Can foreigner use Express immigration?

1 minute ago, IMA_FARANG said:

What do you mean by "express immigration"?

He was apparently asking about the auto gates.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Only permanent residents can use the auto departure and arrival gates after they register to do it.

He did this reply to my post.

1 hour ago, rnalswls2 said:

I see - too bad.. thanks always ubonjoe.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

HINT: Upon ENTRY into Th, if the Thai immigration line is NOT busy or EMPTY, ask any person in uniform if you can use!  I have never been refused - used 4 times

When my Thai wife and I travel we always use the Thai desk. Never a problem and I have done so on many occasions. 

• Like 2

I entered Sunday night at Swampy and the Priority gate, to the right and includes those over 70, was not manned, one of the uniformed staff took me around the corner to the Diplomatic desk, processed as quick as a local, and a lot quicker than the normal desks.

I think people should carefully read the OP before posting. He is not asking about the priority lanes.

18 hours ago, rnalswls2 said:

I saw a promoting video that foreigner are using express immigration machine at the airport...- is there ANY way to do it? Or is it a fake video? :) 

I'd like to avoid getting stamps on my passports. 

He is asking about the automatic gates where the passport is swiped for entry instead of going to an immigration desk.

Also my reply to his post.

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Only permanent residents can use the auto departure and arrival gates after they register to do it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

If you note their is a sign at the airport that lists three  classes of people who are given priority lane service 

They are:

• Those in wheelchairs or disabled
  • Those 70 years of age or older
  • Those (mainly women) who are pregnant or traveling with young children.

For your information, if you take the time to look, you will see a sign stating this as you enter the  immigration areas in swampy.

Both outgoing and incoming at swampy.

Outgoing as well? Where do you go for that? Being over 70, I have used that gate on arrivals, but I didn't know there is one for departures.

10 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Outgoing as well? Where do you go for that? Being over 70, I have used that gate on arrivals, but I didn't know there is one for departures.

Located on the lower level, close to the escalators that would go to the security area for the non-priority passengers. (both ends)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

Located on the lower level, close to the escalators that would go to the security area for the non-priority passengers. (both ends)

Thanks. I've always been so keen to get up the stairs and get it over with that I've never noticed.

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Where can one register to take advantage of this service? I am a permanent resident so I should qualify.

On 6/28/2017 at 3:39 PM, ubonjoe said:

Any clue where to register? I'm a PR and travel often in and out (usually overland Laos and Cambodia). Thanks for eventual input 

20 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Any clue where to register? I'm a PR and travel often in and out (usually overland Laos and Cambodia). Thanks for eventual input 

The is info near the end of the topic I posted a link to earlier for registering at Suvarnabhumi.

There was recent news article about them installing gates at the Nong Khai crossing but I have not other info about it. I am sure there are no other crossing that have them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I am also required to use a wheel chair to and from the plane.  Incoming, I am taken the priority lane or the diplomatic lane whilst outgoing I go to the airline check in and am taken from there to a priority lane, by the airline staff.  I know the guy was not talking about this but these are my experiences.:wai:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I was in the reverse situation to you - knew about the priority lane for departures but didn't know there was one for arrivals as well until a couple of usherettes directed me to it upon my return from LHR a fortnight ago! It consists of a couple of desks to the right of the main immigration arrival area for those not in the know.

On 6/29/2017 at 4:11 PM, ubonjoe said:

The is info near the end of the topic I posted a link to earlier for registering at Suvarnabhumi.

There was recent news article about them installing gates at the Nong Khai crossing but I have not other info about it. I am sure there are no other crossing that have them.

Thanks ;-) 

On 06/29/2017 at 10:10 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think people should carefully read the OP before posting. He is not asking about the priority lanes.

He is asking about the automatic gates where the passport is swiped for entry instead of going to an immigration desk.

Also my reply to his post.

The problem is the Thai Airways in flight video. It clearly says in English that Thai and "residents" can use the smart gate if they have a chipped passport. I also asked on Monday night and immigration pointed me to the Thai queue.

53 minutes ago, snawa said:

The problem is the Thai Airways in flight video. It clearly says in English that Thai and "residents" can use the smart gate if they have a chipped passport. I also asked on Monday night and immigration pointed me to the Thai queue.

Yes!

You point to an interpretation problem. The vast majority of ex-pats residing in Thailand are not "residents" but people with an "Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom" In other words these people are not 'Residents of Thailand' no matter how many times they have renewed their Temporary Stay in the Kingdom ---

Edited by perthperson

2 hours ago, perthperson said:

Yes!

You point to an interpretation problem. The vast majority of ex-pats residing in Thailand are not "residents" but people with an "Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom" In other words these people are not 'Residents of Thailand' no matter how many times they have renewed their Temporary Stay in the Kingdom ---

And, to add to the confusion, while most of us are definitely not Thai residents for immigration purposes, we may well be for taxation purposes! But that is a whole other issue not for this particular thread, I think! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2017 at 5:14 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

What do you mean by "express immigration"?

I am over 70 years old and always travel with a booked wheelchair from the airline.

I am wheeled from the plane to immigration and through the express lane.

Then they wheel  me to the baggage area where they pick up my checked baggage.

Then through customs, maybe a stop at an airport bank to get Thai currency, and then downstairs to the taxi queue.

Normally I tip  the wheelchair person maybe 100 baht for his or her service.

If you note their is a sign at the airport that lists three  classes of people who are given priority lane service 

They are:

• Those in wheelchairs or disabled
  • Those 70 years of age or older
  • Those (mainly women) who are pregnant or traveling with young children.

For your information, if you take the time to look, you will see a sign stating this as you enter the  immigration areas in swampy.

Both outgoing and incoming at swampy.

I was on an Eva Air flight from London to Bangkok . Sat next to me were 2 men in their 50 s who drank the whole flight . They were landlords of several properties in London & making money . I asked them if they were capable of walking the long trek to immigration after all that whisky . They laughed and told me that they get picked up from the exit of the plane in wheelchairs & up the ramp to an electric buggy , straight through immigration to luggage carousel and then taxi . I asked how do you manage to get that service and they showed me a doctor headed letter / form to confirm an illness , one was sciatica , forgot the other one  and all bullshit . Apparently prior arrangements are made for this service .