Phuket Governor signs Thailand’s first anti-bribery MoU

webfact

2 hours ago, Moti24 said:

"Phuket Vows To Become Thailand’s 1St Corruption-Free Province"

Target date for completion - BE2660

No chance more like 3660.  It will take that long for interbreeding in Thailand to change the corrupt mind-set of the predominate Chinese Thais we have now

Well first you get rid of all the mafia in Phuket, guess that means that some rich families will have to move.

Then work on the police department and get rid of all the corrupt cops. Go to the government offices and

get rid of the corrupt members there. Do not forget the taxi company owners, and the other corrupt owners

of some of the businesses.  There sure is a lot of work ahead of Phuket to actually become a corrupt

free place,  that is for sure.  But start everywhere and eventually maybe the place can be better.

Geezer

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Does everyone seriously want "all" corruption in Thailand stopped? Can all us farangs seriously say we never benefit from corruption at all? The truth now.

I don't believe most Westerners here are involved in the sort of corruption we are talking about. There are some no doubt, but trying to do anything without getting into some sort of corrupt action is not easy as it is virtually in everything you do here.

Oiling the wheels when necessary for a small gratuity is far from the multi million baht deals that the locals are involved in.

A ticket for the Police Annual Ball is hardly the same as demanding new highway exits to be moved to service some land your wife just bought to build condos on.

:giggle:

Better headline would be:

Mafia Chief To End Island's Corruption.

Sub headline: He has ordered more carpets and brooms for government, armed forces, police and all other administration offices. It will be effective as soon as  he gets a suitable brown envelope from the bidders.

Give me a break!

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

4 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well first you get rid of all the mafia in Phuket, guess that means that some rich families will have to move.

Then work on the police department and get rid of all the corrupt cops. Go to the government offices and

get rid of the corrupt members there. Do not forget the taxi company owners, and the other corrupt owners

of some of the businesses.  There sure is a lot of work ahead of Phuket to actually become a corrupt

free place,  that is for sure.  But start everywhere and eventually maybe the place can be better.

Geezer

Well said cant see this getting off first base can you? If he tries he might end up as fish food If you got rid of all the corrupt cops that would be 90% of them gone Be no police force left

5 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I don't believe most Westerners here are involved in the sort of corruption we are talking about. There are some no doubt, but trying to do anything without getting into some sort of corrupt action is not easy as it is virtually in everything you do here.

Oiling the wheels when necessary for a small gratuity is far from the multi million baht deals that the locals are involved in.

A ticket for the Police Annual Ball is hardly the same as demanding new highway exits to be moved to service some land your wife just bought to build condos on.

:giggle:

I get what you are saying, but I mean corruption in general, ie paying a cop 300Bt to save you from the hassle of finding a police station to pay the fine when it was the cop himself who was carrying out the corruption in the first place. If you can gain an advantage by making the corruption work for you, then do it, as long as no innocent working class person is affected in any way.

Wow... Blind audacity in the extreme.

I really hope the guys who make these sorts of announcements know they are taking the p!$$... it would be extremely depressing if there were people dumb enough to actually believe what they are saying when making these comments. 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wow... Blind audacity in the extreme.

I really hope the guys who make these sorts of announcements know they are taking the p!$$... it would be extremely depressing if there were people dumb enough to actually believe what they are saying when making these comments. 

So true