Image of the United States has plunged under Trump, survey shows

webfact

1 minute ago, bushdoctor said:

Unless you're a solar engineer I'd leave that to the experts. You do realize panels can be placed at any angle, and multiple angles? 

I am an EE by trade, and have been teaching physics & math (and some occasional chemistry when required) for the past 25 or so years.  But my criticisms don't need engineering or technical degrees to comprehend.  Any first year tech student who has fiddled around with PV cells knows this.  Hobbyists know this.  Anyone who has ever had a calculator powered by PV cells knows that if you tilt the thing just a bit this way or that, the cells stop receiving sufficient light input to be useful.

This is not rocket science.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

And so efficient stretching it out over 900 miles.  The thing is, though, Trump also said it has to be see through.. Otherwise border patrol agents could risk having 60 pound bags of drugs tossed onto their heads.  

It can be see through at the lower section. Let the engineers do their job before you complain. It's becoming obvious you don't want a solution...only problems. It's not easy to throw drugs over a 50 foot wall, Perhaps it's a viable with the use of air cannons? Regardless, the wall will be a big deterrent to illegal immigration and drug traffic, and generate electricity as well. Sounds like an ingenious solution for the innovative USA. 

18 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

He wants to build a wall on the southern US border and cover it with solar panels. Possibly 40-50 feet tall and 900 miles long.

That's a pretty big solar array innit? 

Nope. It's a pipe dream. And standard BS.

40-50 tall? Right.

Where ya been? Hybernating?

I doubt the fence will hold them:

"As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them.

They hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over," Trump said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-wall-idUSKBN19Y2WN

:laugh:

Donald Trump says Mexico border wall must be see-through to stop 'sacks of drugs' landing on people's heads

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-us-mexico-wall-see-through-sacks-of-drugs-landing-on-peoples-heads-a7842416.html

"Gleason, being in the construction business, said he knew a few people in contact with Trump,

so he directed his firm to come up with a design and "get it in front" of the president after the DHS requested proposals."

"But he cautioned that numerous variables — the Mexican border is far from a straight line and light intensity changes from month-to-month —

could complicate his calculations."

"He said his firm hasn't received the go-ahead from the federal government to conduct a full evaluation."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-solar-border-wall-mexico-images-2017-6

One crackpot comes up with a scheme and the inept one claimed it was his idea:

Good imagination, right? Trump claims solar-wall idea as his own

“I will give you an idea that nobody has heard about yet."

"We are thinking about building a wall as a solar wall."

He added: “Pretty good imagination, right? My idea!”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/good-imagination-right-trump-claims-solar-wall-idea-as-his-own-htgzbrtx2

Where do you get your "news" from?

Trump "Tweets"?

Are you still buying the "Mexico will pay for it" nonsense?

20 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Ivanka dresses: made in China

Ivanka blouses: made in Indonesia

Ivanka suits: made in Viet nam

Ivanka handbags & shoes: made in Malaysia

Ivanka Inc.: Not made in the USA.

The problem is it's legal, why wouldn't a business take advantage of that? Many do...and that's precisely the issue President Trump is hoping to address. Or would a solution just be another thing that's unwanted by the left? 

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Nope. It's a pipe dream. And standard BS.

40-50 tall? Right.

Where ya been? Hybernating?

I doubt the fence will hold them:

"As horrible as it sounds, when they throw the large sacks of drugs over, and if you have people on the other side of the wall, you don't see them.

They hit you on the head with 60 pounds of stuff? It's over," Trump said."

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-wall-idUSKBN19Y2WN

:laugh:

Donald Trump says Mexico border wall must be see-through to stop 'sacks of drugs' landing on people's heads

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-us-mexico-wall-see-through-sacks-of-drugs-landing-on-peoples-heads-a7842416.html

"Gleason, being in the construction business, said he knew a few people in contact with Trump,

so he directed his firm to come up with a design and "get it in front" of the president after the DHS requested proposals."

"But he cautioned that numerous variables — the Mexican border is far from a straight line and light intensity changes from month-to-month —

could complicate his calculations."

"He said his firm hasn't received the go-ahead from the federal government to conduct a full evaluation."

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-solar-border-wall-mexico-images-2017-6

One crackpot comes up with a scheme and the inept one claimed it was his idea:

Good imagination, right? Trump claims solar-wall idea as his own

“I will give you an idea that nobody has heard about yet."

"We are thinking about building a wall as a solar wall."

He added: “Pretty good imagination, right? My idea!”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/good-imagination-right-trump-claims-solar-wall-idea-as-his-own-htgzbrtx2

Where do you get your "news" from?

Trump "Tweets"?

Are you still buying the "Mexico will pay for it" nonsense?

The energy generated on the Mexican border could easily be sold to Mexico. Let me guess....another unwanted solution? 

So in other words, that's a terrible thing but we're going to keep doing it since it's legal.  Wonderful.

So how is he addressing it?  Does he have a bill making its way through congress?  

If the Trump family truly felt that strongly about the matter, surely they would be the first to right this egregious wrong by having the Ivanka labor brought back into the country.

49 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Did you write this or did hacker take control of your posts?

"Trump a lame duck?  Republican members of Congress continue to vote in line with Trump's position." 

And did that hacker also write this?

"BTW:  Hate speech is not a substitute for real answers." 

Speaking of ducks.  If you don't know the answer, just say so.  Don't try to duck it with an obnoxious reply.

A new question:  Is the image of the U.S. affected by Trump's low approval ratings?

31 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Please share with us any solid inside information you have regarding a future congressional vote. 

Trump's wall won't get a penny as Congress agrees $1trn spending plan

'The bill ensures taxpayer dollars aren't used to fund an ineffective border wall' (sub-title)

"The agreement follows weeks of tense negotiations between Democrats and GOP leaders after President Trump insisted that the deal include funding to begin building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border."

"Trump eventually dropped that demand, leaving Congress to resolve lingering issues over several unrelated policy measures.

"The new border-security money comes with strict limitations that the Trump administration use it only for technology investments and repairs to existing fencing and infrastructure, the aides said."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trumps-wall-wont-get-a-penny-as-congress-agrees-1trn-spending-plan-a7711101.html

No money, no fundy...

19 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

And so efficient stretching it out over 900 miles.  The thing is, though, Trump also said it has to be see through.. Otherwise border patrol agents could risk having 60 pound bags of drugs tossed onto their heads.  

Already answered this in an earlier post. 

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes it would be very efficient having one set of power lines carrying all that power straight along the wall, there would likely be a battle for the rights to buy the power from several states. You could also add wind farms where applicable to jump on the lines too couldn't you. All this could justify a good road from end to end. Trump isn't going to do any of this though I'm sorry to say.

6 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

The energy generated on the Mexican border could easily be sold to Mexico. Let me guess....another unwanted solution? 

Nice deflection. NOT

"The energy generated on the Mexican border could easily be sold to Mexico."

You are just making stuff up...

:coffee1:

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

Trump's wall won't get a penny as Congress agrees $1trn spending plan

'The bill ensures taxpayer dollars aren't used to fund an ineffective border wall' (sub-title)

"The agreement follows weeks of tense negotiations between Democrats and GOP leaders after President Trump insisted that the deal include funding to begin building a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border."

"Trump eventually dropped that demand, leaving Congress to resolve lingering issues over several unrelated policy measures.

"The new border-security money comes with strict limitations that the Trump administration use it only for technology investments and repairs to existing fencing and infrastructure, the aides said."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trumps-wall-wont-get-a-penny-as-congress-agrees-1trn-spending-plan-a7711101.html

No money, no fundy...

Are you saying solar power is not real infrastructure? ?

Just now, iReason said:

Nice deflection. NOT

"The energy generated on the Mexican border could easily be sold to Mexico."

You are just making stuff up...

So It can't be sold to Mexico? 

I think you're making stuff up friend. 

10 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

It can be see through at the lower section. Let the engineers do their job before you complain. It's becoming obvious you don't want a solution...only problems. It's not easy to throw drugs over a 50 foot wall, Perhaps it's a viable with the use of air cannons? Regardless, the wall will be a big deterrent to illegal immigration and drug traffic, and generate electricity as well. Sounds like an ingenious solution for the innovative USA. 

Do you actually read what you write?  It's comical.  You're buying Trump's bull.  Why in freaks name would a drug dealer want to throw a bag of drugs over a wall onto a border patrol?  Does this make sense to you?

6 minutes ago, attrayant said:

So in other words, that's a terrible thing but we're going to keep doing it since it's legal.  Wonderful.

So how is he addressing it?  Does he have a bill making its way through congress?  

If the Trump family truly felt that strongly about the matter, surely they would be the first to right this egregious wrong by having the Ivanka labor brought back into the country.

Try to expand you're mind a little. If it's legal, and you're competition is doing it...what do you do? Go out of business as a patriot? Trump thinks the solution is to take away the advantage if doing it. Yes know, I know...the left isn't interested in solutions. 

Sorry Grubster,

my post was intended for this poster:

bushdoctor said:

"The energy generated on the Mexican border could easily be sold to Mexico"

Then:

" there would likely be a battle for the rights to buy the power from several states."

Just making stuff up again...

And you sound as sound as his continually morphing "plans"

Enjoy your Trolling. :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Try to expand you're mind a little. If it's legal, and you're competition is doing it...what do you do? Go out of business as a patriot? Trump thinks the solution is to take away the advantage if doing it. Yes know, I know...the left isn't interested in solutions. 

Actually, Ivanka's competition is taking steps to check that their labor forces in China and elsewhere are treated fairly. It's Ivanka who's out of step

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/ivanka-trump-overseas/?utm_term=.8c36ccfb6c92

8 minutes ago, attrayant said:

Thats one of the big issues he ran on, sorry to say it was just talk though, I wish it wasn't but the rich depend on cheap foreign labor and lack of regulations,  they won't let anybody change it. As he said though what do you have to lose, Dems. have allowed it to happen too. Bernie Sanders was all about that stuff too, I can't think he could have gotten anywhere with it either as the Rich control all these muppets anyway.

19 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

I'll ask again since you didn't answer the first time.  What solutions have been presented beyond the 'talking about it' stage?  Is congress working on a bill?

What solutions (your pluralization) have actually been presented that "the left" isn't interested in?  And you know what?  "The left" is a minority in congress.  Trump and his team has a majority.  Legislation - sorry solutions should be sailing through congress with ease.

7 minutes ago, iReason said:

"The energy generated on the Mexican border could easily be sold to Mexico"

Then:

" there would likely be a battle for the rights to buy the power from several states."

Just making stuff up again...

And you sound as sound as his continually morphing "plans"

"Trump isn't going to do any of this though I'm sorry to say."

Bingo!

Besides, he doesn't like windmills. Says they kill too many birds and are ugly... :laugh:

Enjoy your Trolling. :thumbsup:

You are the one trolling, I'm saying what I think Jaws. I'm making nothing up, do you have any clue how badly some of the western states need power? I have said nothing about Mexico by the way, what was that troll about. I would love to see the solar wall and the wind mills and I don't care what Trump thinks about them as he is and idiot anyway. I only said that he is right about what he says on this issue, since I am sure he is lying though his teeth and will do none of it.

21 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Thats one of the big issues he ran on, sorry to say it was just talk though, I wish it wasn't but the rich depend on cheap foreign labor and lack of regulations,  they won't let anybody change it. As he said though what do you have to lose, Dems. have allowed it to happen too.

It's stupid issue to run on.  And the reason it's always "just talk" is Americans love their cheap clothes and fashion labels love the cheap labor, so nobody wants the status quo to change aside from a few loudmouths like Sanders and Trump.  It's one of those populist ideas that looks good on a bumper sticker but doesn't work in real life.  

How much would products cost if they were made in the USA?

Who wants to pay $248 for a pair of jeans, or $2000 for an iPhone?

23 minutes ago, bushdoctor said:

Bernie Sanders talked the same talk on this and most likely would walk the same walk. Do you think any politician in the US can take wall street on. Did you not see how both sides of the isle cowed down to the banks for $800,000,000,000 of taxpayer rewards for scamming us? I would say the US looks dumber and dumber all the time, the problem is those running the show in the US run the show in the world.

10 minutes ago, attrayant said:

It's stupid issue to run on.  And the reason it's always "just talk" is Americans love their cheap clothes and fashion labels love the cheap labor, so nobody wants the status quo to change aside from a few loudmouths like Sanders and Trump.  It's one of those populist ideas that looks good on a bumper sticker but doesn't work in real life.  

How much would products cost if they were made in the USA?

Who wants to pay $248 for a pair of jeans, or $2000 for an iPhone?

Well I can only say that my father was a union truck driver in the sixties with a non working wife and five kids, he kept two cars in the drive and bought and paid for a nice home. All this while Jimmy Hoffa and his henchmen were robing some of his dues [ the worst union crook there was]. My father had at least three times the buying power of a truck driver today, The rich company owners, banks and wall street make Jimmy Hoffa look like a saint. I would gladly pay the price for my neighbor to live a good life as long as it was reciprocal. I think most conservatives would rather their neighbor made less money even if it meant that he did too. Just where did all the wealth that was driving the US in the good old days go?  I can tell you it went to the top and not to the programs that support those who would have had good jobs back then. The american dream has turned into a joke and there is nothing short of a full blown revolution that can change it.

2 minutes ago, iReason said:

Yes.

It will not happen.

I know wind power is real and happening, I haven't seen much interest in solar by private companies but even if both take off in a big way it will still not be able to keep up with the new demands for world power, so coal, natural gas, and nuclear will be 1 2 3 in electric production while oil will still dominate all the industries it does now.

28 minutes ago, Grubster said:

I know wind power is real and happening, I haven't seen much interest in solar by private companies but even if both take off in a big way it will still not be able to keep up with the new demands for world power, so coal, natural gas, and nuclear will be 1 2 3 in electric production while oil will still dominate all the industries it does now.

I agree.

But as I mistakenly wrote to you about this fool in the White House;

"Besides, he doesn't like windmills. Says they kill too many birds and are ugly."

That's what he thinks. (or, says given his Big Oil buddies)

It will never come close to happening as long as he is around.

And the the dinosaurs of Big Oil will fight it tooth and nail. Both industries.

Safe to say, this inept fool occupying the White House, doesn't have a progressive bone in his body...

But, my answer in the above post was regarding information I had already shown that poster who kept on with his gibberish;

Money was not, and will not be allocated for a "wall".

Solar, or otherwise in the current budget.

Archived