Visa based on UK state pension.

1 minute ago, perthperson said:

You may be correct but that does not equate to obtaining an "on line Visa"  

Now detail the fact that a visit to the consulate is a must as is the presentation of all original paperwork before a visa sticker is placed in the passport. 

I can obtain an on line 12 month multi entry visa for Australia on-line. I get one every year. I never have to leave my house and there is no visa sticker in my passport.  When a similar service is provided by Thailand I will believe but at the present time this "on-line" Thai Visa is a myth.

Absolutely, hence my comment;

2 minutes ago, perthperson said:

On-line it most certainly is not

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Where did I state you can make an online application for a Visa.

You need to understand what's written and not put words in other peoples mouths.

I quoted from the Hull Consulate website which clearly states you can get online 'approval' for the single entry Non Imm O Visa before visiting in person to actually collect the Visa.

If you have a problem with that statement, take it up with Hull.

Visa 'approval' and Visa 'application' are two entirely different procedures.

Try admitting that you agreed an on line visa could be obtained.  

"@pickettywitch is absolutely correct."  ! 

You can apologise once you realise your mistake.

In the meantime I suggest you stop making unhelpful posts.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Try admitting that you agreed an on line visa could be obtained.  

"@pickettywitch is absolutely correct."  ! 

You can apologise once you realise your mistake.

In the meantime I suggest you stop making unhelpful posts.  

You need to re-read Pickettywhich's post again, to which you vehemently declared as being mostly false.

17 hours ago, pickettywitch said:

You can apply online for this O visa, to your nearest consulate in the uk, sending copies of passport app form and a letter from DWP to say your eligible and recieve your uk state pension, no bank statements, but if you've lost your letter from DWP 3 months statement its not about the money just to show your bank is receiving your state pension from DWP, you'll be contacted from the consulate, if approved by the embassy in London you'll have to go in person with your passport etc etc, 

That's pretty clear to me.

I posted the website details to clarify the online application was only to 'approve' the Visa.

I think you've taken the 'you can apply online for this O visa' out of context, with the remainder of his post.

It was made clear from the outset you had to visit the Consulate in person to collect the Visa.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
That's pretty clear to me.

I posted the website details to clarify the online application was only to 'approve' the Visa.
I think you've taken the 'you can apply online for this O visa' out of context, with the remainder of his post.
It was made clear from the outset you had to visit the Consulate in person to collect the Visa.

Thank you!
Anyway living in the north why travel all the way to London when u can over half the journey time by going to hull!
Seems logic to me! But some people just won't have it anyway ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 5 months later...
On 6/28/2017 at 2:49 PM, ubonjoe said:

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa at the Thai embassy in London if you are 65 or over and drawing a state pension.

Is it possible to get the same from the Thai Embassy in Hong Kong or is it a requirement to apply within the UK 

( have a friend who has been refused 2 month tourist visa as the official said he had used too many ) 

2 minutes ago, superal said:

Is it possible to get the same from the Thai Embassy in Hong Kong or is it a requirement to apply within the UK 

The most he might get is a single entry non-o visa in Hong Kong. He would probably have to show the equivalent of 800k baht in a bank or 65k baht income.

• Thanks 1