10 minutes ago, grs90 said:

However, I have since read that you need at least 15 days remaining on the existing visa at the time you apply for an extension.  Is that correct?

The 15 days is only for applying for a non immigrant visa at immigration.